All Comments on 'A Bridge Between Worlds Ch. 01'

by auguy86

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
auguy86auguy86about 8 years agoAuthor
Just a quick note

The chapters for this story will likely be coming a bit slower than did the ones for An Unforgettable Melody. Life has started happening for me, both in good and bad ways, so my progress may be a bit slower. My goal will still be to publish at least a chapter a week, so hopefully I'll be able to stick to that. Thanks again for reading!

FormerReaderFormerReaderabout 8 years ago
Pass

While I enjoyed your first series, the direction you seem to be taking is a little too far out in left field for my taste. Even good so, good luck with it.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosabout 8 years ago
Looking forward to more!

I'm hoping that the bulk of the rest of the story takes place on Earth though, as I found the portion of this chapter that took place in Heaven to be fairly uninteresting, and the 'celebrity name dropping' (Earhart, Lindberg...) to be a bit silly (and not in a good way). Here's hoping that your life calms down (especially the 'bad' things in it), allowing you to focus more on your writing than you seem to think will be the case.

-Rei

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I just wanted to say this.

I thought that it was an interesting way to start the story regardless of what other people have said. So if people want to be so damn picky about who you put in at certain parts like Amelia Earhart or anything else like that they can just shut up. Also I was surprised that you decided to start a new story with the characters from your other story. Not that I'm going to complain I find it very interesting to see how it will work. I truly hope that the bad stuff in your life is only small things that can be easily fixed. I will be looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Too Sweet for me

The stories that preceded this were providing a feel good overdose, but this latest venture is just too much sweetness and sacharine. I am moving on.

auguy86auguy86about 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks for reading and commenting

Glad to see the interest in this new submission, as well as the interest in my previous series that this chapter has generated. I fully realize that, with several of the other successful long-running series in this section of the website alone, I'm very much the small fish in the ocean. Any who read my work and aren't that interested, I'm totally cool with that, no hard feelings from me whatsoever. Thanks for giving me a shot.

Rei, to answer your concern, the vast majority of the story will be taking place on Earth. You are correct that the scenes set in Heaven are very different and naturally contain an atmosphere with significantly less drama than those on Earth. No spoilers, but I've been having a lot of fun writing the next chapters, so I'm looking forward to posting them. Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Foreshadowing

Took a while for me to get through this chapter, it didn't hold my interest. There are ways to tell a tension-free segment to a story like this, I would imagine by foreshadowing the conflict to come before we even get to heaven. I do like what you did with the genie wars.

auguy86auguy86almost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks for your feedback, anon

I've found that writing the opening chapter is often both extremely easy and extremely difficult in these situations. It's easy in that, I always know where the story is ultimately heading and where it's beginning from, so connections between the two are often very natural. However, it's also very difficult, particularly in a chapter like this one where I'm taking previously established characters and placing them in a new sandbox. Suddenly, I have to explain the nature of that sandbox so that everything in the following chapters will actually make sense. This can present challenges when trying to balance it with keeping the story compelling and interesting. I've gotten quite a few complements on my writing and story telling, but I fully realize that my pacing isn't for everyone. Thanks for making it through the chapter, and I do hope you'll keep reading; the chapters to come have some fantastic twists and turns that I'm particularly proud of. Take care.

-auguy86

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fantasy for sure...

...since after death there is no marriage, let alone copulation:

(Matthew 22:)

28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

To Anonymous (Apr. 2020), my thanks. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed that inconsistency with scripture. That being said, I won't criticize the author for it. Every author I've read who includes any sort of paranormal element (demons, shape shifters, elves, magic, et cetera) in their story adjusts the rules to fit their own creative vision. True, most authors who deal with religious topics do try to stick to the rules as stated in the appropriate scriptures, but this tale mixes religious and paranormal elements, and -- most importantly -- the depictions of the Christian faith are consistent with the fundamental principles found in scripture, so I'm not going to quibble over the details.

Also, that line Jesus has in the last chapter of "An Unforgettable Melody"? The bit about how he's "always been the guy upsetting the status quo around here"? Priceless. Admittedly, the statement is probably more applicable to Jesus' time on Earth, but still ... priceless.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userauguy86@auguy86
Welcome, readers! My name is M.H. Barton, also known as auguy86. I am an author of erotic literature, dabbling mostly in romance and sci-fi/fantasy. I have lived for my entire life in the southern United States, aka "The South." I live here with my fantastic and loving wife, ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES