All Comments on 'A C&W Song in the Key of Life Pt. 01'

by A_Bierce

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
burlysmithburlysmithabout 6 years ago
Great start...

keep it up.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Intriguing

Great teaser. I look forward to the denouement. RIP Hank. Thanks*****

Crazy2WheelerCrazy2Wheelerabout 6 years ago
Good start, keep it comin' regularly

A little smoother might be good also, read through and re-read or an editor would up your game.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
So

Why was he in a room with another woman. Out of 600+ stories I've read on here I've never been completely lost on what the hell is happening.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Too short

Not enough here but interested.

Will wait to rate until I know more.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 6 years ago
4

Good start that grabbed out attention .... now who is this dastardly Rob ???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
ok so far but......

instead of a" shouting match" when he got back from the hotel he could have "shouted "out what he wanted to tell her..or in open court read a statement or tell her bff what really happend...but then we would'nt have a story..hows he gona get over her fuckin the owner of the Lexus....more pls...stlcris

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 6 years ago
Looking forward

First let me say it was nice to read something that didn't start out as a cuckold story. You stated she was still standing by the side of Plano Parkway as he drove away which would mean something he said had clicked in her mind but she was driving someone Else's car.I hope in chapter 2 we find that she had a come to Jesus moment. Would we be right in believing that the car she was driving belonged to the lying son-of-a-bitch who killed our marriage instead?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 6 years ago
There was some pretty good humor in this.

I enjoyed it. You gave us enough clues to know she is driving her boyfriend's car. Her boyfriend may be the guy that destroyed their marriage, if the guy's luck holds. The dog's death and burial was well done. The worst mistake here is giving us half page chapters. That sucks the big one.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 6 years ago
****.*

Chuckle.

Waylon and Willie 👍🏻

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 6 years ago
Good first page

Awaiting the rest before scoring any of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
good intro paragraph when do you start the story

even for a serial this is way to short

gordo12gordo12about 6 years ago
Good start

but needlessly short. If this is ch1 then try to post at least 2-3 pages min per chapter. Anything less sucks.

Like others I hate to start rating a story with so little so far.

leahwwleahwwabout 6 years ago
Love to hear her side of the story...

It appears she is driving her new beau''s Lexus...moving on up...now she may be almost tempted to hear his reason/excuse for being caught with his wick in another woman...and how did she find out?.. Who set him up to move in on her? Just asking..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not a story yet. No score.

Not a story yet. No score.

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggabout 6 years ago
Good one

but I sure would like to know what really happened in that room.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
That set the scene nicely

And the glossary of terms set the tone for that which followed.

Unlike others who have complained about the short length of this episode, I like serials. It takes me back to my childhood Saturday afternoons at the local movie matinee. AB, please bring on more cliff-hangers.

I did like the whimsical writing style. May it continue.

And thanks for the informative Story Tags. Apart from the things like 'failure to communicate' describing nicely the situation with the ex-wife, 'bad friend' and 'fake sex' provide a couple of teasers as to what may follow. (Although 'fake' sex does sound a bit improbable.)

Going well.

Lue

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 6 years agoAuthor
Geez Louise folks (author/perp here)

It's a five-page story, all five have been submitted. Being of limited mental acuity, I couldn't figure out how to submit all five pages at once without giving up control over page breaks. Mea culpa. I welcome any seasoned veteran's (or veterans') attempt to edumacate me.

One other matter: I counted words in a couple of dozen stories (using the tedious method of copying the page into MIcrosoft Word) and determined that the typical length (notice choice of mealy-mouthed term "typical" rather than the more precise "average"—well, to justify "precise" I suppose I should say "mean", "median", or "mode"—to avoid implying that I did any statistically valid calculations) of a Literotica page is 3000-3500 words. I realize that the sample may have been too small, and would further welcome any elucidation about a better (preferable, superior) length.

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 6 years ago
Good first

Page or so. Not quite a chapter, but good enough for a 4*.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 6 years ago
Why would you feel the need to control page breaks?

I never realized that it mattered to anyone. Please explain that desire. You may have a good idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

So I’m guess she’s WITH Rob now and it was all a setup?

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
I like page breaks too, HDK

I also like line lengths and paragraph spacing. It's one of those little foibles possessed of we with tidy minds. I always have the feeling that, as an author, I control the flow of the story that way.

But I'm also a card-carrying pedant with regard to spelling and grammar. As I said, tidy mind.

I have said before HDK, and I think that you may have also said something similar, that on a free site like Literotica an author writes for her/him self and if the readers happen to like it and say so, that's a bonus. So we'll allow AB his little foibles as well, shall we?

Lue

Ps: On the previous iteration of the site, it was possible for the author to see the final format with page spacing etc. When I made my most recent story submission, this feature was gone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
OK

Now I am curious...pretty good set up...so let's see the next chapter.

"Buckeye Fan"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

So far so good. You've got the hook in let's see if you can reel me in.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Page Breaks?

Why worry about page breaks? Put the whole story in one document, put chapter headings or whatever where you want a break in the action, and submit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Damnit, I need to know what happened next! You've got me hooked!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Classic! Fun start, so please continue

So far, a pleasure to read. I'm interested in how Tom and Shelley were manipulated. I'm interested in how Tom's friends support him. I want to know how Shelley has lived after leaving Tom. Great start...Given the GMC love, I guess he won't be drivin' a hot rod Lincoln across the miles and miles of Texas. Thanks for this effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Okay! interesting start

Too short and I hope you have a part 2 ready,if we have to wait for weeks your story gets forgotten

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
You can add blank lines . . .

. . . using the code & n b s p ; but without the spaces won’t produce actual page breaks, but it does give the readers some help.

This was a fun story, but remember one thing: yes, GM makes pickups, but Ford builds trucks!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years ago
I am as you are, HDK

I am a writer, not a typesetter. I am not designing pages to "look" like anything other than a page covered with words. No one cares where the page breaks. You type to the end of the page and another pops up on which to type.

You read to the end of the page and there is this magic button there labeled, "next." You click on it and go to page two, or alternately, you can click on the numeral 2 down there. Almost all of us know how to do it. I have posted stories as long as 22 pages, and as short as one. I have never felt a single inclination to control where the page ended, or to make a 22, 19, 15, nine or eight page story into chapters. I posted a one chapter, 22 page story last week. Not one person has complained about the length or that my pages break awkwardly. I don't get it, either.

rnebularrnebularabout 6 years ago
Pages and chapters

I don't normally like serials (at this length), if they are submitted several weeks apart. You have already stated that you have all 5 submitted, so I will patiently wait for the rest. I like what I've read so far, and really do enjoy the humor. Poor Hank...

Side note, I roughly estimate that every literotica "page" is about 8 typed pages in MS Word, based solely on reviewing my own submissions against the source Word docs. Hope that helps!

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
I'm in

Deal me the next card. I'm all in for your series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
More please

Like salted peanuts. Always need one more.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Randi, dear Randi, have you no soul?

Have you not watched 'The Post' movie? Didn't your heart skip a beat when the linotype was set and everybody was on tenterhooks waiting and hoping? Then the command came, the button was pushed and the big press started rolling.

Now the typesetter is gone, and even the subeditor as well. Page layouts are a shambles. Spelling mistakes abound. Apostrophes appear in plurals randomly. Line lengths are all over the place.

And they call this progress. It's a small thing, but surely Literotica authors should be granted the right to select their own page breaks?

Ah well,

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

That's it? Not enough to get into and why break it up if it's all written? Submit the WHOLE thing as a story, if its broken into one page chapters, seem like a waste of time.

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingabout 6 years ago
Submitting a completed story

In less than one Lit page increments is incredibly irritating. Story seems off to a good start but the interval between tiny little parts detracts from the story.

rightbankrightbankabout 6 years ago
So many missing details

It's impossible to know what's happening, not even enough to guess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
RIP Hank

"If there aren't any dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they are."- Will Rogers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good...

...Story Opener. Love most of your favourites list. 4+

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 6 years ago
Had those WTF days

Liked your story. Ya those Georgia Mountain Climbers are good till they puke on ya.

I was laughing my ass off after I got past Hank, looking in as a spectator at how really shitty life can get in one day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Its a ripoff. The suspense is not in the story, its in the Page Breaks!!

The story is just another stupid "Oh I didn' t know. Well you wouildn't let me explain. Well, I was too mad to listen, and then I was too stupid to wonder why you did that. Yeah, and then I got mad that you wouldn't let me explain so I decided not to explain either. . . " Yadda, yadda, yadda.

The story is a complete fraud. She ditches her husband in one moment of misunderstanding, due to a setup by a psychopath, which psychopath she proceeds to fall in love with and start fucking and move in with!

Read it and weep. The author and his Rob character have very similar personality traits.

kimi1990kimi1990about 6 years ago
Wow!

Looks like some pissed off annie who knows how to make anonymous comments, I wonder who, went off on you, there, dude. Don't let that deter you. That's just the price of posting here. You have decent scores, most people seem to like your work, and I like the parts I've read. Please keep posting.

I think you have two deeply flawed characters going, and I hope they grow and work it out, or come to an amicable parting. It looks like you're putting them back together, and I like that ending as well as any other. Better than most.

Yes, the tiny chapters was a mistake, but you can write! Keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good start to the story...

Very intriguing, good pace and good flow to your story, but damn...driving an f’n cheby. You ain’t right in the head, man. A Ford wouldn’t have left you stranded...this brings back memories of driving my mother-in-laws f’n Buick...that damn car left us stranded so many times that triple a refused to come get us...but that’s another story.

5 Stars!

TatankaBillTatankaBillabout 6 years ago
Outfuckingstanding!

This is just plain fun to read. By the way, I do Fords and Apple but copy on the stable genius. Ferchrissakes keep writing. This is really good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yep his truck lives up to it's name.

Got Mechanic Coming

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good start to the story. Don’t have a problem with the length. Just click on next chapter

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous