All Comments on 'A Change of Direction'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
jenorma2012jenorma2012over 6 years ago
Great story

The way you build up your story's is the best I have ever read, keep up the great writing and hope to read another story from you soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

One of your best!

MaonaighMaonaighover 6 years ago
Longer than usual

This story's a bit longer than your usual offerings, Anne, and I think the better for it, going for the slow burn as it does. Very enjoyable tale.

JonTorLangJonTorLangover 6 years ago
Always a Pleasure

It’s always a pleasure to read Ann’s stories. Taking the time to develop the back story and the characters, she draws one into the story as if one were actually there. The people and scenarios are believable and real. Keep up the great work!

RastanuraRastanuraover 6 years ago
Again

Once again you have given much pleasure. Your character development and skill in weaving them together with the story leaves nothing to be desired. If you don't write for a living, you should. Thank you.

MICHAELG1963MICHAELG1963over 6 years ago
amazing

Your stories are all so perfectly written, an eye for the details, but still with enough story behind them that you have to keep reading. This one was certainly one of my favorites for sure. Loved it

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago

Great story yet again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
As always

Dear Ann , you should go pro, read it to my 73 year old wife and she came like hell

tallman441tallman441over 6 years ago
Another good story

Ann,

I have been reading your stories now for the last two weeks. I have simply enjoyed them very much. You character development is excellent. I look forward to reading more your work.

SWT3SWT3about 6 years ago
A romantic tale

This is the first of your stories(which I have read) that really explores romance. It is so sweet. From the back and forth of the events leading up to the weekend at the resort to the sweet nothings expressed between our lovely ladies, the story is so intimate and tender.

Submarine races; it is a long time since I have heard that term. Oh, the memories that it creates

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just an observation, if I may?

This is the second of your stories that I've read, and if I might offer a word of criticism - and, of course, appreciation - I've found that your language is often a bit turgid, especially given the nature of the subject matter ...and the circumstances in which it occurs.

As your characters/participants/lovers begin to lose control of their senses and emotions, the norms of written speech should perhaps slip with them, in order to better convey those feelings and the atmosphere in which they occur, which also serves then to more powerfully draw the reader into their environment and feelings as well.

One of the things I've most responded to in your writing is its obviously sophisticated sensuality, but sometimes, and especially in certain moments (in my view), it can become a distraction.

Thank you again for a pleasant read.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 4 years ago
Love story

What a love story, and the sex was good also. Great work!

chrissycamorechrissycamoreover 4 years ago
chapter 2?

Would love to have a chapter 2 to this story. Great writing as always. Chris

Mike9947Mike9947over 3 years ago

Maybe the best, most intimate, sexiest story on lit. Amazing. Thank you Ann,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Delightful! Erotic! Your writing puts the reader in the middle of the action! Very well done!

JaneDWaltonJaneDWaltonover 2 years ago

first off.... I am so glad to find that you are still writing. Back in the 90's I used to search out your stories on the internet. Then life and such took over my time and I lost track of the stories. Now that things have slowed down (Kids all gone and I lost my hubby) I am glad to have found these here. You do have a way of building up the passion in your writing in a way that really hits home with me.

Please excuse me as I pick the next one I want to read ... and Thank For using your talent.

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

Very erotic, exceptional story telling, and a great climax to the end of the story. Bravo!

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

good show! thanks! 5

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 2 years ago

Very sweet romamce ..... Lovely written

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ€πŸ’‹

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 2 years ago

You are plainly a very fine writer, verging on superior. In the spirit of constructive criticism (which you claim to welcome), let me offer two bits of feedback.

A prior commentator voiced her view that your prose sometimes lapses into the turgid. I agree. Consider: "Each wave of delight that they shared was more forceful than the last, washing against the periphery until finally the surge was enough to shatter the shoals, flooding both bodies with the rapids of their orgasms." I give you credit for not mixing metaphors, but you've extended your aquatic metaphor beyond the breaking point. In the end it came across to me as a self-parody.

Frojm the standpoint of the nuts-and-bolts mechanics of your craftsmanship, you would improve your chances of entering the first rank of authors if you spent an hour or two giving yourself a tutorial on the difference between transitive and intransitive verbs. "Lie" (lie/lay/lain) and "rise" (rise/rose/risen) are intransitive. "Lay" (lay/laid/laid) and "raise" (raise/raised/raised) are transitive, If there is a direct object, a transitive verb is called for. "I laid my head on the pillow." "Mom laid down the law." "I raised my left arm." If no direct object is in the picture, it's intrasitive. "We lay down on the bed." "She rose from the bath."

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Nice story would have love to see how the nosy body handle isabelle coming out

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

I am greatly impressed by your story telling skills. However there is room for improvement as others have pointed out, so I won't repeat them.

I have commented elsewhere regarding my love of lesbian eroticism.

S9808S9808about 1 year ago

What a good story, full of emotion, love and feeling. I might just have to try another story. a good five star rating.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...