All Comments on 'A Change of Perspective Ch. 02'

by VCHeysham

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
SERIOUSLY ?

Keep it on the path.

canndcanndover 10 years ago

Love it....really speaks to them meeting and passing in the night literally...you want them to get to know each other better. I like how you didn't make it that they slept together right away. It wouldn't have followed along with Si's personality. Enjoying it alot.

I haven't read Guitars so I don't know what their chances are but I kinda want it to work for them.

who is his father that the idea of him being in the paper is such a big deal? Is it just expectations he feels dad has or is it that he could stand to embarrass him?

VCHeyshamVCHeyshamover 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks cannd :-)

When I wrote the tv comment I was thinking that Simon's dad might be comparing his son to other, more 'normal', hell-raising sports stars, and be a little concerned that Simon's not having as much fun as he could/should be. He really only wants Si to be happy.

TimothyMTimothyMover 10 years ago
sweet but sad

hopefully they'll met again, but I wonder that Simon is not more worried about keeping his sexuality secret. After all, cycling is not a sport that seems to tolerate homosexuality. Can you name any openly gay prof cyclists ?

VCHeyshamVCHeyshamover 10 years agoAuthor
Hi Timothy

Is this the wrong place to say that I really like your work? :-)

To answer your question, no, I don't know of any openly gay cyclists - although cycling doesn't seem to be a noticeably homophobic sport. I'd like to think that Simon's peleton would be largely unfazed - and I guess someone's always got to be the first...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous