A Change of Perspective Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gil sits down close to Simon - too close for my liking, even though I know they're not together. He smiles at me as if we're old buddies. "It's good to see you again. Did you have a nice afternoon?"

His friendliness is disarming. "Uh, yeah, thanks. You?"

"Oh, you know, the usual. Explaining to anyone who asked that Si was horrendously hungover, fending off all the offers of help, checking occasionally that he hadn't choked to death in his sleep, stopping Mike from going up when Si didn't come down for dinner..." He turns to Simon. "I've a feeling you're in for a bollocking later. Mike was muttering about 'appropriate behaviour'."

Simon grins, unconcerned. "So you thought you'd better come and fetch me. Does Mike know you're here now?"

"Do me a favour, of course not. One of the night porters snuck me out of a back door - as long as we're back by half past we'll be fine."

We all look at the clock and the mood evaporates. Simon stands up, and Gil clears his throat. "I'll wait outside. You've got five minutes before I head up without you." He holds out his hand to me. I shake it, feeling very strongly that he's assessing me. I wonder if I pass muster. For a moment I think he's going to say something, but in the end he just nods at me.

After Gil's gone I lead Simon out to the beer garden. It's cold and dark, but it's quiet and we can say goodbye privately. For all the talk of Spain and Skype, I really don't know if I'll ever see him again.

He takes my hand. "I'll be busy, but I will email you. I promise."

"If you don't, I'm selling my story to the papers."

He laughs, knowing I'm teasing. "It was worth it. Just make sure you tell them how well-hung I am."

I'm laughing too, although it feels perilously close to tears when he kisses me. Finally he steps back and sighs. "I'd best go."

"Yeah." Silently we head back into the pub and I hold the front door open for him. Gil's pacing, but he doesn't hurry us. "It's been fun."

Simon smiles. "Yes, it has. Thanks."

I nod, not sure what else to say, and then he turns to join Gil. I watch them walk away until they vanish into the shadows, and I can't even pretend I can see him any more.

12