All Comments on 'A Dark and Stormy Night'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sweet... endearing

I loved the imagery. Would have loved more though. Otherwise, a good story.

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 5 years ago
not bad

A yes their friend will indeed change, but the only thing in how it changes for the better or worse it will be up to them

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good to have you back

Great story

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 5 years ago

I love all your stories this one is no exception.

MaonaighMaonaighover 5 years ago
Welcome back

Welcome back, Anne, and welcome to another of your enjoyable short stories. All I can add is that Edward Bulwer-Lytton's Dark and Stormy Night wasn't a patch on this one. Oh yes, and I'd have locked my expensive vintage wine away and left the girls with cheap plonk!

Ann DouglasAnn Douglasover 5 years agoAuthor

I'm afraid I never heard of Edward Bulwer-Lytton. I was inspired to use the title by Snoopy of "Peanuts" fame. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

i adored this story , thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Big Fan, But...

...not one of your best efforts. It's like the whole thing was an exercise in working towards those last five words.

(But I'll still give you 4 stars)

Elaphe223Elaphe223over 5 years ago
Loved It

As I've loved all your stories, loved this one as well.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 5 years ago
Loved it!

Great story, I totally enjoyed it, and I've been missing your writing a lot. Thank you for sharing this, and your other stories, with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Will you write more stories like this?

TSreaderTSreaderover 5 years ago
Your stories are always amazing!

And this is no exception! Thank you for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a night!

That was a great story! It is worthy of a continuation of the girls friendship and how it goes from there...a sequel no doubt! (an avid reader of literoctica). hmarcus2415@hotmail.com keep putting out your stories.

will281will281over 4 years ago
Wonderful Story

As an avid admirer, it is always a pleasure to read your stories. Although it was short, I could easily relate to the characters because of your excellent character-development without over doing the build-up.

For your information, and that of your followers, the phrase "a dark and stormy night" is originally attributed to Washington Irving. According to Wikipedia, it appears in his 1809 work, "The History of New York."

It didn't appear in Edward Bulwer-Lytton's novel (Paul Clifford) until 1830.

Incidentally, my Google search of the phrase turned up the Peanuts cartoon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another great story!

Ever think about adding chapters to this beautiful love story?

Only_connectOnly_connectover 3 years ago

Not a great fan of vocabulary like "love canal"... but other than that, a very sweet, positive and nicely-told story.

fran969fran969about 3 years ago

After a very slow build up the action finally started...AAAA+++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As always excellent, please keep writing. Richard L

B0bbyshaft0B0bbyshaft0over 2 years ago

Brilliant exposition of a long relationship and the sexual act described by a woman was truly riveting.

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonover 2 years ago

Good story Ms. Lytton.

O2O2over 2 years ago

Another nice one.

clearcreekclearcreekabout 2 years ago

well written. just last night we had lightning and thunder, which i always enjoy. 5

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

Everlasting love ..... Hopefully, after a long get together ..... Marvelous

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀💋

VincepetroneVincepetrone10 months ago

Ahhhhh yes . “ It was a dark and stormy night” The beginning of Snoopy’s story. I think he would be happy that you finished the tale. LOL. Lovely story line. Pleasure to read . Looking forward to reading your portfolio.

UncertainTUncertainT9 months ago

Outstanding. I imagine that it is very difficult for two people who have developed apart to come back to the simplicity of their earlier love. On the other hand what the hell do I know.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...