A Dark Night with a Dark Stranger Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"A kindness would be to untie me and let me go," Bell said.

"I can use this," he said, now leaning closer and admiring the blade in his hand. "In one fast motion it will all be over; no more senseless attacks, no more watching your friends die, no more pain."

"It's not my fault that I am stuck in this crazy love triangle between Kiara, Ragon and you," Bell said angrily,

"I know," he purred, "but the heart wants, what the heart wants. I would do anything for her," he said advancing on her, the blade raised, "I will do anything for her."

His eyes were suddenly alight.

"Perhaps in the afterlife you two will be together, but there is no place for a vampire and whatever the hell you are, in this world," he said, "there is a reason why people are hunting you, the union is unnatural."

Bell blinked; perhaps Sameth was right? Not about killing her, but about her and Ragon being together. If she were a vampire then she would have been able to defend herself against him; and if Ragon were a mortal none of this would be happening in the first place.

"Close your eyes," Sameth said.

Bell did not, but kept her eyes plastered on the knife in his hand.

"It won't do any well to watch" Sameth said, "I have died once."

Bell considered this. If she was about to die, did she really want to watch him kill her? In defeat she closed her eyes, and the last tears were forced free. Sameth whispered something when her eyes were finally shut, but it was too quiet for her to hear, though she thought it sounded like 'I'm sorry.' Suddenly there was a whoosh of air against her face, and Bell felt the knife stab deep into her stomach. At first she felt nothing, but when she looked down at the blood escaping from her body, a sudden throbbing sensation radiated from the wound and she screamed out in pain. As the blade dug deeper she felt her nerves respond, screaming at her, as wave after wave of unbearable agony overtook all her senses. Before the panic could set in, she felt the room around her fade, and then a dull numbness overtook her, until she couldn't feel anything anymore.

"No!" a voice screamed from the darkness.

Bell heard the noise as if it were from very far away. Then suddenly a new pain grasped her as she was knocked to the ground and fell heavily to the floor. Slowly and painfully she began to open her eyes and saw: Clyde? He was standing in front of her, having knocked Sameth away. A sudden clatter on the floor next to her signified the knife falling to the ground. The noise reverberated off the walls, pinging through her ear drums. Sameth was crouched low now, one hand in front of him. He snarled at Clyde, revolted at his interruption but before he could spring, Clyde attacked again. Sameth fell hard against the sand stone, and Clyde jumped on him, tearing at his flesh with his fangs, while punching with his fists, his rage fuelling his immortal abilities. Sameth's body began to crumple, and he fell heavily to the ground. Sameth screamed loudly, and Bell tried not to watch as she saw Clyde mercilessly reached down to Sameth and pull hard at his head, severing it from his body.

Bell was breathing fast now as the adrenaline pumped through her body.

"Cl... Clyde?" she stammered.

Clyde stared for a moment at what he had done. Sameth's head was still in his hands, but at Bell's words he turned and dropped it to the floor. His hands and face were smeared in thick red blood, while his white cotton shirt was completely soaked in it.

"Bell," Clyde said, reaching down to her and staring at her stomach, where a dark red spot continued to get larger and larger.

In an instant Clyde broke the binds around her wrists and ankles. The tight ropes quickly fell away, as though they were no more than cobwebs. Bell went to reach for her wound, but she suddenly went white, and fell back down to the ground. In an instant Clyde reached his hand under her head, preventing it from falling back onto the hard stone below. With her head in his hand, Clyde watched as her eyes fixed on his face, but then went dull and empty, as she fell unconscious. Quickly tearing her shirt, he surveyed the deep penetrating hole; it was bad. He didn't pause, but swiftly lifted her into his arms. As he ran back to his car, he cradled Bell, pressing one hand firmly against her stomach, trying desperately to slow the bleeding. He felt the sickening squish as his hand pressed against the broken flesh, digging deep into her belly, and Bell jerked in his hands, but remained unconscious.

"You're going to be ok," Clyde said, blurring through the cemetery as he felt her heart falter. "You have to be..."

EPILOGUE

"Ragon?" Clyde said into the phone receiver.

It hadn't taken him long to carry Bell from the cemetery and to reach his car, but those few moments had been enough for her to loose allot of blood. Once inside his car, he had sped away quickly, desperate to get to the hospital as fast as possible. Now, as he drove, he phoned Ragon.

"It's Bell," Clyde said into the phone that was wedged between his shoulder and ear.

He looked down at her, his eyes drawn to the thick dark blood that was seeping from the hole in her stomach.

"Sameth... he attacked her," Clyde said.

He was driving as fast as he could; one hand was on the wheel, and the other still pressed firm to Bell's stomach, trying to slow the bleeding, all the while listening intently for Bell's beating heart.

"I can't put her on," Clyde said, his foot pressing down further onto the accelerator, as her pulse became thready.

"It's pretty bad," he said, "she's lost a lot of blood, and... and I can feel her heart slowing. I'm about five minutes away from the hospital."

"Wait," Clyde yelled into the phone.

For a few moments Clyde listened carefully, continuing to differentiate between the sound of Bell's heart, the traffic, and the silence at the other end of the line. Finally Ragon spoke again, and Clyde took a deep breath.

"What if she can't make it to the hospital?" Clyde asked.

"You know what I mean," Clyde spat.

The moment he had voiced his concern a long silence followed. He could still hear Ragon's fast breathing and so waited.

"Fine," Clyde said, hanging up quickly and glancing down at Bell again.

He didn't know why he cared for this mortal so much. Nor did he know why he was so desperate to save her. There was something special about her, something that drew him to her; she reminded him of an old love, one that he had been unable to save. He knew that Ragon hated being a vampire, hated everything that they stood for; but how could he honestly think that the alternative was better? He took one quick look down at Bell, drawing similarities from her lifeless face and comparing it to a face he missed more than anything else in this world. Suddenly he heard her heart begin to churn and strain to continue to pump blood around her body. Instantly he began rolling up his sleeve; he would not make the same mistake twice; there was no way he was going to let her die...

******************

********************************

To all my wonderful readers I hope you have enjoyed book one as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I have received plenty of feedback and comments asking where this chapter was and I'm sorry that it has taken so long. BUT the reason for this is because I have been frantically writing book 2 & book 3. Please let me know what you have thought of this to be continued story of Ragon & Bell. I love your comments....good and bad....oh and please don't forget to vote!! thanks!

12