A Day's Work

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers

"Major Kai Espiritu," I called out his name, "you will have a chance to do that. All of us will have a chance to fight them."

"Colonel, what tactics do they employ?" asked Major Kalandro Digma the commander of the First Battalion Combat Team (Kalagiman).

"Guerilla tactics desert style," I answered.

"Same thing that the Islamic rebels back home employs, right Colonel?" Major Abner Espinosa commander of the Third Battalion Combat Team (Hazier) added.

"That's right Major Espinosa," I replied and carried on with the topic in mind, "The tactics we will employ here will be the same that we have learned in the Panther Regiment, except this will be done in the terrain of the Middle East."

"You stated the obvious sir," commented Arthurius Buwan the Artillery (Caliber) Commander.

"Sir what will be the exact role of the reserves besides conducting convoy protection for the supply transports?" asked Major Kenshiro Dima'uga the Headquarters Battalion Commander and the overall commander of the Reserve Combat Group (Shaider).

"Simple, be there as an emergency force in case our hands gets tied up," I answered Ken, "Besides you of all battalion commanders are more talented in improvising a normal transport vehicle into a deadly combat vehicle and manage to use them effectively against the enemies."

"Well I don't know about that sir," Ken scratched his head, "all I know is to think of a solution than adding into the problem."

Every officer present chuckled, they knew his exploits of being creative and sending something effective to support the over worked and fatigued men on the field. Time and time again Major Kenshiro Dima'uga has saved the regiment with a timely arrival of his reserve forces and his makeshift but effective combat vehicles from total destruction.

"The first thing we will do is break out from the port and with all possible speed, arrive at the designated operations area. Start up the patrols by Task Force, seek out the enemy, destroy it, and keep doing it until they feel the pressure," I instructed the officers. "Battalion Commanders, all of you need to be mobile and never set up a permanent headquarters for the enemy to target and hit. We need to be fast, swift, and stealthy. The element of surprise will be our ally in this campaign. Is there any questions?"

I gazed my eyes from side to side waiting for anyone to ask anything in regard of this operation, there was none.

"All right gentlemen, one more thing make sure that one task force per battalion shall be held in reserve to rest. The Templar Combat Battalion will break out of this port and start to secure the safety of this area along with the Headquarters and supply depot area. That means you are in command of the battalion if I am not present, Major Rolando Katapatan," I added.

"Don't worry Colonel," coyly stated Major Rolando Katapatan executive officer of the Templar Combat Battalion and the commander of the Marangal Task Force, "This task is considered complete."

I nodded at my executive officer.

"Dismiss and you all know what to do."

The officers stood up and saluted.

"Yes sir, you can count on us Colonel!"

I returned their salute and headed prepared myself to command the Templar Combat Battalion but for now I am leaving it to my Task Force Commanders of the Templar Combat Battalion to secure the area around our supply depot. The officers exited my operations command combat truck to rejoin their unit. This contract is finally on the way and soon our foes will taste the tenacity of the Rim-Cats. Now I wanted to return in my hotel suite and enjoy at least a few days of living in luxury before fighting once again.

"Good evening," I greeted her.

Hyatt Regency Hotel, Ar'Raq City

Finally, I have arrived at the hotel at 8 p.m. I was surprised to see Sara Ibrahim waiting for me at the lobby.

"Good evening to you too Marc," she replied with a sweet smile on her face.

"What you been up to Sara?" I asked returning her smile with my own.

"I heard what happened on the port and thought if you're ok Marc," she replied with sincerity in her voice.

"I am ok Sara," I assured her, "the plan back fired on them."

She hugged me tightly as her tears began to trickle from her beautiful greenish blue eyes to her soft, smooth, and lovely cheeks.

"I thought one of our traitors had you Marc."

I wrapped my hands around her body, hugging her tightly, and my mouth found hers as I planted a passionate kiss on her lovely lips.

"I am fine honestly Sara," I reassured her, "Do you want to have dinner with me?"

She quizzically looked at me not knowing what to answer.

"I'm starving, come on let's get some dinner," I grabbed her hand and led her into the hotel's restaurant.

She smiled and finally her eyes glittered with happiness and content. Peoples eyes are upon us, yet we carried on the dinner without a care, what was important for me at that moment is her happiness, Sara's cute smile, her laughter, and most of all, her company.

"Why won't you spend the night with me Sara?"

She gave me her uncertain and yet a very cute look, my mind was racing and I have overlapped the fact that she will be working the next day and that she will be busy. There is no amends for the stupidity of my question.

"Ok I will Marc," she replied with a beautiful smile, "But I got to warn you. I have to be at work at 9 a.m."

"Alright, that would work," I nodded.

I paid the bills with my credit card, signed the receipt, gently held her hand, and led her out of the restaurant to the lobby where the elevators are at. I thumb the button, as the door opened, both of us walked in. With my index finger I have pushed the penthouse suite on top of the hotel and gazed into her eyes, a smile formed as the elevator door closed.

"How was your day Sara?"

"It was ok," she answered, "another usual day at work. You know the paper works, setting appointments for the Defense Minister, and delivering documents to be mailed out to the other departments within the government."

"Fun work," I teased at her with a wide grin.

"Hardly, more like a chore and very boring but worthwhile chores."

On the fifth floor our elevator car stopped and a middle aged woman who is a house keeper entered, we smiled and watched the floor numbers lighting up. The house keeper left us at the tenth floor, two more floors and finally the penthouse suite can be reached.

"Tell me something Sara," I looked into her eyes with the same seriousness as I give to my clients and my men, "do you have any idea who could be the traitors among your government?"

"I have a few ideas who those traitors are Marc."

"Can you possibly hand me any information of who they could be and where they may be staying at?"

"Marc, that is a serious task you're asking me," she replied knowing that it is forbidden to take any government files out of the office without any proper authorization.

"Sara, I wouldn't ask you this if it is not needed," I explained.

"Yes Marc I can get you the information you need tomorrow."

"Good," I nodded at her as the door opened, "Ah here we are."

We stepped out of the elevator and with my key card, slide the card to above the door knob, opening the door I ushered Sara inside the penthouse suite.

"You mercenaries really live in style," she commented looking around the marvelous suite.

"Not necessarily," I replied, "During a contract none of us live with such comfort for months at a time. The only way that a mercenary can live in luxury is either during a 30 day leave or when the contract has been fulfilled."

"Oh I see," she turned as I shut the door, "I guess that is a fair reward for living a dangerous life."

"Just reaping the fruits of our work that's all," our eyes locked to each other as she moved closer to me, "In a few days I will be joining my men on executing this contract."

"Tell me Marc, what makes you and your men different from the other mercenary groups out there?"

"What do you think Sara?" I replied.

TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers
12