All Comments on 'A Diary for Two Ch. 01'

by AliceKitty

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

My god this was brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
watch anime?

ranma1/2 story of boy who falls in pond of dead girl. cold water he becomes a girl hot water back to normal....his dad fell in the pond of the dead panda figure it out from there.....lol

gumby42gumby42over 9 years ago
ranma

I also thought of Ranma 1/2

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great stuff!

Really amazingly well written so far (I just finished part 3) not done 4 yet. The Ranma connection is obvious but it is great to see someone examining the scenario in a serious "what if?" way. How would Eric react? how would his friends react? Given the initial description of the ribbing jovial relationship between Eric and Henry, Henry's reactions seem spot on with the deliberate mickey taking. I particularly liked the description of Eric's self conciousness in the lectures and how strange he found people randomly trying to talk to him. There are also a lot of other very subtle points made by the author that I found really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how things pan out moving forward, especially how Amy will react to the situation.

Right now I think this kind of fiction is so relevant as a lot of people are starting to open their minds to questions as to the true nature of gender and what it means and does not mean to be one sex or the other. Especially how much of this is real, and how much is merely programmed by societal influence.

Moving forward, I'd urge the author to continue to show their work the respect it so clearly deserves and try, if possible, to steer clear of "cheap thrills" so to speak. Criticism wise, I wasn't totally sure about the "I know shop fu" scene. I'm not convinced anyone would suddenly be "good" at shopping simply through a gender switch. That said though I could well imagine a guy getting quite interested in the range of possibilities opening up clothing wise, some time after the initial shock had worn off. It wouldn't be instant though. Aside from that, stuff about unusual underwear, isn't really necessary and smacks too much of cheaper fics. This could be hinting at where the author wants to go with the story though and what angle they are planning to take. It is anyone's guess really how much a sudden gender switch would have on a person's personality if it were possible. I'd ideally like to think there would be little to no immediate change aside from any scientifically proven effects of different hormone substances (in the same way drugs can effect personality) but who knows.

Anyhow, in all, keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing how the story pans out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Noticed a mistake on second read through

“As I stood up, shaking, I saw someone other than myself in the small mirror atop my *washbasin*. All I could see was her blond almond shaped face as she stared at me with surprise and horror in her deep blue eyes. I saw her, as if in slow motion, as she opened her mouth and started shrieking at the top of her voice.

I was in shock, staring unbelieving at the female face in the mirror, as I screamed and screamed and screamed. As I ran out of breath, I suddenly heard the sound of Henry pounding at my *bedroom door*.”

I've added emphasis to the relevant clashing parts of the quote. Great work on this, by the way.

AliceKittyAliceKittyover 7 years agoAuthor
Ermmm... Been a while.

Hello,

To those who read or will read to the end...

I apologise for not ending this story. The truth is that I ran out of ideas, and forcing out new ones becomes a real chore. I came back to it a while ago, but I had time restraints and the ending always lacked fluidity, so I gave up.

I may (no guarantees) eventually come back to it to finish it off (originally meant to be 10 to 12 chapters in this story), but I refuse to do it until I have a satisfying ending.

I was recently inspired by a few of experiences I had with VR headsets (not an owner) to write about an adult VR world/game in the "near" future, called E.M.M.A. While I'm not trying to advertise it, as it doesn't target the same readers as this story, I think it just might help me regain my love of writing and come back to this one.

I have planned the plot well in advance, and am doing my research (for once) on sims like second life, MMOs like WoW or Runescape, and some lore of medieval fantasy worlds (yes it is broad). I also take note of certain anime about the genre, like SAO and log horizon, although I do plan on differentiating myself from them.

Anyway, I apologise again for leaving this story for so long. I know anyone can find better stories with proper endings in the same genre. But I will do better next time.

Love,

Alice.

P.S: the first two chapters of E.M.M.A will come out in the next few days, although I will probably write the others at a slower pace so as not to burn out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
dumb

really fucking dumb

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
This is a Clever Idea

I like it, think I'll read the rest of the chapters. I like that he can switch back and forth. I wonder whose wish he got?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Last chaper from 2015... just stopped writting.

Yes, interesting idea, but totally unfinished story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Can we expect any more chapters?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Please there be more chapters. It left a strong need for satisfaction.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous