All Comments on 'A Dragon's Slave Ch. 01'

by GyldenGlor

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Dragon Anatomy question

How do you accommodate her wings when you cuddle?

MaiaOMaiaOabout 10 years ago
Comment for comment...

I think from the no of favourites you've received that you know people like your story, but in regards to your comment, keep things sensual. Literotca is not porn. I really liked your pacing, mix of moods and sensual descriptions.

mavir9mavir9about 10 years ago
Great Story

I like where this is going. Can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Quality Is Worth Worrying About

"I'm writing this for a website that centers around literary porn." And then you post it to a site that seeks to focus on *literate* porn. :-P Good writing is never a waste of effort; it shows that you care about the story and the characters, draws the reader into doing likewise, and makes you stand head and shoulders above the "99% of everything that is crud," to paraphrase Mr. Sturgeon. Your writing here does have a few stylistic warts; nonetheless I'm giving you 5/5. Keep up the effort!

GyldenGlorGyldenGlorabout 10 years agoAuthor
Response to comments

Anonymous:

I agree, good effort is never wasted, and I must admit that a joking tone is really hard to portray in something like this.

If I made a chapter that were absolute crap, I would delete it and start over. I do have standards for myself, and while I tend not to proof read due to a lack of motivation to do so (which I admit is a severe drawback to my own character as a writer), I always like to ensure that I'm treating my characters and story with respect.

While it might not show, I care greatly for Nightwing and Peter, and writing about them makes me feel whole in a way (one could say it Makes Me Whole Again).

However, I made the mistake of becoming too absorbed in the intricacies of my own fiction, and I found myself losing focus of what really mattered (such as my schoolwork, family, and even dignity). I lost myself to it in what I like to call my "year-long psychosis". As such, I make an effort not to become too involved in my writing anymore, and have also grown as an individual. However, I still care for what I write, and do my best to ensure that it meets my standard for quality. My writing process can last for days, and can even span into months, if I have not found something that I feel is a proper and respectful step in the story's progression.

I thank you for your input, as well as for your generous rating. I hope you find the rest of the series just as enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I must agree with Anon #2, your writing does have a certain quality about it I enjoy, that makes it worth reading for me. Admittedly I come in to a story first looking at grammar and vocabulary, characterization and whatnot second. But if the former is good, the latter tends to be passable at worst. And I can say both the former and latter are far more than passable here.

KotonaruKotonaruover 9 years ago
One thing I just can't get over...

...so, she killed his entire family and, apparently, an entire village...

...but somehow all is well, because she's a *nice* slave driver.

Seriously, what did I miss there? Is this a world where mass murder is considered a minor misdemeanor?

Hungry_ReaderHungry_Readerover 9 years ago

Well there is a lot going on that here that doesn't neseccarily make his family's death ok here, Kotonaru, but might help explain why Peter is not totally devastated about his family's death. First, we'll start with his family. The only family mentioned here was his mother. No father or siblings were mentioned. As Peter is an adult and seems to have had a fair amount of schooling you could safely assume that his mother is a good bit older than him. As this is not modern times but more a late middle ages period it can also be assumed that the life expectancy of people isn't all that high either. You could argue that the elves could be helping with human's healthcare but, as is mentioned in the story, the elves don't like sharing too much of their technology and what can be used to heal can also be used to destroy so they have most likely kept that to themselves as well. As for the wedding ring of Peter's mother, I'd like to point out that she was living with Peter and had her own room. Peter didn't go into his parent's room but specifically his mother's room which strongly suggests that his father died before the dragon attack and she has moved back in with Peter so that she will be taken care of. So basically his only family was nearing death anyways. Second, you shouldn't underestimate the power of sparing someone's life. Peter originally went off seeking to be killed by the dragoness and was fully prepared to die until she decided to give him his life back as her slave. Not even really a slave as he thought, but more of well treated hired help (close enough to that anyways) who will be allowed to travel with a dragon. Basically, he's the best kind of slave out there and has been greatly elevated in social status from that of a simple farmer. Some believe that sparing the life of someone is an excellent way of earning that person's loyalty. Not just this story uses this method of earning loyalty but some better known authors have used this before which really suggests that there could be something to this method. And finally, Peter is getting pussy from a woman/dragoness that he finds very attractive. If you don't know the power of pussy then I suggest looking up what caused the Trojan War. Not to mention, this also makes his position as a slave of a beautiful dragoness all the better.

KRONOS_TITANKRONOS_TITANover 6 years ago
I know I'm late

But this is really good so far.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous