All Comments on 'A Drow's Dilemma Ep. 12: Relaxation'

by DrowsDilemma

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
kuhpa01kuhpa01over 6 years ago
Be Careful Now

This story just gets better and better. It is first rate writing, with excellent scene descriptions and character building. BUT, where is it going?

I had the impression that Ashyr, Drow Ranger, was scouting and infiltrating the Surface city in preparation for an attack by the Drow. She joined the troupe of entertainers so she could slip into the city. And, she was surprised by the Orc attack, thinking it might have been her people coming early.

Then, she encounters her cousin Selene, who apparently is simply looking for her to bring back to the Underdark for her evil brothers to enslave. But, Selene unties her and runs away after she has both Ashyr and Caleldir in her clutches.

And now, Ashyr has gone from Ranger scouting for an attack to a Drow living in exile with True Love blooming between her and a Surface Elf/Faerie.

The plot is both suspenseful and intriguing. Please don't let it go from intriguing to hopelessly confusing.

I eagerly await the next chapter. Many thanks for the entertainment.

DrowsDilemmaDrowsDilemmaover 6 years agoAuthor
A Little Confusion For Now...

Ashyr and Caleldir definitely share your thoughts on the confusing nature of their lives, Kuhpa! For now, it's much easier to focus on their budding relationship rather than the darkness of their lives outside the town. But worry not! Neither of them can avoid learning more about their families and nature in the upcoming episodes. Selene's motivations won't be a mystery forever, either.

Thank you for your feedback, though. I always appreciate comments on Drow's Dilemma! It's interesting to hear what other people think about how things are going!

kvalentinekvalentinealmost 4 years ago
Relateable

I'm really liking this story so far, and this has been my favorite chapter yet. The thing that really hit the right spot for me was realizing that Caleldir and I have a lot in common: we're both quite bookish, idealistic, romantic, don't easily understand under people social contexts (though we both seem to be able to do so with study), have very strong inhibitions about hurting women, and care far more about the pain and injury of those we care about than our own. We both also seem to have a thing for the "bad girls," if his relationship with Ashyr is any indication. It's quite rare for me to find a literary character I can relate to so thoroughly in terms of personality--in fact I think Jane Austen is the only author to have done so before.

This being a D&D story automatically makes it even better in my estimation. Since this is based on a campaign, it's interesting to hypothesize on certain mechanical aspects that aren't entirely obvious, such as what racial template(s) Cal might have.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDrowsDilemma@DrowsDilemma
5/19/2022 Update Due to being absolutely slammed with enormous life changes, A Drow's Dilemma is on Haitus until further notice. While these changes are good and welcome, they leave no time nor mental space to write. We do not plan on leaving the project forever! We hope to b...