A Feel For The Ice Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MugsyB
MugsyB
2,729 Followers

"Good night, Mr. Zimmerman," Riley parroted.

Hayden grinned and sat forward on the couch. "You can call me Hayden, Riley," he told him. "We're buddies, right?"

Riley nodded, a happy smile on his face. Then he hurried over to Hayden and threw his arms around the hockey player. Surprised, Hayden's eyes shot to Anna's face. She smiled at him, feeling her heart tug at the sight of her son embracing the grown man.

"Good night, Hayden," Riley murmured as he hugged his hero. "Thanks for taking me to practice today."

"Thanks for being a good assistant coach," Hayden replied. "Have a good sleep, kiddo."

Riley nodded as he pulled away and smiled one last time before walking upstairs. Anna remained where she was standing for a moment. Hayden looked up at her before standing up as well.

"Should I go?" he asked quietly.

Anna met his eyes and shook her head, her heart skipping a beat when he grinned at her. Blushing, she turned to leave him in the living room while she put Riley to bed.

"You had a good time today, huh?" she asked her son as he climbed into bed.

"Yup," he nodded and yawned again. "It was totally cool."

"That's great, Riley," Anna said and perched on the edge of the bed after tucking the sheets around him.

"Thanks for letting me go, Mom," Riley said. "I'm glad you're friends with Mr. Zim - Hayden."

Anna blinked, wondering what had made him say that. "Well, he's your friend too, Riley. He talks to you on the phone almost every day."

"Yeah, but he told me today that he likes you," Riley told her and yawned, his eyes blinking heavily. "He says he made you mad and didn't mean to so that's why we stopped for pizza. Did it work?"

"Did what work?" Anna asked, her mind whirling. Hayden told Riley he likes me? She wondered. It was such a juvenile thought that she gave herself a mental shake and listened to her son instead.

"Are you still mad at Hayden?"

"No, Riley. I'm not mad."

"That's good 'cause I like him and I told him he should just say he's sorry," Riley said as he flopped onto his side, wriggling to get more comfortable under the covers. "I want him to stay."

"What do you mean?" Anna asked.

"I want him to stay and be our friend. I like him."

"I like him, too, Riley," Anna confessed and lifted a hand to brush her son's unruly dark locks from his face. She thought he might respond but he was out cold already. With a sigh, Anna leaned forward to press a kiss to his cheek and then she left him alone.

Downstairs, Hayden was sitting on the couch, remote control in hand but the channel was the same as when she'd left. She eyed the Christmas cartoon and lifted her eyebrows at him when he looked over at her.

"I like The Grinch," Hayden said and set the remote control down on the table in front of him.

"He's my favorite, too," Anna agreed, standing awkwardly in the doorway.

Hayden looked at her, his eyes going from her face down and back up again. "Are you sure you don't want me to go?" he asked.

Sighing, Anna shifted on her feet and held her hands out to either side. "I don't know, Hayden," she replied honestly. "I think we need to talk."

"Talk," he echoed, nodding thoughtfully. To Anna, he sounded disappointed, but maybe that was her own imagination. Hayden sat back on the couch and patted the cushion next to him. "So, come talk to me."

OK. Now she knew she wasn't imagining things. She heard the underlying invitation in his voice and the pull deep in her stomach demanded that she sit beside him. She knew what it would probably lead to and she'd be kidding herself if she said she didn't want that. But they did need to talk and whatever might happen between them on that couch, it wouldn't be talking.

"How about you join me in the kitchen?" she suggested and turned away without waiting for a response. "Help me clean up."

She walked into the kitchen and turned the light on. There wasn't a huge mess from dinner but a few dishes were still on the table and the counter. She started by carrying them all to the sink and then she started to package up the leftover pizza in plastic containers. Footsteps sounded behind her but she didn't turn to look. She was just snapping the lid on one container when Hayden came up behind her, placing his hands on the counter to either side of her.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asked, his voice low and his breath warm on the back of her neck. After work, she'd tied her hair up in a haphazard ponytail, leaving her neck exposed to the elements. Hayden exhaled again as he waited for her response and Anna shuddered, his warm breath reaching to every part of her.

"Talk?" she repeated. She set her palms down over the tops of his hands. She felt him start at the touch and smiled to herself, glad that he wasn't just playing with her. If a slight touch did that to him, then maybe she wasn't imagining things.

"You said you... you wanted to talk?" Hayden asked, his breath coming out more quickly now, sending more delightful tingles to the space between her legs.

"I do," she replied with a sigh. She did and she thought they should do it now before she ended up offering herself to him. She turned around to face him, pressing her backside against the counter in a weak effort to put more distance between them.

Hayden was grinning at her, his soft brown eyes almost entirely swallowed up by the pupils. He was breathing heavily and now his exhalations brushed against her lips. He smelled of pizza and soda and everything masculine. Anna swallowed and leaned back as far as she could. Hayden let her, watching her with those dark eyes and making her feel things in places she'd forgotten existed.

"What's on your mind?" he asked.

"I think..." she began and shook her head, trying to sort through her thoughts. What did she want to say to him? So many things had been on her mind earlier but now she had a single thought: God, he feels so good against me.

"You think...?" Hayden prompted and Anna's eyes were drawn back to his face. He was still grinning at her and there was a glint in his eyes that told her he was teasing her. As if she needed teasing to completely forget what they were doing. To make matters even more difficult, one of his hands settled on the small of her back, urging her closer.

"Hayden, we need to... figure things out," she said, her voice sounding breathless. She supposed she was. She was hot and the counter was no longer pressing comfortingly into her butt.

Her words seemed to get through to him though and he moved his head back. She looked up at him, watched the change in his expression. His smile dimmed but didn't disappear entirely. "Figure things out," he echoed and Anna wondered if he was just going to repeat everything she said. "What things?"

She shrugged. What things, indeed.

"I'm sorry about asking Riley to practice without running it by you first," he said when she didn't answer. "I didn't mean to make you angry and I honestly didn't think about asking you first." His smile brightened for a moment. "I've never been in a relationship with an eight-year old before."

Anna giggled and clapped a hand over her mouth to stifle it. Hayden's eyes sparkled at her and his grin returned. Oh God, she thought. Now he knows he's got me. Out loud, she said, "Well, if it makes you feel any better, he's never been in a relationship with a hockey player."

"Good to know," he murmured. "I guess this is new for both of us, then."

Anna nodded. "New. Yes. I think... maybe he doesn't know the rules." Of course, they were no longer talking about Riley but for some reason, she felt more comfortable discussing it this way.

"Rules? There are rules?"

"Sure. I mean, we can't have you picking him up from school early for every practice, right?" Anna replied.

"Of course not," he agreed. "There are early morning practices though."

Anna cocked her eyebrow at him and he smiled sheepishly. "I just thought I'd throw it out there," he said.

"No early mornings, either," she said. "I like the time you spend with us and I don't want it to stop."

"That's good," he replied, his voice much lower. "I don't want to stop spending time with you both, either."

"Really?" she asked before she could stop. "I mean, with both of us? You don't mind?"

He drew back then, surprised by her question. "Of course not," he told her. "You're both amazing. I couldn't spend time with just Riley or just you. As much as I'd like for us to have some real time alone together, I don't ever want to neglect Riley."

He might as well have just offered her the moon. Her heart swelled at his words and she felt a familiar stinging at the back of her eyes. She dropped her head before Hayden could see her tears.

"Hey," he murmured, his hand sliding under her chin and lifting her face back up. "Anna, what's wrong?"

Anna could only shake her head, sniffling. Hayden looked worried and she felt bad for making him think he'd done something wrong. He'd done nothing wrong, nothing at all. Everything he'd just said to her had made her fall very hard and very fast. It was sudden, scary and very dangerous; she knew that.

"Anna, please," he whispered, leaning close to press a kiss to her cheek, close to her lips. He lingered there, his breath tingling against her mouth. "Please, tell me what I did wrong."

"You didn't do anything, Hayden," she managed to say.

"Then why are you crying?"

"I'm not," she muttered but she could feel the dampness on her cheeks.

Chuckling, Hayden reached up and brushed his thumbs through the tracks of her tears, wiping them away.

"OK, maybe a little," she replied and sniffed. "I just... no one's ever... said those things to me," she confessed, looking up at him. He seemed so large right now, so tall and broad before her. She'd never felt like a delicate woman but he made her feel tiny, a feeling she was not altogether unhappy with.

"What things? No one's told you they like to spend time with you and Riley?" he asked, sounding lost.

She nodded. "Yeah." No one ever had. Even her own ex-husband, Riley's father, had never expressed joy over being in their company. Kevin was around a lot, with and without his own kids, but they never spoke those sorts of words to each other.

"What about your ex-husband?" Hayden asked, as though reading her mind.

"No," she answered in a whisper. "He never said it, and anyway, it was pretty obvious that he didn't like us when he left."

Henrik clenched his jaw and the hand at her back pressed more firmly. She went with it this time, wanting to be closer to the man in front of her. Their bodies came together, knees to hips and Anna had to lift her hands to his chest to balance herself. Hayden's eyes flickered when she touched him and her breath caught at the sudden intensity in his face.

"I want to spend all my time with you," he said, his voice rough. Another hand joined the first at her back and warmth spread throughout her entire body. "My problem is I can't get enough."

He kissed her, his mouth hard on hers, his tongue slipping inside swiftly. Anna gasped, letting herself open up to him. She fisted her hands in his sweater, loving the shudder that rippled through him. The muscles beneath her hands tensed and she flattened her palms over them again to feel the movement. The hands on her back moved up, pressing between her shoulder blades until she was crushed against his chest. She felt a hardness against her stomach and gasped again when she realized what it was.

Hayden wrenched his mouth from hers and trailed hot kisses down her neck. He sucked on the angle of her throat just above her shoulder and Anna dug her fingertips into his chest, gathering the fabric of his sweater again. She needed something to hold on to. His tongue dancing and sliding sensuously across her skin had her seeing stars. She clenched her thighs together as the tingling reached a peak.

"Hayden," she murmured his name, letting her head fall back and her eyes close. God, he was making her feel so good and all he was doing was propping her up as he kissed her neck. She'd melt before he ever got under her clothes.

Then he was pushing a hand under the fabric of her blouse, lifting the hem and sliding hot fingers over the trembling skin of her stomach. He flattened a palm against her and slid up until he was cupping one bra-covered breast. She moaned, arching against him, her body responding as it had not in years.

"You're so beautiful, Anna," he murmured to her, lifting his head and planting kisses on her chin, cheek and closed eyelids. "So soft. So warm. And you taste so sweet."

She shook her head, thinking she was never going to have the power to speak again. Then Hayden's mouth was on hers again, his tongue dancing against hers. She rose to him, thrusting her tongue back at him and swallowing his groan. The hand under her shirt closed over her breast and she jerked against him, feeling again the hard length of his erection against her abdomen. His hand on her back slid down, pushing on her bottom and holding her against him. As he held her there, he pushed his hips forward and together they groaned.

"Oh my God," she breathed as he released her lips.

He pressed his forehead to hers, breathing rapidly. He pulled the hand from under her shirt and move the hand from her backside. For a moment, Anna was afraid he was going to stop this and she made a noise of protest, opening her eyes. He wasn't looking into her face though. His attention was on her chest where she realized he'd moved his hands. He worked the top button of her blouse free and then moved on to the next one.

Almost before she knew what was happening, Hayden had all the buttons undone and he was parting the sides of her blouse, inhaling sharply as he exposed her. Feeling self-conscious, Anna tried to close it, blushing.

"No," he growled at her, closing his bigger hands over hers and pulling them away. He bent her arms, holding them behind her back and leaving her helpless before him.

Their gaze met then and Anna shivered when she saw the heavy look of desire in his brown eyes. Keeping his eyes on hers, he lowered his head to taste her lips once more before moving lower. He sucked hard on one spot on her throat before licking it delicately. Dragging his tongue lower still, Anna held her breath as his soft exhalations brushed against her exposed chest. Her nipples hardened almost painfully inside her bra.

"Oh, Anna," Hayden murmured and she flushed, feeling that her lust for him must be so obvious.

He let one of her hands go, moving his around to her front and brushing the pad of his thumb over one erect nipple. His hand cupped her breast, squeezing gently as he stroked her again through the fabric of her bra. She sucked in a breath, remembering distantly that she needed to breathe. Her free hand went to his shoulder and she held on as Hayden blew a soft breath over her skin. Goosebumps rose on her skin and she trembled in his arms.

"Anna, you..." Hayden started to speak and Anna glanced down to see him shaking his head. He lifted his eyes to hers and she saw some unreadable expression in his eyes. It only served to arouse her further, as if she needed it. If he asked, she was more than ready for him. "You're so beautiful," he finished his thought.

"Stop saying that," she whispered on a laugh, feeling the heat flood her cheeks and spill down her throat.

"Never," he replied, a frown creasing his forehead. "I'll never stop telling you how beautiful you are or how much I want to be inside of you."

Anna gasped at his words and squeezed her eyes shut. She was almost afraid to look at him. The intensity of his gaze, the heat behind his words was confusing. She didn't ever remember someone saying words like this to her, even before she was married. She wasn't the beautiful one. She'd always been the frumpy girl in the background; the overweight one with acne and impossibly frizzy hair.

"Anna," Hayden whispered and she felt the warmth of his breath on her lips. He kissed her, sliding his tongue across her lips, dampening them and sending more electricity to the already overloaded part of her below the waist. "Anna," he breathed against her lips, licking the corners of her mouth. "Look at me, love. I want to look into your eyes."

She did as he asked, summoning the last of her courage to do it. Her eyes opened to find him smiling so sweetly at her, his eyes so dark with lust that her knees almost buckled. The arm around her back tightened and she realized then that he'd released her other hand. She braced the heel of her hand against the counter, still clinging to his shoulder with the other. Her entire body was engulfed by his; all she could feel was every hard inch of his body and all she could see was the warm brown of his eyes.

"Why?" she asked, not knowing what exactly she was asking.

He cocked his head at her and kissed her lips, licking teasingly before pulling away again. "Why what?" he asked but continued speaking without waiting for her to clarify. "Why am I here? Because you invited me to stay. Why do I like you and your son so much?" Here he paused and shrugged his shoulders. Anna swallowed as she felt the flexing of his muscles beneath her palm. "I can't help myself," he answered. "You're under my skin."

"Sorry," she breathed and he chuckled, kissing her on the mouth again.

"Don't be," he replied. "I'm not." He studied her face for a moment before speaking again. "Or maybe you just wanted to know why I wanted you to open your eyes."

"Yeah," she agreed, thinking that must have been it.

"It's because I wanted to watch you when I do this," he told her and pushed a hand down the front of her pants.

Her eyes widened when she felt the heat of his palm over her panties and she gasped as he pressed fingers to the damp spot between her legs. His mouth came down on hers again as he played with her, stroking her over her wet panties and soaking the fabric right through. All the while, his eyes were open, fixed on hers and Anna felt a whirling dizziness overcome her.

"Stop," she gasped, twisting her mouth out from under his. "Please, Hayden, I can't..." she shook her head, sucking in air like it was in sudden short supply. "Stop, please."

He did as she asked, drawing his hand out of her pants and placing it at her hip. With one last gentle squeeze, he released her breast and moved that hand to her other hip. He didn't move back though, didn't give her any space.

"What is it?" he asked, his mouth still hovering over hers. He looked so unapologetic and worried at the same time, that Anna felt her heart expand even more.

Breathing hard, Anna looked into his eyes and couldn't stop the giddy smile from spreading over her face. She lifted her hand from the counter behind her and cupped her palm over his cheek. The beard tickled the inside of her fingers and she liked it. "We just can't," she whispered around her rapid inhalations. "Not here, not tonight."

When he still looked expectant, she flicked her eyes up, toward the second floor and realization dawned on his face. Then he did look sorry.

"Don't worry," she assured him, pushing up onto her toes to kiss him before he drew away from her altogether. "It's not that I'm not... having fun."

He chuckled and slipped his arms around her back to hold her close. "That's a relief."

"I just... we can't tonight. I don't want to... be quiet," she explained lamely and blushed at her words. "I don't think I could be."

Hayden groaned and closed his eyes, leaning his forehead against hers. "God, Anna, you're killing me."

She giggled. "I don't mean to," she replied.

He opened his eyes and smiled. "All right," he said. "We'll stop here and figure something out for another time."

When she lifted her eyebrows at him, he winced. "I didn't mean that the way it sounded," he said. "I don't want you to think we need to get rid of Riley so we can make love."

MugsyB
MugsyB
2,729 Followers