All Comments on 'A Few Sips Ch. 16'

by sinagainChris12

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I may need

A half chapter with some Spencer-Astor goodness.

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: may need

Oh yeah? Maybe a short one chapter story? Lol. I have SO many characters to write about, but we shall see....

hunteratvguyhunteratvguyover 8 years ago
Great

I'm loving this story always look forward to the next chapter thanks

Cmamy21Cmamy21over 8 years ago
Love it!

Omg please write another! I want to see Domino and Alexandru reunited at last! Oh idk how long I can wait!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loving it.

I'm not one for romance normally. But this story had me hooked from the start. Great work and hope you continue. -wolf

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story...

I am looking forward to see what happens next!!! Loving the story...

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone!

I just looked and it was eight days between the posting of Ch 14 and Ch 15. That was mean of me! lol. I have submitted Ch. 17, but it doesn't look like it's getting approved until the day after tomorrow. Ch. 18 should be submitted soon, as well.

IvyMarquisIvyMarquisover 8 years ago
Seconding SpencerxAstor

Admittedly I am slightly frustrated with Domino but I guess she still doesn't know he didn't propose to her on purpose knowing he was going to have to follow Klaus (iirc? I went through a lot of story in a very short amount of time).

You've certainly got quite a bit of story to write between wrapping this up and doing Arc (Which I'm excited because I'm expecting bondage out the wazoo) + Samir but I too would love to see a little one-off of Spencer and Astor if you can manage to swing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
not liking Domino's actions

I get domino is upset, but she knows Alex was being forced to leave her, and that he traded his life for hers. And now she's abandoning him? I'm sorry he suffered for her, she should be there when he wakes and if I were Alex I would take it for what it is : rejection. And she says she wants to do right by her daughter, but knowing she clung to him she's still going to leave. If she isn't there when he wakes that'll be it for me. In the space of 2 chapters she turned into a bitch.

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: Domino's actions

Thank you for your comment!

As much as this is a love story about a girl and her vampire lover, this is also a story about a girl who is finding out who she is. Remember, Domino is a product of her past, she's a former foster kid, no family, very few friends, who was left by pretty much everyone who she thought would/could/should love her. The one male relationship she had when she was young was abusive, and she even got forced out of that one. She was scared, alone, and afraid to live her life. She was shut into her house. And then she meets this strong, handsome vampire who is absolutely sure of himself and what HE wants. And he wants her, he takes her virginity (which she willingly gives) and then he leaves her. When she finds out she is pregnant and that she could die, he is nowhere to be found. She's alone, she seeks out help and love again, because she's afraid.

Then he comes back, and there's hope, and she starts to think that her life is finally going to get better, that she's FINALLY going to be a part of something real with someone who loves her, who she loves. It's the first time in her life that she thinks tomorrow is going to be just as good, if not better than today.

And even in that, she knows that she may die. She is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for her child, to show it how much she loved it, in a way that no one has ever shown her that. She is willing to die to bring Faith into the world to be with Alexandru, to give Alexandru what she thinks that he truly needs. A family.

And then she gives birth, and LIVES! Woot! And she wakes up and BOOM, there he goes again. Yes, it's not his fault, yes, she totally knows that, but it still hurts. It tears her up and she is a total mess for a while there. And then she realizes, with the helpful push of a number of her new friends, that she needs to love herself, to make a life for herself and her daughter that is not contingent on whether or not Alexandru is in the picture. She has no idea if she will ever see him again, and the decisions she makes are the first real mature decisions that she could make. Becoming a vampire, moving to Wisconsin, befriending Spencer and Jo. She is doing all of this for herself, she's not afraid anymore.

And then she finds him, and she, and other women, get him free from Klaus' sire bond. It's fast and unexpected. And she does it happily. But she is not that person she was before he left, willing to end her own life to make someone else happy. She has been rejected over and over and over. If she just hopped right back into bed with him, if she just stayed and took total care of him during his recovery, to me, that would have pulled her right back down into the position of living for someone else, and she needs to push forward for herself.

Alexandru is a big boy, and he isn't perfect. If Domino leaves him to heal at Vorhees, he will get through it. He has no lack of self esteem and self awareness. He wants her back....he will be willing to go to her. And he totally wants her back.

All of that being said, I will never be able to make all of my readers happy, and I can't ever make everyone see every character the same way. I hope you give her a chance and read to the end. I know Alexandru will.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 8 years ago
Ugh. She's being so annoying.

What part of compulsion is difficult for her to understand?

ToadenToadenover 8 years ago
More. More. More. More. More!

I want more! I'm loving this series so far, it's definitely a different twist on what I usually have read. Stories involving non-humans that is. Keep em coming please! More, I say MORE!

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: More more more more

Thank you! I am glad you like them and that they are not more of just the same old, same old stroker story. There are 18 total chapters in the story of Alexandru and Domino, but I am already working on transcribing Mr. Hughes' story to the computer to start uploading that after New Year's, so YES, definitely MORE TO COME! :D

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous