All Comments on 'A Few Sips Ch. 17'

by sinagainChris12

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Disappointed in Alex...

I didn't care for the way that Alex was trying to goad her into being with another man most of the evening, from the limo driver to the guy at the restaurant. It was weird, and made it seem like he'd be into having some kind of kinky, open relationship with her, instead of wooing her like he should be, with promises of love and monogamy.

Whether he realizes it or not, an open relationship IS cheating. The only difference is that you do it in front of your spouse, which imo is wrong on SO many levels. Cheating itself is wrong, but this is sick, perverted, & wrong, taking things to a whole other level. And once you start something like that, regardless of it being mutual, NO good will ever come from it. And as it is, they are on shaky ground as a couple, just trying to form a relationship again. Doing something like that is beyond stupid. To me, if you really, truly love someone, then you could NEVER share them, no matter what. And especially the mother of your child.

Alex is just so blase about sex in general, having lived so long & then prostituting himself...It's as if it means nothing to him. If I were Dom, that right there would be more than enough to give me pause. Don't get me wrong, I give him props for abstaining while he was in captivity, nearly dying to stay true to what I hoped was Dom. However...when he told her why he done it, Dom & being faithful to her were NOT his first or his main motivator. He said it was because he didn't want to see another woman go through what she did. That just didn't settle well with me.

I'm not saying I want him to be some overly jealous, possessive, or controlling nut, but a little jealousy & possessiveness is nice & even healthy. I don't think Dom would appreciate or even tolerate him being with another woman, or even feeding on one, like he had said. All of this garbage he suggested tonight would just be opening Pandora's Box, which I bet he'll wish he hadn't later, especially if she were to find someone more appealing than him, or maybe even fall in love with them. Most women can't just have sex without feelings of some kind like men often tend to do. This could be disastrous & completely backfire on Alex, and for what? A kinky, temporary night of what he considers "hot" or fun? It's NOT worth it, and he SHOULD think far more of Dom than that & respect her more than that! Maybe he should remember...two's company & three's a crowd.

It also bothered me that here he's been separated from her all this time, missing out on SO much, & instead of just wanting her all to himself & just being grateful to be back in her & his daughter's presence, he instead wants to share her with some strange man...even without having her himself yet.

How about him being a gentleman, for a change? How about treating the woman who rescued him, saved his life, & sacrificed SO much for him like a lady who's loved & respected, instead of treating her like the whores that he's used to?!!

Their whole relationship has been shit, thanks to him & his foolishness already! I mean, it's bad enough that he met her in a grocery store, took her home, took her virginity, & even after knowing her problems - agoraphobia, being a foster child/orphan, & being molested, had still sex with her in a disrespectful manner, then knocked her up & just left, never coming back to even just check on her. If she hadn't met a werewolf who helped her, she would've been completely alone, in trouble, & most likely dead. Is he going to continue to fuck up all of the time?! If so, Dom needs to just cut her losses & move on. Let him be Faith's dad, but keep it as only that.

Again, I HOPE he don't talk her into this garbage. I HOPE she remembers that she's a mother first & foremost now & that that ISN'T acceptable behavior, vampire or not.

I wanted to like Alex, & I thought that I might after his ordeal, but I just can't & don't. I don't trust him & he does things for the WRONG reasons. I also don't think Dom is his soul mate or true mate.

I do love your story...just not him. Lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I couldn't have said it better

I absolutely agree with the 1st commenter. Alex is one dimensional; lust, sex, fuck, freak show, rinse and repeat. Dom has progressed, and blossomed into an adult, while Alex tends to think with his dick. He still has a whore's mentality.

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: Disappointed

Oh, no! He is teasing her at the end there! He truly does not want to share her, but like you said, sex to him is different than sex to her. But it is HER he wants and he would truly be hurt if she were to fuck someone else. Don't take that all wrong. It was just an explanation or a blood match....for possible future stories!!!!!!!

Give Alex a chance!!!!! 😉

And personally, I wholeheartedly agree that an open relationship can and usually is totally devastating. I could never be a part of such a thing. Not ever. (Which is why even my husband was surprised that Anya ended up with the wolf pack, lol).

Akasha70Akasha70over 8 years ago

This story is awesome

I love the idea that Dom might end up having sex with the driver as she feeds with Alex watching them

But then I don't see sex like others do

To the author well

I NEED MORE PLEASE

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Re: Disappointed

The way I read it was that since he is older and she is relatively new he was trying to explain it in a way that wouldn't make her feel guilty or "dirty" for the thoughts. I think it was pretty clear up to this point that he's a one woman guy (now) and that she's it for him. I'm not sure he's completely closed to the idea of playing with friends but figured that he didn't want her feeling unsure about her feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
i get what you're doing but...

He just comes off douchey. Maybe if it wasn't so rushed feeling. Hey I almost died but now that I'm back, lets have you do this guy!! Its okay it is just instinct! :/ Maybe if he was more understanding to her mental state or just sweeter or something. I get that you're trying to add more detail but maybe it should have gone as "this is what vampires do but I respect you enough to not force any ideals on you, I love you enough"

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: Anonymouses Anonymi?

That is where my thought process was when I wrote it, really, there are a lot of things that Domino hasn't learned about being a vampire. She's a newborn, really. He is explaining things. To me, if he hadn't said that he would understand, that he got it if she needed to be with the driver, then that, too, would have been dishonest, and he wants to be completely honest with her.

But yeah, maybe he didn't use quite the right words. So often we never do. ;)

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 8 years ago
So he'll be monogomous but she doesn't have to be?

Poor form. Put a damper on their reunion. I hope I'm not cursed to be disappointed with the end of all your stories...

This one's been great so far. Then again, so was the other one until the end...

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: can'tfightfate

I have no intention of pulling the proverbial rug out from under anyone. Promise. I couldn't take the torches and pitchforks.

I am editing and doing finishing touches to the final chapter (yes, I said final-I need to tell Mr. Hughes' story, it's eating me ALIVE). It may be a few more days until it posts...but it's coming....soon....

hunteratvguyhunteratvguyover 8 years ago
Awesome

Your doing great

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I actually like how Alex wS in this chapter. He's always been overtly sexual so I didn't feel like this chapter was out of line with his personality. That's a large part of why Dom was into him from the beginning.

loststarsloststarsover 8 years ago
These people are too uptight

I freaking love Alex, plain and simple. Does he have flaws? Yes, but that makes him such a realistic character (besides the vampirism and wings and such lol). But ignore them, he's not a dick, even if he does have a tendency to think with it quite often haha. I personally didn't see her as trying to goad her into having sex with the other men, but rather (as one of the other commenters said it) keep her from feeling ashamed of her nature as a vampire.

Love all the characters and I hope to see them again in your next stories!

Did I mention I'm excited to meet Mr. Hughes' new lady friend? AND NOT TO MENTION READ SAMIR'S STORY BECAUSE HE'S MY FAVORITE!!

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: you say uptight, I say invested

Not one person on this board has told me to go eat shit and die, and that happens to people daily in some of these writing categories. If I couldn't take criticism, I wouldn't be here looking for it. But I do appreciate your appreciation for my stories and I thank you for your kindness. Yeah, I get ribbed a little (more sex! Less sex! Stupid Alex! Idiot Domino!) But, you know....I can write something with a certain intonation in my head and an idea of their backgrounds and it ends up not coming across to my reader.

It's all good.

Mr. Hughes is next. I'm waiting for something to happen (passage of time maybe?) to do Samir's story. Patience, young grasshopper!

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Oh, and just fyi

I submitted the finale of this story, I hope you like it. I worked really hard and kind of did something you may/may not like. BUT NO CRAZY LAST MINUTE TWIST WHERE SHE RUNS OFF WITH JO OR SAMIR OR SOMETHING RANDOM. I hope you enjoy it!!!! I doubt it posts 12/22. I bet it posts 12/23.

lovemelike_xolovemelike_xoover 8 years ago
sinagainChris12

I truly love your work and how engaged you are with your readers. You are def on my favorite lists ❤

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: About me...

Thank you for your comment. I do love hearing my readers say they love what I am writing-I love it even more when they tell me why they like what I write, and what I am doing well. I also like reading where a reader thinks I went wrong in their eyes, though, and this definitely happens, I have others who think I did fine. We are all so very different.

When I first started writing Anya's story, I never thought anyone would read it, like it, vote for it, or comment on it. I was really pleasantly surprised it was received so well. I got comments that encouraged me and then I got comments that told me I could do better. If people on this site were going to take the time to type a message to me, then I figured I should take the time to respond. (and of course, sometimes I respond because it's a negative comment about a particular character and I'm just like NOOOOOOOOO, don't hate them. I love my characters, except that asshole Klaus, so it is hard for me to hear a reader doesn't like one of them.)

Anyway, I don't want to ramble. Thank you again....

ToadenToadenover 8 years ago
Yay! Next chapter!

I'm so excited! Can't read it now, but this is getting read today! I'll let you know when I do.

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: Yay, next chapter!

I hope you enjoy it! :D The finale posts tomorrow, so we shall see how their story plays out! But trust me....we'll be seeing them again..... ;)

bearminxbearminxover 5 years ago
I wanted

To give you 10 stars!!!!! I am so happy the love train is back on track!!!

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

Erm... So now vampires are eating food, at least occationally, unlike in the earlier chapters?

Even with what you write in these comments, Alex's thoughts about her having sex with a bloodmatch seems to contradict themselves.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous