All Comments on 'A Gift of Love'

by dreampilot79

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Left wanting more

Wonderful, wonderful story... It made me tear up in several areas and made me cry at the end. It was such a beautiful and well written story. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow!

Any other word would fail to express my feeling after reading this wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
And you thought you'd get last place.

beautiful story DP. As great now as when I read it earlier. I'll be waiting for my check..lol.

damppantiesdamppantiesover 18 years ago
Beautiful

I'm sorry I couldn't stop myself from enjoying this story and voting accordingly. It's a lovely, romantic story that talks of love without overly getting mushy. Just my kind of thing.

Sorry about the loss of last place (I know that will happen). Maybe you could join me in the 'neither here nor there' gang then?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great read

It's 3:45 am and I couldn't sleep and I found your story on the net. Sexy, Soft, Sentual, with just the right amount of detail.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Tough guy

This tough guy got choked up reading your great story. Thanks--I guess.

AlwaysBeTrueAlwaysBeTrueover 18 years ago
Awsome

Awsome, cant say much more than that. You were able to portray characters there are very real. I felt the frustration and the joy they both went threw.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Had me scared for a minute

Thought you were going to go the "Gift of the Magi" route with this, and I was going to get cranky. But I love that you let everything work out. A soft, sensual lovely piece - and count me among those that got misty-eyed while reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Told you it was good.

Loved it - super, sloppy old romance about two guys who love each other. Have you got his cell number, I could really love a guy like that.

Og has the field to himself. Start polishing your golden globes - help is available.

Well done DP

Elle

kydreamrkydreamrover 18 years ago
Damn, this story really got to me

I've seen life from the working man's viewpoint and you did a great, no superb, job of creating such wonderful characters and such great descriptions of their lives.

Thanks so much!

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 18 years ago
Lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate!

Im sure your recognize that famous quote from Dante's Inferno. :)

Well, in your case, abandon all hope ye might have had for entering last place. Congratulations on producing a winner despite all my suggestions to the contrary.

Rumple

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story

THANK YOU for writing it. Steve

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 18 years ago
A Beautiful Story

Like one of the Anon. readers, when I saw the first line, I thought it was going to be "The Gift of the Magi" redone. After reading part of the story and stopping and noticing the first reference to the Corvette, I thought so even more. It was not, and it was better. O'Henry never wrote about sex as well as you did. At least I never read any. It was a sweet, tender story of love, and I am going to five-bomb you. I don't believe you will take last place this time.

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonover 18 years ago
Too good for the Booby Prize

This story was much too good!! I really liked it, I am terribly sorry, but I had to give it a 5.

The bottom will be all mine....

drk"living in the basement"sideofthemoon

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 18 years ago
What did I tell you huh? :)

Didn't I say you had a winner? Didn't I say that story was so good that nobody would be able to do anything but five-bomb you? Wasn't I right huh? :)

Enjoy the ride DP, you're on your way to the top. :)

Happy TrailsHappy Trailsover 18 years ago
Sweet and sappy, kind of reminds

me of the same emotions and feelings that DK's Endless dragged out of me. You should be proud of this story.

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisqueover 18 years ago
Told you it was good.

Look, even RF has changed his opinion.

This is really good. Prolly your best. We've all 5-bombed you.

BelegonBelegonover 18 years ago
Beautiful

Like others, I saw you going the O. Henry route and was dismayed, but you found a good way to give that tease and then Hollywood it out for a happy ending. Very sweet, very passionate and I absolutely LOVE the scene in my mind when she walks in to buy that car back from Bill, as well as how you let Bill come out with both profit and pride intact. I think you have done awesome work here DP.

Erotica_WritingsErotica_Writingsover 18 years ago
great work

Wonderful work

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
Touching

Good work, DP! My heart really went out to your characters. Good luck to you.

CunfucusCunfucusover 18 years ago
Damn!

This one's it - the winner right here. There's no point in submitting my story now. Your's simply blew away the competition!

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 18 years ago
Mmmm

Sweet, sexy and about real people too. Well, they could be. ;)

I loved your story, DP.

Good luck, you're NOT going for last place this time.

Black Tulip

MunachiMunachiover 18 years ago
beautiful!

a wonderful story! I liked a lot...

ABSTRUSEABSTRUSEover 18 years ago
Damn...

I just pulled you out of last place. *grin*

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautiful.

I wanted to give it a six!!

sacksackabout 18 years ago
great stuff...

you should be proud of this one!

LuciousBi-Writes4ULuciousBi-Writes4Uabout 18 years ago
I agree...

with the reference to Dante... no way this is going to be in last place...besides...i think that spot is reserved for me! LOL ;)

great and romantic...a whole other side of you DP!

~LB~

JoesephusJoesephusabout 18 years ago
And I thought I was the only one...

who got the O'Henry thing. Oh well the arrogance of a student. This was very well writen, and I loved the twist. I'm not sure about all the references to last place. I do think you have a winner. I'm just glad that I resolved never to read other entries until after I've submited.

I would still be staring at my story if I had. Wait, I amd still staring at my story, still re-writing, but I never would have submitted. Very well done.

Unsung MuseUnsung Museabout 18 years ago
Nice Work!

A very enjoyable read - thanks!

Good luck to you!!

kbatekbateabout 18 years ago
Nice

The beginning was a little slow, but by the second turn, I was involved and the remainder of the story read in a few seconds.

Well done, as are all of your stories.

kb

hugo_samhugo_samabout 18 years ago
Heartwarming

A wonderful story of love and commitment. Well written and so involving. An enjoyable read. Thanks.

Hugo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Hey dummy....

Ya damn near made me cry.... are ya happy now....

Great read DP and if ya place 4th again I'm going to lynch somebody...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wonderful story!

Fairy tales do come true! Beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
:)

Yes, the best thing there is. Unconditional love. Great story even if a little to sweet for life, and a nice ending too it :) Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I just found this story and I have to say it is the best romance I have read on this site. This is TRUE LOVE through years of hardship and sacrifice. Simply a beautiful story.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
TRUE TRUE LOVE

MEANS GIVING MORE THAN YOU TAKE. TK U MLJ LV NV

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptover 12 years ago
BEAUTIFUL!!

Absolutely beautiful!!

This is a truly lovely and loving story. How much they truly loved each other. It actually brung a tear to my eye.

Thank you so much for writing this beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Wow absolutely beautiful story of true love! this is the first story i read that is not about one night stands or hungry animalistic sex with no feelings.. I hate stories like that and doesn't do anything for me, it just shows the sad world we live in...the most amazing and most precious thing is to make love (not just sex) with the one person who means everything to you in this world. Even with very humble circumstances, making love in a way that expresses your full need and love for your partner is priceless and the greatest gift to give to them. Touching beautiful story :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

What can you add to that was beautiful!

Ed

loveoverlustloveoverlustabout 9 years ago
A PERFECT MARRIAGE IS A NEVER ENDING ROMANCE

I wish you would have submitted in L.W., just to bring a shred of light in a section otherwise darkened by betrayal & revenge.

Well....I'm just being part of the chorus.....Mr. DP79 you've been 5 bombed.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
So glad I found this

Once in a while a gem from the past percolates to the top. This is one of those beautiful love stories I wish more writers would produce.

thank you.

oregon_trailoregon_trailover 8 years ago
One of the best

As others had already said, this story is one of the best shorter stories I have read on Literotica. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Outstanding!!

Thank you, tom anon. (With a tear in his eye).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Lovely rewritten version of “The Gift of Magi” with few changes

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous