A Gift of Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Judy watched her for a moment. "Would you like to have them published?"

"Of course. It's my dream, but I'm happy to just write for fun. I really don't have the money to pursue it."

Judy looked at her. "Maybe I could help."

"Judy, I don't want your money. I'm happy to just write for fun." Vickie blushed a little and then she smiled. "I think we both need to get to work Doctor. I can hear the first patients now."

They said no more but Judy knew something that Vickie did not. Her college roommate was an editor for a company that published exactly the type of romance novel that Vickie had written.

That night, Judy sent a long e-mail to her old roommate with the manuscript attached.

*******************************************************

On Valentines Day, John drove his beautiful wife to work as usual, but then he went to his fathers garage, this time not to polish the already glistening coat of the corvette, but rather to say his goodbyes. He needed to buff the car one last time with a loving touch and perhaps the hint of a tear at the corner of his eye.

He knew this car was in perfect condition, except for the engine. If it had been working properly, it would have been worth $25,000 or more. Bill was giving him $2,500. Still, it was more than enough to pay for the new computer he had already spotted for Vickie and new software. His heart sang with the joy she would get from the new computer while his eyes teared at the loss of his precious car.

He watched them hook it up to the wrecker and haul it away. He followed the truck into the street and watched the car rolling away until it was gone from sight. Then he took his money and headed directly to the computer store.

******************************************************

At the very same instant that John was watching his car disappear into the sunrise, Vickie was in shock. When she came into work that morning there was a stranger there. Judy's friend had flown in from New York with a check and a contract.

It would be months before her first (and not her best) novel was in print but the publisher had handed her an advance check for $5,000. Vickie had never held so much money before. Her mind was spinning and Judy gave her the rest of the day off and loaned Vickie her car.

It took Vickie only a second before she knew what she was going to do. She was going to get a new engine for John's prized corvette, but first she wanted to hold the money! She headed straight to the credit union and cashed the check. For a moment or two she fondled the crisp bills, simply enjoying the thrill of holding so much money in her hands.

As soon as she felt the joy of touching the cash, Vickie headed straight for Bill's Car Parts. Bill had been a friend for years. What she saw shocked her. Vickie and the corvette arrived at practically the same time.

At first there were only some calm questions, but once things became clearer, the interior of the parts store became a very noisy place indeed! Stores hath no fury like a woman pissed, and car parts stores saw few angry females.

When the dust settled, Vickie had bought back the corvette for $3,000 and spent the rest of her money on that new engine and its installation.

Bill had mixed feelings at the conclusion of the transaction. He had never seen the car before he agreed to buy it. He didn't realize how perfect it was. John had told him it was a finished restoration just needing an engine. Bill had heard that before, but this car was more than just restored, it was obviously a work of love. The car was perfect and Bill knew immediately that it would bring $25,000 or more with just the addition of the motor that was already waiting for it in the shop. For a second, after the corvette had arrived, the cash register had jingled in the back of Bills head. Then a pang of guilt had hit him. Before those internal noises had died, Vickie had hit him! Bill had just made a deal and seen $20,000 fly out the door, but so had his guilt. Still it was a profitable day. He made over $1,000 in just a few minutes after selling the engine and the car back to Vickie.

Perhaps it was the touch of guilt that made him agree to put all the shops resources into installing that engine but it was finished just after lunch. The release of such a fine machine, to its owner is not something for mechanics to rush. There had to be time to admire their work and the artistry of a classic car.

The four mechanics who had done the work had nearly come to blows deciding who got to test drive it. In the end, all four of them took one lap around the block, after each circuit they made minor adjustments until it was better than perfect. It was nearly 4:00 when they decided that they could part with it. Vickie had watched every turn of a screwdriver with a smile on her face.

Vickie had no regrets about her purchases. No qualms that all her money was gone. Only a question about why he would have sold that car. She could hardly wait to show it to him. She could only imagine the look on his face.

*********************************************

John was not a computer geek. It had taken him most of the afternoon to get the damn computer installed complete with its fully functional printer. He had also prepaid six months of DSL Internet connection for his love. He felt no regret about the sale of his precious car. He could hardly wait to see Vickie's face. Only one more hour before he picked her up at work! He could barely contain his joy at the thought of seeing her happiness.

He had just finished and stepped out the back door for some fresh air when he heard a car pull up to the house. He started around the garage to see who it could be.

Vickie had seen the car in the drive and could hardly contain her enthusiasm. She couldn't wait to see John's face. She also wanted to know what could have gotten into him to make him sell his car. She almost bounded into the house.

Vickie had entered the house just moments before John had come around the garage to see "Bill's" Corvette in the drive. His heart leaped and crashed at the same time. He felt an intense joy, that his baby was now fully functional and he knew it would turn heads on the street. It was also salt in a fresh wound to know that that car no longer belonged to him. It took him a moment to realize that Bill was not to be seen and a look of confusion crossed his face.

Vickie had searched the house for John, and almost missed the new computer. She had gone right by it looking for John, and had not spotted the new equipment until she had turned around and headed for the door again. She gasped and squealed in joy.

There was a huge grin on her face as she walked to the front door. She watched John take his handkerchief out of his pocket and polish a spot on the corvette's finish. She watched him from the door for a moment.

"How bout taking your girl for a ride in your new car?"

John looked up to see Vickie standing in the door with a huge smile on her face. "My new car?"

Vickie's eyes twinkled as she walked quickly toward him. "Your new car. I bought it back for you."

"How?"

She pulled her love into her arms. "I sold one of my novels, or rather Judy sold one for me. Now stop asking questions, kiss me, take me for a ride and then take me to bed!"

What could a man do but obey his wife?

12