All Comments on 'A God Called Bruce Pt. 05'

by Talemaster

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
zarroc789zarroc789almost 12 years ago
wish

wish you had not ended it.

Sean1959Sean1959almost 12 years ago
No it can't be finished

Theres so much more to this surely, c'mon Talemaster in the words of Picard "make it so"

TruGentMuldunTruGentMuldunalmost 12 years ago
Dear Talemaster

Please continue. minor suggested direction taming of the norse gods maybe?? This story field has so much possibility!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Please dont stop. For five days now, I've kept my appointment with A GOD NAMED BRUCE, and perhaps the fates who made you write this. lol. Keep moving please, we'll love to see the war between the machines and Smart Alec alias Smart arse. And then he might become the supreme god, even over zeus.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
End?

Is this truly an end or a start for a successor/new story?

CajunBillCajunBillalmost 12 years ago
Common Spirit

A fascinating story. I too am a retired engineer, born 1940. I have enjoyed Si-Fi since I was 10. You rank up there with my favourites - Heinlein, Asimov, etc.(Yes I have known Brits, Canadians, and Aussies.)

~~ CajunBill

killerwhale681killerwhale681almost 12 years ago
Please sir, can we have some more?

I've been hooked on scifi for 50yrs and have really enjoyed the tale. What's up with the possum? Please be humane and feed us some more. Thanks so very much for the excellent work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Great Story..I really enjoyed it. I hope another part is in the works, I would love to see how things play out.

thatrobthatrobalmost 12 years ago
Alas,we have come to the end of this tale

This has been one of the most entertaining stories I've read. It would be a crying shame not to continue it. I really hope that this was not just a break from your Offspring series, but instead a continuing companion piece to your collection.I thank you for your efforts,and for entertaining all of us so very well.

sailandoarsailandoaralmost 12 years ago
Wow !!

Move over Philip José Farmer, Robert Heinlein, and ... .... ..... , make room in the pantheon of Sci-fi writers for yet one more.

quiverclawquiverclawalmost 12 years ago
ok i know you've......

been showered with accolades by the look of these comments, and i totally agree! please, please!! make a part 2!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Words escape me

I, like a lot of the people on this site, am an avid reader of not only erotica but also of published works. If this story continued in the same fashion as the first five parts to lengthen to true novel length and could gain a publisher with an open enough mind to look past the erotic nature, it could be at the least nominated for a Hugo award.

I encourage you to continue this story arc and sharpen your skills for a future in main stream sci-fi works.

TalemasterTalemasteralmost 12 years agoAuthor
About the length of the work.

The way the work is presented here on Literotica is very deceptive. It makes a story look smaller than it actually is. A God called Bruce runs into 120.000 words, which is well and truly full novel length. It took a year to write. As to a sequel, perhaps. I left it open for such an eventuality. See how I feel after I finish Offspring. Thanks for the many kind comments. It makes me happy to see my little offering so well received. You guys are great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Aaaah!

Nicely done. For me, it is well rounded and the threads tied neatly together. And there are some interesting ideas about ideals and morality.

And if there was an end to it, it would contradict the thrust of the narrative.

Well done indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I'm not going to get much sleep tonight!

Again, I went to the comments before the story...because you are awesome and don't need me to tell you that:) Know that you cause the the wasting of days and sleepless nights with your writing though! Please don't ever stop.

sktarafdarsktarafdaralmost 12 years ago
Great work.

Thanks for this very good fiction 'A God called Bruce'. there are some ups and downs but overall it is a good grosser and think it should go to the "hall of fame". However don't neglect 'The offspring" which have a greater scope of going.

Waiting for a lot more from you.

cheeario !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Enjoyed the series

It was well written and the story did have all the right parts. Look forward to your other story submissions!

omgyourmomomgyourmomalmost 12 years ago

Would love to see a sequel! Maybe some sexy time with Aphrodite? :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I hope this isn't the end!

Talemaster...I have really enjoyed your story & hope you continue it.

GorkonGorkonalmost 12 years ago
amazing stuff

Well, that was much fun to read. It was erotic, but not over the top. It had a story that could go silver screen if done right. How about "Clash of the Titans: the non-crappy version!" LOL. But this was a marvelous read and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It ended at just the right time, you really couldn't go further as it would just be too disjointed. A sequel starting 20 years later with a nice prologue would work...food for thought!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
more please

look forward to seeing more installments............. please :-))

harb88harb88almost 12 years ago
A great read...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. Being an Aussie the characters really spoke to me, all of them felt like real people, even though they might be gods, humans or blueys. The story was a brilliant mix of ancient mythology crossed with sci-fi. Even though it reads a bit like a fantasy story I didn't cringe at the crossover between magic and technology (which is truly impressive). I only have one small problem with the story. There didn't seem to be much conflict. What I mean is that everything went Alec's way. There was nothing in the story that caused a set back to Alec or to his project, although this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just think it would have made Alec's triumphs all the more sweeter if he had had to fight for them a bit more. For example, the conflict with Ares was made impotent by Lachesis giving it away. Perhaps if Alec had been forced back a few steps at this point, or somehow fallen out of favour with the gods for a while, the stories tension would have been much better and given way to a much sweeter ending. But still a very solid story scattered with lots of well thought out ideas. I enjoyed reading this as much as any recent novel I have read. I actually don't come on to Literotica to read erotica anymore. I mostly come here for some of the most amazingly well written sci-fi and fantasy stories. I have yet to read your Offspring series, so I hope to be suitably impressed by that as well. Job well done, I am a fan for life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Good Yarn

G'day Bruce,

Great story, not sure how it would translate outside Australia due the ocker dialogue, which was enjoyable because it was never over the top and because it brought back memories of those great characters that inhabited the Ettamogah in Bill Maynards classic cartoons.

Not being a writer, I can't imagine how hard it is to write, but if possible a sequel would be great as I really got to like the characters.

Regards

Al

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Great story!! Thoroughly enjoyed it, could easily be be published as a regular book and be a bestseller. Hoping for a sequel!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
fantastic

The best compliment I have is..."I couldn't put it down." Thank you

Cooch6512Cooch6512almost 12 years ago
Add me to the list of impressed!

Loved it. I hope you are writing on the "outside" as well because I would read all that you produce....of course please keep it up here!! Loved the theme, and the flesh of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great story mate, hope there is a sequel coming

Thanks mate this is one of the best story I read in this site.

This is the kind of story you cant stopped reading until the end and still wishing for more. I hope there will be a sequel to the story.

Wishing you all the best with your writing and waiting for a sequel for this story.

hal1951hal1951over 11 years ago

I from USA and the dialog did translate very well. This is without a doubt one of the very best stories on the NET. Your characters were superbly written and the plot was easily followed. Great writing. I will join so many others in wishing for a sequel. Best wishes in all of your literary pursuits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Superb

Much thought & planning went into this magnificent creation. Editing was great making for a quality read!

MORE

PLEASE!

Cheers,

Ya can have a beer now,

John.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
loved the story

I loved reading this story. I simply could not put it down. The characters felt very realistic. I very much enjoyed the mythology with a sci-fi twist. I also appreciated how you did not overplay the eroticism but still managed to keep it ever present. That said I hope you countinue to write this story knowing that I and many other fans will be awaiting your decision.

StoryStalkerStoryStalkerover 11 years ago
One of the Best Stories. Period.

Your story is hands down one of the best I have ever read. It was a departure for me from my usual fare of highly erotic and deviant fiction, as I imagine it was for a lot of people who are used to racier fare here on Literotica. That being said, it lacked NOTHING. The sex scenes, if you want to call them that, were appropriate in tone for the flow of the story. And what a story it was. It was an engrossing a read as anything I have ever read, be it online or on hardback. I don't know if you are planning on continuing the story but you should know that there are many like myself who would be ecstatic at the chance for another view into this epic world that you have created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
eagerly waiting for more adventures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a great story. I am eagerly waiting for more chapters and adventures of Alec..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent

the best so far want a part 6,7,8

cheers!!!

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 11 years ago
Absolutely brilliant!

Great fun to read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
´Nuff said.

I agree with StoryStalker, on every point! enough said.

McLovin6787McLovin6787over 11 years ago
great read

Overall a very good story, one of the best i have ever read whether on literotica or other novels hands down. Down played the erotic parts a little too much but not a problem at all to enjoy the imagination of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Help!

I am writing some stories too, erotic and non-erotic. I love the style of your writing and perhaps we can form an alliance to helping each other...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More!

God this story was BRILLIANT. Please continue it with a follow up series!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
THANK YOU

Beautifully written. Couldn't stop reading it. Please continue with your writing. Would love to see more of your work. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

A beautiful and well written story. My favorite above all. Keep up the good writing and can't wait for your next work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Well done mate!

A wonderful tale, well told. I hope a sequel is one day posted. Loved reading ockerism in text. One thing to think on, if you continue with the possum, have Bruce mention he has hexed the claws. They are razor sharp to climb trees etc and scratch and cut anything they climb. I have some faded scars as proof :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic

Douglas Adams meets Discworld!! Quite possibly one of the most enjoyable reads for a long time. Keep up the great work and look forward to the sequel.

technowildytechnowildyover 10 years ago
Outstanding

A brilliant story and I look forward to a sequel, if you plan on writing one (which i hope you do).

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Greatness!

This story is the first Online Fantasy "Novel" I have read. It was amazing! I realize I most likely won't find one that is on par with this though! Great job in the writing and plot line of the story! I hope that you continue writing this series. I spent the better part of 2 months reading whenever I could to continue my interests in it. I could not stop from coming back for more!!!

dliterdliterover 10 years ago
This is tied with my previously number 1 Sci-Fi story!

This story is tied with "The Fate of Terra" as my all time favorite stories. Absolutely love it and hope that somehow it is continued on it's present path!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
pray pray pray

I really pray you hope to write a sequel for this! It is an amazing piece! Great read :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Remarkable work

This has been the most enjoyable read I have had in years. It is rare indeed for stories on this site to leave me intellectually satisfied (though admittedly that is not the niche it caters to, and that's fine by me), but in severe fits of helpless giggling. This story has made me laugh so hard to the point of tears and vomiting and now my stomach feels like I swallowed an echidna.

Thank god it's over. Any more and you would've killed me.

Jerk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Turn this into a TV series

Hi. You should seriously consider turning this into a TV series. Look at Game of Thrones as models and "This is the End". Of course, you will need to clean it up and change the drinking somewhat so it does not encourage teen drinking, but the rest is great. It is very unexpected and the concept of an average guy suddenly being visited by the Gods from Mt. Olympus is fantastic. Hope you will consider it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
MAKE MORE CHAPTERS

dude you should either make a book series out of this and or make more chapters this is what writing is all about this has a great plot and is comedy gold and an adventure novel mix into one amzing story

just put some thaught into it is all im asking

DRGRIFFINDRGRIFFINover 9 years ago
Incredible piece...

I only gave you five stars, because I cannot give you fifty. This piece was spellbinding from the first paragraph. Excellent story line and character development. Please continue to either expound on this genre or any other your fancy takes you to. I will be eagerly awaiting its arrival.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story so far

i dont remember when i laughed so much on stories here, this was a great pleasure to read and i hope there will be more, best of luck, and merry christmas

SabretSabretover 9 years ago
Wonderful, Wonderful

What a great story, even without the sex it was a marvelous tale. Absorbing and humerous, fantastiche.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So bummed that this story ended. Sequal time!!! Great read with minimal typos :-)

More more more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More please

Please keep going with the story, I've read it three times already

mtmaninbluemtmaninblueover 8 years ago
Fantastic writing an story!

Loved it. Look forward to reading more of your stuff. Great humor, good dialog, great story line. Sequal maybe?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Different ending

I read the serie some years ago and seem to remember a different ending with Alec having a go at the machines. Am I confused or did you alter the ending in order to prepare the next chapter? I hope it is so.

The story also appeared for sale on Amazon. I reported it as it did not seem to be sold by you. If I was wrong, please accept my apologies. I would be more than happy to buy your book as a thank you for all the pleasure you gave me and I am pretty sure other readers would do the same.

TarlosoTarlosoalmost 6 years ago
Great

Thks. Original,funny,well written. Pity the sequel was unwritten but who knows what happened in the real world. It was a pleasure to read

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Turn it into a TV series

Hi,

You should seriously think about turning this into a TV series. You would have to clean it up a bit, but the fun is the following Alec through the twists and turns of his relationships with Gods of Olympus, rather than just the sex. You easily have enough material for 5 years (100 shows) and if you go on with the war with the machines 3 to 5 more after that. The one change I would suggest is make Alec a regular, but well-read working class guy who writes on the side and who knows college professors, doctors, programmers, etc., because he's worked for them as a tradesman (Ex: he's their plummer, electrician, auto mechanic, etc.). It adds the element of a fish out of water while making the character more relatable and his ability to out maneuver the Gods would be based on common sense developed over a decade or more of solving everyday problems.

There are many shows you could draw inspiration from including regarding tone and style, Stargate Atlantis, Dr. Who, Hercules, Xena, Babylon 5 and The Big Bang Theory to name a few. Best of luck and I hope you give it a try. - The God of Bla Bla...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great read

I have read and reread this story several times and enjoyed each time .

It has cheered me up and made me smile each time .I am just an ordinary bloke who enjoys a good story .Thank you Talemaster for the enjoyable experience

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Bloody beady!!!!!

Dear Talemaster,

Mate, what can I say, this story is fucking fabulous. You had me with Bruce, the God of Beer, barbecues and outback dunnies, know this I have been involved in all three since I was a boy, a bloody long time ago. Have read thousands of Literotica stories,

this rates as the best. Had I had Godly powers I would have given your story a ten star rating. Absolutely brilliant writing, will be sending the source of the story to my army mates for their enjoyment.

Take Care

Paul

cindyp1976cindyp1976over 2 years ago

I loved this story I sat and read this for two days and it was so good. I like stories like this that has all the sex you want to read about but actually has a interesting story. I'm sad to see it end

FISHINGDUDEFISHINGDUDEabout 2 years ago

Great story, 2nd read. Please Continue with New Series!

PurplefizzPurplefizz11 months ago

Great story, it had a proper story arc as well, which is something I love, it also had great characters, although for some reason I couldn’t think of anybody except Hugh Jackman as Bruce! The “Blueys” and their planet, along with “Endora” were excellent support characters and plot enablers as well, in fact the world building in several parts was easily as good as many sci-fi books I’ve read. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading this, it’s original, engaging and made me laugh out loud in several places. Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thank you, great reading for summer mornings

daves_not_heredaves_not_here7 months ago

Great series!! You had me LOL a bunch of times.

5 stars for every part!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

nice story, entertaining ideas.. Bit why needs the little shit Alec piss in the morning, then along the day with wine and champagne until an hangover every moning that needet to be treated? So of cause he can go take a piss at the woodpecker tree and piss of like the Assi he is.. So what about the woodpecker and the gods of war? Never heard anything about them after the little shits pissed off. As you may recognize at the beginning the author explained he would not fall into foul language and then everything seemed to be aussie piss and shit? So i like the basic story adapted to our real history and unknown orgin influence but it seems to be grossed over at many points that could made it into an really fantastic piece of imagination.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous