All Comments on 'A Good Idea at the Time'

by HollyIJinks

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
ThatGirl13ThatGirl13over 13 years ago
Loved it!

So sweet and dreamy and sexy...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This author has a knack ...

... for sensuous, yet dirty escapist smut.

Moreover, s/he writes well.

A winning combination every time.

AbdulbenthereAbdulbenthereover 13 years ago
I really enjoyed this story!

I really enjoyed this story!

Well thought out, pleasant presentation. I'd like to see a sequel, explore the relationship between Samantha and the men after the event: Can they be friends... or more?

Abdul ben There

CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaabout 13 years ago
Interesting and ambiguous

I love the way the narrator recounts this episode in a kind of placid, nonchalant way. One gets a strong sense of the kind of person she is, both serious but also unsure of herself and self-recriminating because she really believes she's gotten out of touch, too narrowly focused on her studies and so on.

At the same time (unless I'm missing something!) you've carefully written the story in such a way that we have no 'tell' from Dan and his friends as to what they're really thinking. The reader can either decide Dan is a gentle-hearted hedonist who sees she's letting her hair down and wants to help her maximize this in a safe, consensual way.

Or: you could read him and his friends as completely opportunistic pervs, who get their claws into Samantha because she's in a vulnerable state.

Either way, it's also an interesting story twist to have her leave the party and *then* get into a big sexual situation. One wonders if this totally ruined the plans of the guy who gave her the pill to start with!

I do agree with the comment below, this story reads as sweet and dreamy. I like the sort of narcotic glide of the tale, the way it evokes a kind of deeply immersed sensuality.

BigVic77BigVic77over 9 years ago
Nice story

Nice piece of writing- captured the "E" experience very well. Looking forward to more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHollyIJinks@HollyIJinks
Wouldn’t my answer ruin the mystery? I’ll give you a hint to my age… growing up, my favorite song was Meredith Brooks’ “Bitch”. Why? I’m a bitch I’m a lover I’m a child I’m a mother I’m a sinner I’m a saint And I do not feel ashamed I’m your hell I’m your dream I’m n...

story TAGS