All Comments on 'A Haunting Expansion'

by mistyfdfa

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sorry for the haters.

I don't know why people seem to have it out for you. Your story may not be the next best-seller, but let's face it, that's not why we're here, is it? I enjoyed it.

The best advice I have, is to take your stories of this length, and work on drawing them out a few more pages. Include more backstory, give more personality to the characters. They have the start of something very good.

I notice that nearly all the scenes are directly about the main plot of growth, which are good, but it could be greatly improved by, pardon the pun, filling out the gaps. Give the characters regular things to do as well, normal situations to be in, and then deal with them growing or grown in the process. For example, you just had one line about the taxi. That is a perfect place for a scene like that.

I read your other story, Unexpected Afterglow. That is a perfect example of what I mean by filling out the gaps. It doesn't tell a very full story, but it would fit perfectly as a smaller part of a series or a longer story.

I look forward to more of your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Yeah, someone is clearly out to troll you - judging from the similary in writing style in the comments it's probably just one very sad person. My advice would be to ignore these completely irrelevant, unhelpful and incendiary comments and focus on the massive positive response you're getting from -actual- people.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous