A Jaguar's Mate Ch. 03 Page 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A knock sounded at the bedroom door. She had the bathroom door open, having been too distraught to do anything beyound close the bedroom door and rush to the bathroom. She needed space. Was that so hard for the idiot man to understand?

"Go away!" she shouted.

"Ye need to eat. The food is done." He called out.

Somehow that made her even angrier. "What, you want me to sit across from you and pretend to be we're a happy couple?"

Silence greeted her question. She waited him out wondering if he had just left at her outburst. There was no sound, even her heightened hearing caught nothing, but he was a master of stealth and she doubted she would hear him even if she had her ear to the door.

"I will leave a tray by your door." He finally replied. She didn't hear him but somehow she knew he was gone and she took a deep steadying breath.

She should be happy he was gone. Somehow she was deflated. She just wanted to curl up in her bed and forget the world existed, right after a long soak and maybe that food tray he had mentioned.

When she opened the door after washing her face she found the tray outside her door. It wasn't much a bowl of soup, some toast and butter but as hungry as she was she found it to be heaven. After she inhaled it all she drew herself a bath and cried as her day finally overwhelmed her. How was she going to process the overwhelming information she had just been given?

As his mate she would be queen of the shifters, how would she handle that when she had so much trouble running her own life? From what she could see she had no choice and if by some miracle she could bring herself to kill him he had said their kind gained the power of those they killed so she would have more problems. Still stuck with ruling a people she had had no idea existed just that morning. In a word screwed.

12