All Comments on 'A Life Changing Event'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Awesome as usual! Thank you DG Hear!

Bd4554Bd4554about 9 years ago

Very nice story. A pleasure to read, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
well written

Thank you, it was a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good story

Thank you for another GOOD STORY,I always like reading anything, that you write.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THE TEAMSTERS INSTILL LOYALTY

as well as promptness. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loved FINDING a new DG Story!

The story: Simple, Sweet, and Good!

But at first, I couldn't understand why this WASN'T in Loving Wives? Then, I was wondering why not Romance? I hate to think that you might view yourself as "too old", for the other categories. But then, I thought more about the word "Mature". And I realized that that IS what you have been needing: A more mature audience, who can properly appreciate you.

Well, fair enough.

I hope that this category choice plays out well for your voting scores. I, of course. gave you a five, as well you deserve. But....

Don't forget, that you DO have some loyal fans left over in LW land. I have missed the way you combine emotion and frustration in your spot-on characterizations of betrayal. Are you sure that you are COMPLETELY done with that genre?

Well, if so, fine. It is still easy enough for your real fans to find you, whatever the category.

Thanks so much! I'm just happy to see you still contributing, and look forward to the next!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Oh, DG Hear! You did it again. You took her to Red Lobster!

I kept waiting for you to ask her to dinner, because I knew where you were headed. I loved the story, as usual. 5 Stars.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 9 years ago
Charming

Ah, if only it could always be like that. Thoroughly enjoyable.

LVGirlLVGirlabout 9 years ago
As Always

A lovely, charming story, DG Hear. I don't know how you can do it time after time. I'm always grateful that you continue to share with us.

john22307john22307about 9 years ago
Beautiful

You left it so you can add more which I think you should it is a 10 in my book.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
Very nice romance - moving on and living well

Too bad about the dui and wreck, however, all, is well that ends well. Five starts!

oshawoshawabout 9 years ago

Loved the story.

Formbdy2k2011Formbdy2k2011about 9 years ago

Your story is my story in some small way. Thank you for a great story!!

joe6099joe6099about 9 years ago
Again the best

You are my favorite author (and as far as I am concerned the best author) on this site. I wish there were more than 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderful Story

A wonderful and well written story. A lot of guys would more than likely be able to relate to the changes that often happen between couples as their interests go in separate directions. Good to see he ended up happy and well, not bitter and twisted.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
A sad, but romantic story

I wish, after he had been drinking in a bar, and you had him wisely get a motel room, he had slept it off before driving home. He could still have had the remorse. The regret over the marriage could have been enough to bring on plenty of dark clouds. And Helen could have helped him cope with the emotional pain without a DUI.

just sayin.

phd70phd70about 9 years ago
A Fine Tale!

Enjoyed this story a great deal. The first marriage was sad but produced fine children for Henry, and then grandchildren. Helen and he made a great and happy couple! Thanks DGH . Dan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So believable

I really enjoyed this story. At every turn events were so believable. Life is filled with happy and sad moments. Henry and Helen had their share of both in ways I could identify with. The intimacy adds to the story rather than trying to be the story. And best of all the good guys win! Thanks for a great read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A true story?

Seems like it's nonfiction.

Tell Charmbright I found 3 misspellings. "Wielding" (which should be Welding) and a few others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Could only get half way through...

...before I quit.

Not one of your better one's.

chytownchytownabout 9 years ago
Great Read****

Thanks for sharing.

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 9 years ago
Very Good Story

Very realistic concept and pretty much describes the death of a relationship. Noticed that neither partner really "worked" to enliven their faltering relationship, opting to just let things go. It wasnt much of a surprise when the divorce was proposed. Overall, I thought the story flowed well and seamlessly.

Thanks for the good read.

Please keep writing.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 9 years ago
Does divorce really take that long?

Henry's divorce is barely dry at the time of the party and Mare has been dating for two years? And Chet has only been divorced about a year.

I guess Mare wanted everything lined up when she dropped the hammer. While it does sound like both of them sort of gave up on the marriage well before it ended, she seems to have been looking for an out for a while. Hard to believe that would not have gotten back to Henry.

wkwimpwkwimpalmost 9 years ago
A grand and happy yarn!

A little editing might have helped, but maybe the writing was characteristic of a trucker's notes intentionally to add colour.

Truly a fine story and great life lesson. Thank you.

"wkwimp"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
It's a good tale!

Why didn't they marry? So mare was cheating with Chet. There are seniors and she or he could leave at any time. You would think they would get hitched.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
not bad

but, drunken truck driver? fucking stupid...

texcavemantexcavemanover 8 years ago
I KEPT WAITING

I kept waiting to read Willie Nelson was on his radio singing ON THE ROAD AGAIN.

I grinned when I read not once but twice about his son completing wIElder school. I always enjoy reading any story by DGH. He has caused a lot of smiles on my face and no doubt his fans/readers.

THOSE THAT CAN, WRITE for us who can't write. Those of us that can't obviously read and it is always good to read a story from someone as talented as DGH.

In case you didn't understand, I am in the CAN'T WRITE group and I am a reader.

MullendersMullendersover 8 years ago

good story! he could have en should have stood his ground early on in his marriage against her mother. i think then her mom wouldnt have been able to change her.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Nice

A great tale. Henry is a good man and he is getting the happy life he's earned.

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
Great tale

Would have loved for him to have the vasectomy reversed, and have her fall pregnant. And, to top it off, Mare is unhappy? Let's get her some cheese to go with her whine! And no it's not a typo. I'm old fashioned in this, if she didn't want more kids let her get her tubes tied, why should he suffer?

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 8 years ago
Let's hear it . . .!!!

Let's hear it for the "blue collar crowd" most of America is "blue collar" I am and so was my father and grandfather and most of my friends and while my wife(of 30 years) and I have some friends who are college educated most are not snobs.

I loved this story I gave it 5 stars let's hope DG Hear has a few more goodies like this one up his sleeve !!!

GoodhueGoodhueabout 8 years ago
Very Nice!

- Nice to see a good guy end up happy.

- Good thing Mare decided to ditch him and go for the life she really wanted.Turns out that no man can fight through her rich bitch dreams though.

- It seems that he just didn't care,

being dumped by the unhappy Mare.

He ended up happy,

while Mare's life was crappy.

They just weren't meant as a pair.

flarebel2327flarebel2327about 8 years ago
L D O

use to drive over the road , but had a wife much like Mare her parents though she married down. told me if I didn't get off the road she was leaving 6 months later she left , best thing she ever did for me.

CarnilliaCarnilliaalmost 8 years ago
A good story.

I enjoyed your story and your writing. Simple with just the right amount of information.

the only thing that didn't fit was his reaction when Mare left him. Was he really so stupid that he didn't moticed that she didn't lvoed him? Come on I would had divorced the ice queen a lot ago. Nice story. any way.

donjuan1954donjuan1954about 7 years ago
Nice

Thanks, enjoyed it. More story than sex - thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* Meh

Long boring weak...wimpy cuck crap....loser husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another good one

A beginning, a middle and an good end.

What more could a reader ask ?

Thanks, Kipper,

HP

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 6 years ago
Great story

Sometimes good good guys win but not enough on Literotica. I noticed Mare did cheat because it says she dated dushbag two years even before he divorced. The cheating cunt did him a favor divorcing him but... he didn't seem to put much effort into saving his failing marriage either. Oh well life happpens.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Just As Sweet The Second Time

I read this one many moons ago, enjoyed it then, and even more this time, thanks! Don't know of any reason they shouldn't get married, though.... ;-)

wkwimpwkwimpover 6 years ago
Still great yarn!

Thanks for such a warm and realistic yarn. I can see not marrying -- children and family inheritances, worry that the act will precipitate old "Mare-type" problems, and just being so into life that it is not needed. I do wish they had a church in their lives and then marriage would be wonderful corrective action. Thanks again!

"Bill Wimp" Wimpenney

YvesmiYvesmiabout 6 years ago
Not my favourite

Your hero, the way you describe him, is not a very interesting character, rather boring. He is a truckdriver and is content with that. His father in law was one, but did not remain one.

Then, I guess every woman likes being called “horse” (mare).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Yvesmi, how far down did you have to dig to come up with those pathetic attempts at criticism? Grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
To Yvesmi

You remind me of my ex-wife. She came from the same side of the tracks as I. I started out as a mechanic mostly working for myself. Yet I was never satisfied with the status quo, always learning something new to be better than the others. I ended up in the automotive performance aftermarket owning my own shop and became recognized on a nationwide level. My ex-wife was very spoiled to say the least. Even though she had her own car she often called wanting me to bring her milk, bread, beer or cigarettes home for lunch so she didn't have to get out. Then at 5:00 she would start calling wanting to know when I would be home. Her best friend, married to a lawyer, convinced her I was beneath her so after 19 yrs she divorced me. Best thing that ever happened to me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice

It would have been nice if Made got some pay back,she finding her new husband with another woman and that he had gambling debts and couldn't pay the mortgage so they had to move to a trailer till they got divorced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

An excellent story, not worthy of criticism. It would have been nice if they married and Mare's apparent discontent was discussed more. NTL, a very nice love story, and a witness of the better aspects of man/woman love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Agree

I agree with the nice comment.It would have been good to see Mare and her parents suffer eg Mare's new is husband is married,he never got divorced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice

It would have been nice to read that Mary caught Chester with an other woman and he left her.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I'll add a "Nice!"

It is good to see the good guy win and he did it without hurting himself or braking his principles. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
i really enjoyed this

the booze thing feels cliche' though. i know it's accurate to real life.

but i have never drank booze while sad. maybe because of growing up with a drunk parent that was dangerous to themselves and others. only until they cleaned up did i feel safe.

i was afraid to even drink booze for a long time. it may have helped me become cautious about my drinking. the one time i was drinking and sad happened because bad news hit me AFTER the fact. and i drank a bunch of water and went on a walk. i'm not the smartest person or anything like that, but i value self control.

drink when you're merry, not upset. you know what i did once? i let out my inner pain by going NUTS with a piece of rebar in an empty concrete room. Sparks flew everywhere. No damage. And it helped....a lot actually. i'm not being snarky here, because what you wrote is believable. i just wish it wasn't ALWAYS booze in these stories. sometimes it's not, but it feels rare. one time a guy threatened my dog. i punched a brick wall when i got home, did pushups till near exhaustion. with my emotions under control, i walked right back (alone) to that man's house, and walked right up to his face....calmly asked him, "what now?" he actually apologized. maybe it was my bloodly knuckles, but i'm proud of getting myself under control. being cheated on is rough. and she cheated at least emotionally. sorry for rambling. your stories and stories like it are a bit therapeutic for me, so thank you.

Baddogie59Baddogie59about 5 years ago
Great read

I enjoyed this story very much.

Always nice to see the good guy get the prize.

I have always said money can't buy love but it sure is nice when you find love and it happens to come with the money.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Soft

He was a soft touch for Mary in the divorce .He should not have let her have all the money and he should have countered sued on grounds of adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Ahhh

So the bad been cheating for 2 years.

Should have wrote in some revenge.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good story

So good old Mary had been cheating for two years? Glad he got the better deal with Helen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Easy to identify the author.

Reading a lot of his stories indicates: He really enjoys giving oral sex to women....He has had a rather miserable marriage....He loves and is thrilled being with older women...He is proud of his children...Not all of his stories have completely predictable ending. All in all, his stories are heartwarming. Author, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Howcome

How come Jim was driving his truck if he wrote off on agree?.If he didn't right it off why would he need to go with Boyd to the dealers to buy a new one.?

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
TWO KINDRED SOULS WAITING TO MEET

when those souls are loyal and true.....life rewards.....TK U MLJ LV NV

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 4 years ago
No revenge

No revenge is necessary. The best revenge is living a good and happy life.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
26thnc caught it also she cheating for 2 years

Why get drunk story says drifted apart basically only sharing housing due to kids?

He got better deal with Helen

And he did cheat also going to lunches sharing emotions etc

That is cheating

Never understand why people don't realize that anything you do that should be only with spouse is cheating

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
@jtwheels — it can happen very gradually.

I started having lunch with a woman from work. I didn’t consider that attractive at first — she was a bit of a goth chick, you know long black dress with combat boots, coaled eyes, and weird dyed hair. But going to lunch with others from work I discovered she was nice, told hilarious stories, and was just... interesting. After awhile we had lunch together 3-4days a week. I knew I liked her as a friend a lot. I also noticed, under the weird clothes, make up, and hair she was attractive, but I actually worked with several women who were cute to downright gorgeous, whom I sometimes mildly flirted with; I never “flirted” with Goth Chick like I did with these other women. I just really liked her. Let me put it this way, if she were a dude I’d be having a bro-mance with her. No sexual component to it (at least consciously), but if we would have seen each other outside of work much we’d probably have been best friends.

Then about a year and a half-two years after the first lunch I sat up in the middle of my bed, next to my long time girl friend, and realized I had just had an erotic dream about my Goth Chick friend. “Oh shit!” Best friend material, and now lust. “I think I’m in love with her.” Damn.

Nothing ever came of it. I kept my new feelings hidden from her as I was involved romantically with someone else, and also I didn’t want to risk screwing up a good friendship. Admittedly, if she had shown one drop of romantic interest in me I’d probably have been all over her. Within a year after my “realization” she got a job in a new city. 20 years later she is married and has a teenaged son. We still keep in some contact with each other, maybe emailing each other 3-4x per year. To this day I still wonder sometimes “What if...?”

Sam37Sam37almost 4 years ago
“...dating for 2 years...”

I would have liked to see at least a paragraph dedicated to this issue.

Her boss was dating her while she was married. Many school districts have a morals clause in the contracts for administrators.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
What

What about Ambers wedding?.It would have been nice to have read how he walked

her down the aisle,him and Helen hosting a top class reception,and him dancing the mother of the bride dance with Helen not Mare

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Too predictable coupled with stilted writing

I sort of liked the story and wished I could give a higher grade. But, writing is very stilted, and the story line too unrealistic while lacking any drama.

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

Another great story. I swear one of the this person can some of the best stories. I plan on reading every dam one of them. One after another. I guess I will start back at the top. Think this make 12 so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

If Mary dated dingleberry for 2 yrs, that means she was married when she did it. Seems odd, in 2 years she never had sex with him... Ya right, she's just a "high class" whore. He and Helen should get married and maybe make a little one to go camping with them...

DoublespotDoublespotover 3 years ago

Excellent, Could not put down until I finished reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Another chapter

Make them honest people get married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Mary is a superficial woman who believes that wealth and being a socialite is the way to happiness. Not. She is sad in her new life and I think she deserve it.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Excellent story... so enjoyable! Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Overall pretty good story, gave it 4 stars. But I didn’t think that the “ Chet masterbater” comment was addressed. He has been here for 3 years, divorced for one, dating the ex wife for two. Don’t you think that should have started some type of dialog?

iseeyoufly1964iseeyoufly1964almost 3 years ago

Great story! I really enjoy the ones that do not have all the graphic sex through out...5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for this excellent story. 5 stars +++. This writing contains so many details that are true IRL (in real life).

Mary has the level of happiness she deserves. She is a shallow women with priorities that are wrong: wealth and looks only. Helen is a much more solid and dependable asset for a solid and lasting relationship. Her head is screwed up right on her shoulders.

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The wife was nothing more, than a narcissist bitch. Maybe she is happy with “ clit masturbater”, but really, who cares? The guy found a woman who respects him for who he really is, and that’s all that matters. 5 stars!

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

Great story. I gave it 5 stars. It looks like Henry found a good woman in Helen. Mary and Henry were never suited for each other. I am glad it worked out for him in this story. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, as always. Mary thought her husband was beneath her. She started whoring with McMasters before either were divorced. She deserves nothing but bad luck and Henry is finally happy, as is his semi-wealthy girlfriend. They should be married, invite Mary and asshole. Mary deserves to have McMasters cheat on her it would serve her right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Heart-warming, thanks for sharing...!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Irresponsible drunk bastard married out of his league, never had much of a marriage with mighty Mary and goes and meets with an accident! Stupid cunt

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So Mary was dating Chet while still married and the rich greedy bitch still wanted all the money!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When I hear people belittle the man that works with his hands, it makes me real mad. If it wasn't for that person, we'd be in a world of shit...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Mary proved, although a mother, she's a cheating, skanky whore. She was fucking Mc Masters while still married to Henry. She deserves to have him fuck somebody else, get an incurable disease and give it to her to suffer horribly before the slut kicks the bucket.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It would’ve been nice to know if Mary had any regrets about leaving the the man who loved her more than anything.

Mary’s mother poisoned her against her marriage and seduced her into the snobbish socialite life, and her middle class husband was not to be apart of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Compelling story. I gave it four stars. The pace was the only thing I felt was off a bit. But anyway, good job!

JPB

woodrangewoodrangeabout 1 year ago

Another great read, really enjoy your writing

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story,would have been better if Chester had been caught cheating on Mare.

622762278 months ago
Three drinks at the party?

After already getting a DUI. Would have thought dear old Dad wouldn't approve.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

4 stars. Good tale with passion lacking.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Could see the ending at the beginning. Oh well!!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

What's wrong with marrying again? Stability is good.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...