A Love Story: Peter and Kim

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Earl and Bria were spending a quiet night at home when the phone rang. It was Brett. He was concerned because he was unable to reach any of his siblings or their spouses.

Isla told him to call his parents because she felt a sense of foreboding as well. Brett hugged his wife and made the call. Bria quickly called Andrew, then Cici. After that she tried Daniel and Dina.

She was about to call Emily when her phone rang. It was Peter.

"Mom, can I come over? I need to tell you something." That was all he said. Bria knew instantly that something was wrong. "Peter, what is going on?" she demanded.

Earl took the phone, "Come on."

Daniel drove. Andrew called Cici. Kim was distressed. Peter wanted to talk to her but Andrew wouldn't give him the phone. Soon they were at their parent's home.

Earl and Bria were stunned. Never in a million years did they expect this. Before she could stop herself, Bria slapped her son across the face, catching him off guard. Peter fell over from the force of the impact. Earl grabbed her. Andrew and Daniel helped Peter up off of the floor.

"How could you? How could you do this to her? That woman loves you Peter and you betrayed her like this," Bria ranted, her heart breaking for Kim, the quietest of all four young women.

Peter sobbed. "Momma, it was just a fling. Kim was never supposed to know. I didn't mean to hurt her."

"You hurt her the moment you went inside someone else. You betrayed her Peter, and now you expect her to accept this child. She never..." Bria froze. "Was it her idea to not have children?" she asked suspicious of the answer he would give.

Peter sobbed louder as she understood now. He decided not to father children with his wife, yet he betrayed her and fathered a child with someone else.

"Where is Kimberly?" Bria demanded, feeling angrier by the minute. Andrew explained that Cici had taken her to their home. Bria glared at her son, noting the red bruise from her striking him. For a moment, she felt remorse. Then she thought of Kim as she marched past him and out of the door. Earl stopped her. "I need to see her Earl. I need to make sure she is going to be ok." Bria whispered. Earl stepped aside and let her go.

Bria left and Earl glared at his son. "What happened son?" he asked. He sat as Peter explained the whole sordid affair. He was stunned. Kim was so quiet. She only came around the family when Peter was with her. If he worked, she stayed home. When they first married, she was interested in fashion. As a gift for her, Earl invested in a shop at a local mall, and asked Kimberly to run it. She worked hard and for a few years, barely turned a profit. Earl tried to pay her a salary, but she insisted on living on her earnings from her shop.

He was worried, but his daughter in law was a fashion guru., Eventually, her shop grew and became a success. People from all over the globe wanted her creations. When she reported for her first earning meeting, her company showed little growth. Now it was a major asset in their family coiffeurs. Earl knew she worked too much. Often when they had get togethers, she came but would always leave early. Peter was often on call, and everyone knew she was devoted to him.

Peter used her, took advantage of her love, and hurt her in the worst way imaginable. Earl exhaled. "You need to fix this, Peter. That woman did not deserve this. If I had known how you treated her, I would have beat your ass myself. I didn't raise you like this. You know better. I am disgusted with you, right now." Earl hissed.

Peter flinched. He hated disappointing his parents and right now, everyone was disappointed in him. But that did not matter. Right now, his wife, Kim, was all that mattered. He had to talk to her. He had to get her to take him back. This time, he had to earn her forgiveness once more.

Andrew and Daniel shared a look as Earl walked out. They helped their brother to stand and decided to be there for him. "Look, I don't like what you have done, but you are my brother. I love you man, and despite the fact I want to stomp you into the ground right now, I'm here for you." Daniel whispered.

Peter sighed, "Danny, help me get her back. She likes you. She'll listen to you. I have to take my son, but we can be a family. I mean you adopted Dina's little girl and she was not yours. This is just a little bit different."

Andrew scoffed. "You are a stupid asshole; that is a completely different situation. Dina didn't fuck around on him and make a baby with someone else, stupid. Do you love her? Because if you don't let her go, but if you do, then fight for your marriage. I love you and I am here for you, but hear me clearly. I am doing what's best for Kim. If she takes you back, it will be because she chose to. I won't try and influence her in anyway."

Bria drove into Andrew's driveway and Cici opened the door.

"Where is she?" Bria asked.

Cici led her to the room where everyone was with Kimberly. "Kimberly, sweetheart, I am so sorry. I wish I could fix this. My son is an ass and I want you to know I support you in whatever you need to do."

Kimberly returned her mother-in-laws embrace. "Mrs. Graves, this is something I must deal with on my own, but thank you for just caring." Kim whispered.

"You have always kept us at a distance. You never truly let any of us in. With the exception of Brett, Peter is the only person you talked to." Bria exhaled. "Did he ban you from being open with us?"

Kim froze, and Bria began to shake. She had seen this many times but she never thought it would affect her family. "Kim, despite everything, we are here for you. You are not going through this alone. Peter is my son and I love him, but he will not be allowed to get away with this."

"Peter never banned me from you. He needed me at home with him more so, and I just like being by myself mostly. You can't abandon him. He has a child, Mrs. Graves. You can't deny your grandson. I won't be a party to that." Kim whispered.

Bria knew she was right, and that's why this was so hard. In the end they had to choose. Either they would be a part of Peter's life with his son, or they would reject them and be loyal to Kim. Kim smiled as the light in Bria's eyes dimmed. She knew and she was ready to accept it. She was never really one of them. Her time in Peter's life was over. Kim looked away. She had to get up and move on, but how.

Bria spoke once more, "Kim, I don't know what is going to happen here. I don't know if you two can work through his and be OK. I do understand why you would want to leave. But Kimberly, he is just a man. Never, ever, let anyone, man or woman make you lose who you are. I remember when we met you for the first time a little over eight years ago. You were so unlike any of the other girls Peter dated. But overtime, we saw how much you loved him. You kept his secrets; even though they tore you up inside. You gave him everything he demanded of you even to the detriment of your own happiness. He doesn't deserve you." Bria concluded

Kim exhaled, and for the first time, she felt alright. She was not alone and despite what happened tomorrow, for now her family surrounded her.

Earl returned. He had tome to compose himself. Facing his three sons, he addressed Peter. "What do you want to do now?"

Peter took a deep breath, "I need to take custody of Jose and then convince my wife to stay with me."

"She might not stay this time son. You went too far. I have to be honest with you. If she leaves, I will help her in any way I can." Earl stated frankly. "The boutique is hers. I'm giving it to her whether she stays or goes. She can keep it or sell it. It's her choice."

Peter exhaled. Right now the wound was too raw, too fresh. They needed time, tonight he'd go home and wait for her. Tomorrow however was another day. Tomorrow he would win his wife back. Tomorrow after he picked up his child, he'd try and fix what he had broken.

The four men stopped and just looked at each other. To say they were disappointed would be an understatement. However, Peter always flirted with danger. He tried to still pretend he was single. Trips to the clubs, hanging out with friends, and drinking were a few of his vices. But they knew he loved Kim.

Earl was torn. He failed as a father. He raised his sons to respect women. He placed their mother above all except God. He thought his sons did the same. He exhaled. For the most part, they did. He had no idea what happened with Peter. Brett called and for some reason, he didn't want to tell him what was going on over the phone. Brett adored Kim and he would go after Peter for hurting her. He and Isla had been married a short time, but Earl knew he would never do something like this to her. Brett would not give Peter a chance to explain.

Peter looked at his Dad. "I'm sorry. I hate that I let you down..."

"Stop. You are sorry you got caught. You are sorry that Kim knows the truth. You are not sorry. If you were, you would have ended it when she caught you. Better yet, she never would have caught you, because it never would have happened." Earl hissed.

Andrew grew concerned. Dad was angry. In his forty something years on this planet, he never saw him this upset. His mother surprised him as well. She never struck them, but tonight, she struck Peter.

"Peter, let's go." Andrew whispered.

The three brothers stood together and left. Peter did not want to go home right now. Kim was not there. Emily's was close by, so Andrew called his friend. Snake answered immediately, He was watching the baby and concerned. Emily called earlier and told him something had happened with Peter and Kim. She wanted to stay with Kim a while longer.

He opened the door immediately. The guys came in and Peter once again revealed his hidden secret. Snake didn't attack, judge, or even scoff at him. He looked at his friend and asked one question. "What are you going to do now?"

The men froze. But Andrew smiled. Snake never wasted time. He always got straight to the point. It was if he had a seventh sense.

"Man, you have bigger problems than a pissed off wife. Your kid has no idea who you are because he has never met you. His mother is gone, and I bet he has relatives ready to take him. Some might care, but others see a cash cow in him. You may be his birth father, but right now you are not his Dad." Snake explained.

Peter exhaled. Snake was right. He had to man up.

"Call Isla. She's a social worker, and can tell you what to expect." Snake continued.

Peter nodded. He knew he'd have to deal with his younger brother, but protecting his son took place first. The men talked and soon, they needed to head home. Emily returned and glared at her older brother. The hurt in her eyes slayed him. "Emily, I love..."

"I know you love Kim. I don't understand how you could hurt her like this." Emily whispered, fighting her own tears.

"Emily, I'm sorry." Peter whispered.

Emily glared at her older brother. "You didn't betray me. I'm not the person you hurt." Then she walked out.

The men talked a bit more and decided that they needed go home. They dropped Peter off and drove on to Andrew's.

"Daniel, if she files for divorce, are you still representing him?" Andrew asked

Daniel nodded, "I am his attorney. I'll protect him. I love Kim, but he is my brother."

Andrew nodded. Daniel was vicious in court. He would make sure Kim had a lawyer that was able to stand up to him. Daniel then pulled into Andrew's yard. Both men got out and went inside. Dina hugged her husband, thanking God for such a wonderful man. Cici hugged Andrew as well. Bria was still talking with Kim. The men waited, and each hugged her, reaffirming to her that they cared.

Kim smiled. Peter had a wonderful family. Then it dawned on her. She never really saw them as hers. If she had, then maybe... Bria spoke. "I have to go home. Kim, I want you to stay with one of us for the next week or so. We are here for you. I know we have not been as close in the past, but I hope we can change that."

Kim smiled at her mother-in-law, "Thank you, Mrs. Graves." Bria froze and frowned. Kim exhaled. "Sorry, Thank you, Bria." Her face softened. Kim and Peter had to work through this. She forgave him the first time; maybe she could give him another chance. Not that he deserved it, but Kim deserved it. She deserved a chance to be with her family.

Bria left, and Andrew told Kim she was staying. She started to protest when he, much like his father Earl, spoke with authority. Cici was stunned. He rarely used "the Earl voice", so she knew he was serious.

Kim laughed. Cici joined her, and then both women left a confused Andrew staring after them as they walked away.

The next few weeks flew past, and Kim was slowly adjusting to being single. It was not very hard, she rarely saw her husband anyway because of his work. The only thing that was different was that she now had her own small apartment. She never ran short of visitors, because someone was always checking in. She appreciated it.

Dina stopped by the most. As a stay at home mom, she had more free time. Cici worked and often Dina would watch the bys when they had a school holiday. Kim loved seeing the kids and when Dina would stop by with them on occasion, the two women enjoyed each other's company. Kim confided in Dina, because out of everyone she could relate. Dina never tried to influence her; she just listened. Dina had met Peter's son, and she adored him.

One day as she was at watching her girls and all three boys, Kim stopped by. She met Peter's son for the first time. He knew her. He saw her and went to her immediately. Dina was nervous, but then Jose spoke. "Key, come home now?" he asked.

"Sweetheart, I live someplace else." Kim tried to explain.

"Nooooo! Nooooo! Key come home!" He demanded.

He hugged her tightly.

Two months later, Ms. Lotts, Jose's social worker, called. Kim answered, better able to accept the reality of the situation.Her husband had a child. She had met the baby, and she thought he was so precious. . He was not hers. He was proof of her husband's unfaithfulness. He was the child they should have had together, not the result of his affair with someone else .He was so affectionate. At first, she was wary, but Jose wasn't having it. She was growing to love that little boy.

Peter had an appointment with child services. They wanted to meet with him and his wife to gage the living environment for the little boy. Kim put Staci in charge and went to the office at the allotted time. As soon as she walked in, a cute bundle of energy shrieked Kim and flew at her, hugging her tightly. Peter came and called him, but the little boy was not letting go.

Kim gently separated from him, and then sent him back to Peter.

"No, no, I want Kim." He cried, struggling to get away from his Dad and back to Kim's sweet embrace.

Finally, to calm him down, Kim cuddled him in her lap. Inside, Peter was smiling. If he stood any chance of winning her back, she had to accept his son. His son for some weird reason had already latched on to her. The kid was a charmer, too. It seemed that Kim was unable to resist him.

The social worker came in, but she was not alone. Two people were with her. Kim frowned, because she could see that something was wrong. Jose held on to her tighter.

Mr. and Mrs. Graves, thank you for coming in. As you know, Jose's situation is unique. His mother had several relatives that are willing to take custody of the child. Let me introduce the couple that is with me. This is Fernando and Maria Vega. They are Shania's brother and sister in law. They have traveled here from Mexico with a letter from Shania stating she wanted them to take custody of her son." She exhaled.

"Mr. Graves, as his birthfather, you can decide if you want to honor her wish. The Vegas only ask that you pay moderate support for the child and he no longer will have to interfere in your life. Kim gasped.

"Wait, I don't understand. You want him to give his baby to these people?" She asked.

The social worker faced Kim. "With all due respect, Mrs. Graves, I was addressing your husband. It is his child and his decision. If he wishes to discuss it with you he can, but I can only talk with him." Jose started to fret, and Kim hummed softly to calm him. His aunt reached for him, and the baby refused to go to her. She sat back down, but Kim could see that the baby's rejection hurt the other woman.

The social worker was out of line. She had no reason to speak to his wife in that manner. "Ms. Lotts, I know this is your job. But watch how you address my wife. She asked you a legitimate question and you are being deliberately rude to her. I don't need to think about anything; Jose is my son, and he stays with us." He turned to the Vegas, "I apologized that you wasted your time coming here, but you cannot have my child."

Turning back to the social worker, Peter spoke once more. "You, Miss Lott, have done your job. You got him to me. For that I thank you, but know this, my son and my wife is no longer your concern. Please, if you need to speak with me again, consult my attorney." Standing and taking Kim by the waist, they walked out. Kim held Jose close as the little boy gripped her tightly.

They walked out, Peter called Daniel. He wanted to make sure these people could not take his child. Kim waited. When Peter hang up, he reached for Jose. The little boy went to his father. "No one will take you from us. I promise." He whispered.

Peter looked at his wife, "Kim, can we talk? I know I have no right to ask, but please don't refuse me. Please baby, just listen."

"I have to go back to the boutique. Now is not a good time." Kim answered, as she started to walk away.

Peter grabbed her hand. "Kim, please, talk to me."

"No, I won't let you lie to me. I don't trust you. I have to go. Don't let them take him. You are his father, be his Dad." She whispered, then she walked away.

"Kim, please" Peter called to her retreating back as she walked away.

"Daddy, I want Kim." Jose whispered after she had gone.

Peter hugged his baby boy and whispered, "Me too, son. Me too."

"Mr. Graves, please. We mean no harm. May we talk with you?" Mr. Vega called out as he followed Peter.

Peter turned and faced him. He had them to meet him at a local café. Peter sat, placing José in the booth next to him. "Shania was my younger sister. When she told us of her pregnancy, my wife and I offered to adopt the baby. She refused, but told us if anything happened to her she wanted us to raise him." Fernando explained.

"We don't blame you. He is your son, but we must ask that he be allowed to know his mother's family." Maria requested.

Peter exhaled. He wished Kim was here, but she wasn't so he had to decide on his own. "How long are you going to be here?" He asked.

"We go home the day after tomorrow." Fernando explained.

"OK, join us for dinner tonight. I'll let Kim know." Scribbling his address, he handed it to the other couple.

"May I hold him?" Maria asked.

Peter nodded and passed the baby to him. Jose looked at his aunt and began to squirm wanting to get back to his Dad. The Vegas thanked him and asked what they needed to bring. He told them nothing. Then they left. He needed Kim. It was obvious that she cared for Jose. If anyone could get her to come home, it was his son.

He left the café, buckled in his son, and headed to the mall. The Vegas expected to have dinner with José's parents. Well to do that Momma had to be there.

Kim had just walked into her office when he called. "Kim, the Vegas are coming over for dinner. They want to spend time with Jose. Can you come? I know it's asking a lot, but I was hoping... I mean after the meeting today, it seemed..." He waited. His heart was racing. Would she reject him? Would she say yes. Peter had no clue.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers