All Comments on 'A Loving Wife's Story Ch. 09'

by diagones

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nothing like reading

about two smug and boring people to put me to sleep.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 10 years ago
This one added

a new dimension. She tells us that she indeed will have personal gains from fucking another man. That truth is refreshing. It appears that she is now ready to share. I did not understand the reasoning behind the faked rehearsal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
not enough drama

The author's intention isn't 100% obvious. If nothing is done with the undercurrent of deception and lack of honesty (the 'total sharing' in the context of the story is another joke) then these chapters trail off into a foregone conclusion, lacking tension.

If a reader gets off on the repetitiveness, fair enough. Otherwise, a story needs tension, and the small revelations per story don't contribute much if they only lead to a foregone conclusion.

Two other observations:

The whole 'Scheherazade' thing only makes sense as an illustration of how Sondra romanticizes the trivial. She's telling stories, but her life isn't threatened and I don't recall Scheherazade claiming she had to act out new incredible adventures and make stories from them.

And what's being romanticized? What's being presented as the event of cosmic significance? Early on (Ch 1 or 2) Sondra got on about her inner slut, and she repeats it here. Why slut? I've not in my life met a healthy woman who thought her interest in sex made her a slut. I know they exist, but that only reflects a conservative social upbringing. It is this detail that makes the rhetoric overblown. Sondra may be overcoming inner barriers (to the limited extent that she's even admitting them) but the barriers do not appear to be interesting enough to generate any real drama in the story.

She wants to be fucked by another man. That seems to be it. And the story, while interesting if read as a study of how someone talks themselves out of sexual repression, just has no drama to it if read at face value.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

"My love, my love, my love... Now is the time to carve in stone the truth that rules and will never leave us."

Really? That's like the script of a bad play from the 1820's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The writer

tried to have an intelligent and complex story but it is becoming stale.For your own sake do not write pomposity again until you can weave yourself out of a confusing situation-this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
@ starmanfive

I understand the reasoning behind the fake rehearsal. It is the same reasoning behind every erotic scene in this novel from chapter 1 on. It is about Jamie as much as Sondra. Sondra is the narrative voice and all we know is reported through her eyes ears introspection and emotion. Jamie speaks for himself only in dialog and body language. That’s the only way it can be by the chosen POV. But Jamie has been pursuing an inner self-identity from the get go. That seems to escape many readers who leave comments, who have been conditioned by trite formula and expect Sondra to be a conniving, lying, manipulative, deceitful selfish bitch, and are frustrated because they can’t pin point exactly where this happens.

Diagones wrote a brief introduction to this saga. The last sentence was “This is an emotional and psychological study of erotic impulse and sexual expression.” Sondra’s erotic impulse was to blurt out she got fucked in a motel one time. Jamie’s erotic impulse was a shocking discovery that he wanted to hear every detail of his wife getting fucked that time, and getting so turned on in hearing. Those two impulses joined to become a loving sharing of sexual expression. That’s what this story is about. What it’s ALL about. It is consistent from the get go and has no flaws. There is no deceit anywhere. This story is as much about Jamie’s honesty and courage as it is Sondra’s narration. That makes all the Freudian analysis comment amusing at best

1LuckyRob1LuckyRobover 10 years ago
And the next step is.....

Well, it seems as if we have finally arrived at the next step! Looking forward to reading the next chapter. Will Jamie have cold feet or will Sondra? No not Sondra, she is committed and will proceed in due course but will in be in May?? Can't wait to see!

Gomez333Gomez333over 10 years ago
Talk about long winded

Is there anywhere in the English speaking world that two people talk to each other like this?? Sod the story, the dialogue is hacking me off no end.

katibkatibover 10 years ago
Superb!

Contrary to the opinions of the illiterati, the dialogue within this superbly crafted novella is of a type rarely encountered today but one that does indeed exist. I love the slow-but-measured pace of the gradual unfolding of this in-depth psychological rendering of a most deliciously nuanced progress in the mutual relations of a remarkable, carefully delineated, loving couple. Whoever the author is, male or female, we are given a literary treat of a type rarely provided in LW.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Total

Total bullshit. Loving wife for sure. Loving everyone but her husband.

fullchoketubesfullchoketubesover 4 years ago
Wow

This is sensational writing.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago

Such patience, over so many months. I would think that the husband would feel a bit reassured that she didn’t run out and find a man the minute he gave her his facet approval.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A date with another man would be grounds for divorce. Another wimpy cuckold not in my house

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous