All Comments on 'A Magic Shop'

by Rolemeover

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good idea, but not well worked out

someone can discuss if the end fits the story or not, but definitely it was too short and not properly developed. Just as if you remembered shortly before the ending that you have to justify the title of the story.

Also I'd recommend to have an editor to review your writing style; it's not all bad but could use some improvements. Putting some more details on the "sexual interactions" would make it more enjoyable - at least for me.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 7 years ago
Really good start ...

The "no sex" is just one option. I liked most of it, but the ending felt underwhelming.

Some women may opt out of motherhood at the clinic. That really is an option for some.

Other options include continuing to have sex with the women who want it; they are already pregnant, so that's good for seven-eight months up front. Some might want even more kids -- with that many women, some are bound to be interested.

Another thought here -- the women got pregnant despite being on birth control. That's magic at work. So, just how much does the enchantment affect the partner? What happens if the woman has had infertility issues? She or her and spouse might even pay for the guarantee on the chance it works, and if it's fixed once, it might stay fixed. Another test would be for women who have had parts removed surgically due to illness, etc. Does the magic make them whole to ensure the pregnancy? If so, does sex with him do anything for someone who's had gender reassignment surgery? Imagine the possibilities there if sex with him would make the change permanent, complete working parts ... and fertile? There'd be lines, even with the pregnancy as part of the price.

Not so dire after all. As long as he's honest about the one-shot pregnancy, he won't remain celibate. Unless he wants to be. Thanks for sharing. And keep writing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous