All Comments on 'A Match for the el Maiens Ch. 10'

by NaokoSmith

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
NaokoSmithNaokoSmithalmost 9 years agoAuthor
TBC

Right after I submitted this chapter and before it went live, the number of views for Chapter 9 suddenly shot up. I felt maybe I was being hasty to take a break from uploading the series, Because there were so few views before, I worried I was just using up people's time here, but if people are still reading I would love to keep loading up the new chapters at least once a week.

I would still like to quickly improve the earlier chapters and upload those in line with the one bit of feedback I had about the names. So if you have any more feedback I could use to improve my writing, please do put it here, or using the Send Feedback form.

:)

NaokoSmithNaokoSmithalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you

I'm going to keep uploading chapters, as requested. I want to say Thank You to yesterdays for his kind comments, and to two others who sent me invaluable feedback. Thank you to everyone who is still reading, and especially those who vote - showing me that there is something worth your while reading.

I especially value you spending time on this novel as I know it isn't a classic Lit tale, not enough sex. I have had this story around for a long time, and I wasn't sure if it was worth telling any more. People are saying you would like to read more, so I'll upload a new chapter tonight and keep going till it's all there.

NaokoSmithNaokoSmithalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Yayyyy! Feedback!

Thank you to Anonymous for some excellent feedback.

"You explore so little of the world" – It’s true, I have focussed on the characters and not written much about the religion or even the landscapes. I will work on this.

"Characters with the same name are confusing" – OK, I will have a look at this too, although I don’t think you felt it was a major issue? Just that sometimes I could have done it better.

"What’s the point of the subplot of Clair's dead friend and the son" – there is a point. However this is also the first of a trilogy of novels. In the next novel, Hanya Vashin (the son) is a major character, so he has to be around occasionally even though he seems to be purely decorative at the moment.

"I really started to like Anna then she dropped out of the story" – she’ll be back! I’m focussing on Vadya and Tashka right now; Clair and Anna will get their turn soon too.

"I never, for a moment, suspected Tashka to be a woman" – Yayyy! LOL. I have worked very hard to make Tashka masculine, even after we find out she’s a woman. I didn’t want to have a woman dressed in men’s clothes, I wanted a female character who isn’t ‘as good as a man’, she is just like a man and so she wears trousers.

"PS I think your punctuation can be cleaned up a lot too" – LOL, I don’t suppose you edit do you …? *says wistfully*. I should get someone to look at it for me, it’s so hard to punctuate your own writing.

MojomaggieMojomaggieover 8 years ago
Wondrous writing

If I could write as you do, I would do nothing else. ; )

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

I, for the one, cannot understand the feeble amount of feedback for this. Of course the style of the story is not for everyones tastes, but the story is brilliant.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous