All Comments on 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

by Mamateya

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

What a waste of time. Forget about the "who" No explanation of the "why"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Odd Twist

Good story, short and direct. A real tease. Sounds like a chapter 1. Hope more will follow...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Weird

What happened, EXACTLY? Unfinished, unexplained drivel.

MamateyaMamateyaabout 7 years agoAuthor
Honestly thought it was obvious

Bunch of people grab a woman for display. Most viewers are uninterested however. The only one who was mildly interested assesses the woman as not very attractive, and loses interest as well. The woman is released, and all this happens within the space of a few hours.

What happened? I honestly thought it's pretty obvious, but if you're still unable to fill in the blanks (use your imagination), check out the tags for the story.

Probably no sequel for this story - it's a natural end point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No it really is NOT obvious, not at all. It’s a nonsensical snippet. If someone went to extreme of abducting a woman from her own home they are not just going to simply return her the same night. There’s absolutely nothing realistic or logical here at all. I read your most recent story first and noticed some parallels, punching another person as noted in your stories is not normal.

Tess (uk)

MamateyaMamateyaover 2 years agoAuthor

Tess, this is not a similar story to the other story you're referring to. In this case the kidnappers are much more sinister, they are intended to be actively scary (note they barely speak), and they are mysteriously powerful (doing what they did in real life is forbiddingly hard). You could say they are not realistic, and they certainly aren't, because I've not heard of any organization doing something like this in real life; but the woman reacts realistically.

That said: if you've never heard of an abducted person being released the same day, try Googling for it. I can't post links, but you'll find it has happened, e.g. in cases such as mistaken identity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMamateya@Mamateya
I write stories that are: - Fully non-consensual: I usually don't deal with other themes, and there is no reluctance as well. - X/f: victim(s) are usually women whose appearances are not well-described (feel free to imagine whoever you like in their place) and not promiscuous...