All Comments on 'A Number's Game Ch. 04'

by mluclaforce

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yeah I’m out - I mean seriously what made you think this was BDSM???

This isn’t BDSM, the long overdue background information has made it quite clear that this is some dystopian or otherworld dysfunctional society. Torture porn is just not my thing, it’s just frustrating that it took until chapter 4 to find out that it’s an alternate society. It’s reminiscent of Anne Rice’s Sleeping Beauty story, I did read and enjoy that story but I was fully aware of exactly what it was from the start, it wasn’t trying to present itself as BDSM as we understand it. Basically the similarities are there will be buckets of public nudity and lots of non con sex and sexual acts from the characters. Well that and it being an utterly fucked up society.

When you have a story world that has a completely different set of morals and values you need to make it clear at the outset. It’s why authors who publish multiple books in a series always have to do the recap near the start of each new book it also allows the reader to start at any given book in a series. Not sure I can cope with the brutality involved in this story.

Best of luck with your writing.

Tess (UK)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermluclaforce@mluclaforce
Prizewinning author, forced to write under a pseudonym to maintain the illusion of respectability at his day job.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES