All Comments on 'A Paladin's Training Ch. 07'

by Antidarius

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What now?

It looks like your starting to work in a plot into this sex story. Where do you take it from here?

taco1085taco1085over 5 years ago
omg

I have to say, I love this story.... amazingly written and so full of adventure and fun.... Aran is truly a blessing and will be a force to recon with when he meets the 2 demons....

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 4 years ago
Off giving factual details, get them correct.

So a sword... when forging a sword yes temp is king or you crack the blade or just set up huge stress risers in the blade that fracture on quenching.

So you’ve pounded the bog iron right down and this pushes out the impurities and coalesces the iron into one bit. You then forge this iron lump into a sword shape. This SWORD BLANK is a dinged up high strung useless thing. So heat it up to way way red hot and let it cool naturally in the air all the way to room temp. Do this 4 times. You are normalising the blade blank to remove those stress raisers, this happens by reforming the desired metal crystal structure that forging fucked up.

Now you heat that sword blank up all the way to red and then quench in water or oil depending these days on the metallurgy. This hardens the blade blank. That’s hard and brittle now. So heat that blade 1/3 way to red hot and hold for 2 hours this grows the crystal size bringing the hardness back a bit.

Blade is now harder than mild steel but not so hard it shatters.

All you have now is a DINGED UP DENTED BLACK HEAVY BLUNT LUMP OF IRON. That’s hardened and tempered and shaped roughly into the profile of a sword. No one can surely think that heating iron to 900 deg C and smashing it with a hammer gets you a smooth shiny surface with a fuller down the length on both sides with complicated blade sections that change all the way to the tip.

The drinking wheel. Get to work grind that lump of iron into a sword.

Two handed swords are slashing weapons. Grab a broom handle in both hands and sword fight with it. You have to stand way more square or face on to your opponent. Single handed swords you can stand more side on like 45 degrees and hold a shield. With this set up the shield is like your own castle wall that you hide behind and then as you can your single handed sword hand comes our and attacks all the while the left hand side of your bode and head are protected.

1.1 m is a nice single handed sword length and they only weight ONE KILO. Fuck you not. Heavy swords were cheap crap and there just weren’t pieces of iron beige enough to make big swords and if they were found occasionally then they were WAY expensive. To forge weld iron it has to be almost molten and that needs coal not coke and not charcoal. Oh and the western world could melt iron for 1000 years after the east did it.

Oh a two handed curved sword that’s 1.2m long? Nope not at all not one little bit. Curved swords are single handed swords. If this kid learnt on astraight sword then he doesn’t know hoe to fight with a curved sword to any proficiency. I can drive my Daewoo Matiz 2 seathatch back so that means I can drive a tank or a formula 1 car or a road train truck. Just no. So a curved sword is a hacking and slashing sword only. The blade curve massively magnifies the cutting ability as the bit of person being cut is dragged drown the blade and off the curved tip. So all the training with turning the blade and thrusting the tip out and all the finesse can’t be used on this sword as the curve makes it weak when struck from the side on the half near the tip and can also twist the sword from your hand. Think of it like a long axe. That an axe with a tiny handle and a really long head.

The curved sword is barely a step up from his mace regarding finesse.

Oh the hilt has to be fitted to the blade, that means it’s made last. Shit after finishing the blank who knows the dimensions of the tang. So this guy has a wobbly loose grip, yeah dead man right there.

So if using real world details get them correct.

What a fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My 2 cents

Love the story and characters. I will continue reading. Thanks for your time and your imagination.

bhojobhojo3 months ago

Great story, perfect writing, no pesky grammar or spelling issues. Love it. 5 stars would give more if I could

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntidarius@Antidarius
4th December 2023: Hi everyone! I'm hoping this update finds you healthy and exuberant :) I just submitted APW 14 for publication, so keep an eye out for it! - Anti. --------------------------------------------------------------- 11th August 2023: I thought I should check i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES