All Comments on 'A Paladin's Training Ch. 17'

by Antidarius

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
C.H. DarkstriderC.H. Darkstriderover 6 years ago
Well done!

Another well written chapter sir! The plot thickens and spies abound all over the place in service to the Heralds! A master stroke, worth of the writings of Robert Jordan! Im really looking forward to when the Heralds and Paladins clash, both martially and verbally! Though it would be horribly one sided for the Paladins, as Aran, a newly minted Paladin, was capable of putting sown several town watchmen and Heralds without missing a beat! If he can do that, it makes me wonder just how capable both Smythe and Elaina are! The dark secret of what it takes to become a Herald is what I believe will break them. Also, the fact that Heralds have all the emotional capacity of a stone, leads me to believe that there may something darker at work, the guides/leads the Heralds from behind the scenes. 5 stars!

SheikNKnotstiredSheikNKnotstiredover 5 years ago
A fresh approach

It's interesting that you focus on the shape shifting aspect of Druids and cast them as villains. It's fresh approach.

I also note that the only paladins are of Aros - in fact, this is the only god really mentioned. Are there other gods? Do any of them have paladins?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My 2 cents

Excellent story. 5/5 stars. I will continue reading. Thanks for your time and your imagination.

BarryAllen888BarryAllen8884 months ago

Late to the game, reading. Not sure if I’d compare it to Robert Jordan, but the premise of the over story is fantastic. A few things that I have found frustrating or disheartening: the minute successes that Aran is accomplishing are literally being overshadowed by Maloth’s. I suspect you’ve tried to build up an underdog of Biblical proportions, but as-is, Aran doesn’t have a chance against Maloth. What would have been INTERESTING is if Maloth encountered CHALLENGES himself. Except he and his sister are steamrolling through every town. Also, Maloth seems to only encounter massively buxom women. Your world is filled with one kind of person, regardless of race, little actual diversity. Frankly, at this point as a reader, I am NOT feeling remotely hopeful for the Order. I know you’ve written so much more about this story over the years, but I’d thought you’d want to know how the story reads for someone binging the chapters years later.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntidarius@Antidarius
4th December 2023: Hi everyone! I'm hoping this update finds you healthy and exuberant :) I just submitted APW 14 for publication, so keep an eye out for it! - Anti. --------------------------------------------------------------- 11th August 2023: I thought I should check i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES