All Comments on 'A Picture's Worth'

by Rowan_McBride

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Stellar

I love a bit of plot with my smut. Great story, I love how you used the metaphor of the camera and wound it through the story. I enjoyed Mason's attitude, although he could get… testing if he keeps it up forever, and completely empathised with Joe's invisibiliity and desire to be seen. I understand how reluctant he was to make waves when he was trying to be seen, not wanting to lose his chance. This was excellent and I applaud you. Thank you for posting.

DerelictionOfSanityDerelictionOfSanityalmost 17 years ago
Great

Very nicely done. I really enjoyed reading it.

curiousk75curiousk75almost 17 years ago
Please sir, I want some more...

Awesome story - convincing characters and steamy sex - please post more soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
no wonder

you deserve that 'E'. excellent.

Kudos! and yes, more please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Fantastic

Loved the story. Characters seemed absolutely real. I loved all the feelings and emotions. I enjoyed the sex scene but was enthralled with the story even if it hadn't contained the sex. Great job....

Riley_JamesRiley_Jamesalmost 17 years ago
Finally!

Now this is the way to write gay erotic fiction...take note all and watch this one...this is pure talent!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Yeah! More Rowan McBride!

Rowan, you've got a great style and an eye for detail. 'A Picture's Worth' was a steamy and sultry read, and I enjoyed it very much. I love the interplay between Joe and Mason: it's hilariously uncomfortable at first and warms just the way I like at the end of the tale. I was very easily absorbed into in the story; it's a very well executed work that's tight and precise. 'A Picture Worth' was exactly what I was looking for after a hard day's work. Looking forward to seeing more of your works, Rowan. Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Holy shit

As a straight female and a huge literotica fan, I just have to say... that was absolutely one of the best stories I've read on this site in months... possibly even years!

FUCK YEAH. I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Fantastic

This story was great! You managed to develop the main characters well in such a short space and left the reader wanting more. I hope you write a sequel, but with out it is just as good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
traffic

yep, your website will surely see more traffic.

great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
whoa

holy shit amazing

JonOwensJonOwensalmost 17 years ago
Simply brilliant!

I'm a hetero guy who writes amateur hetero erotica. I was prompted to read your story by the E rating. I wanted to know how good a story has to be to gain this accolade. The answer is this good! Your story is superb. Your writing style is excellent, the pace is tight and the dramatic tension held me to the end. Your subtle attention to detail is great too. By the end of your piece I felt I really knew something of these guys. This is one of the best pieces I have ever read here. Very well done!

SplitHeadSplitHeadover 16 years ago
Holy Hell!!

That is one of the best crafted works of literature I have read on this site!

Good Job and Great Story!!

Thank you!

adetaildivaadetaildivaover 16 years ago
Absolutely wonderful

I don't have adequate vocabulary to expand on all the good things folks have already said, so I won't try. I'm a straight female & avid Lit reader. I try to read from several different categories & found that your story outshines most of what I've read here in ANY category. Keep up the great work & keep posting here!! (Is there a fan club yet?!?)

jakebarnes06jakebarnes06over 16 years ago
She lied.

I write on this site also and was directed to your story by adetaildiva. She's my volunteer editor and the person who commented directly before me. She was correct in all her praise of your writing. I echo her. She lied to me though. She said your writing wasn't as good as mine. In retrospect, she probably was trying to encourage me because your writing is far superior to anything I've done. You got inside your characters like few authors I've read anywhere. Those characters revealed themselves to us as though you, the author, didn't even exist. What do they say to us? Show, don't tell. Well, your writing is the epitome of "show." Congratulations on a superbly crafted story.

spokesnpokesspokesnpokesover 16 years ago
Fucking Amazing!!

Fucking Amazing!

I read the first page of comments. Everybody gave it a 100% rating and I can only echo those sentements.

There is a mystique about Mason Ripley that made me want to keep reading and boy, I'm glad I did! This stoy reminds us, I think, of the importance of inner beauty as we watch Mason stuggle to bring that inner beauty out of Joe.

Your attention to deatail is unlike anything I've ever seen here on lit. The interplay between the two guys made me feel like I was there with them. I hope you write more soon. Great story!

nz_marienz_marieover 16 years ago
Awestuck!

I was beginning to think all the talented writers of gay love stories had either moved on from Lit or run out of new ideas. This was the best story I've read on here in months. I felt so moved by your charactors, you write so well it was like reading an entire novel even though it was only just a few pages.

Absolutely wonderful stuff, I hope there will be a sequel.

Thank you for sharing your gift with us :)

reddeliciousreddeliciousover 16 years ago
Romance... gotta love it.

Beautiful story... hot, exciting and touching.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
oh god

straight fm here, but god...

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Emotional rollercoaster

Loved everything about this storyline. U have a way of making the reader feel for your character. Beautifully done. Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Perfect!

Intense, passionate, artistic.. so many wonderful qualities!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Beautiful!!!

omg...i dont know but i do know that is one of the best stories i have ever read. it had everything...soul searcing, love, fustration, confusion, and just pure beauty. EXCELLENT story!!!

MilkChocolateAmazonMilkChocolateAmazonover 16 years ago
Brilliant!

This is by far one of the best stories I've read on Literotica. It's so true to life. I loved its heartfelt intensity and the characters were so human. A touching sincere story. Amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
lovely

A great story, would like to have read on, but it was a good ending. I liked it all, it had character which most stories lack. Arousing, and amusing. Nicely written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
OMG!

WOW Rowan, love this! will there be more??

Catt

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Wonderful characters

So many of the stories on here are just wham, bam, thank you ma'am (well, sir in this case) but this one pleasantly surprised me. No, more then that - I genuinely like this story. Not because the content but because of the characters and how you truly flesh out their personas and reel in the reader with their emotions. I look forwards to reading more of your work if the rest is anything like this one.

SadieRoseSadieRoseover 16 years ago
Magnificent Stuff

Great characters, flowing narrative, real, believable conversation and a great, big, cheeky, happy ending that put a smile on my face even at 3 in the morning. There's a striking simplicity to this story that just carries it along. I loved the effective mood change in the cab when Morgan said that he wasn't looking at Joe because if he did they'd be fucking in the back of the car. It was like someone flicked a switch and the current increased tenfold. Excellent stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Awesome!

Wow. .1st thought that popped in my head while reading your story. Great storyline, surreal characters, catchy dialogue...loved it. Would love 2 read more of your stuff...

Elizabeth_CameronElizabeth_Cameronover 16 years ago
A thousand words...

Wonderful. A picture may be a thousand words but yours captured human emotion superbly. This story was very well done. Thanks for sharing.

MilliemoonMilliemoonover 16 years ago
Beautiful

This was beautifully written, the characters were expertly drawn and the ending was just perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Lovely!

Nice & sweet, intelligent & real. If I have a complaint is that I wanted it to go on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
WOW

I cant believe I missed ur story...Just found out about it...and yup as everyone said, its believable, real, sweet...all that rolled up in one... and like some of the others, id like to see where it could go if u decided to continue...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Utterly FANTASTIC!

I've only read a few stories from the Gay category but have been a Lit fan and AVID reader for many years. This is definitely one of my all time favorites, without question. I only VERY recently began to wonder what it would be like to be with another man. I've been married almost 21 years and have never had sex with another man. That may very well change tonight as I have a scheduled meet up with a guy for the first time. I am going to share this story with him. What I wouldn't give to have such a passionate encounter with someone as you've described with your story. I'm truly touched, moved and inspired. You are a truly gifted author. I hope Hope HOPE you'll write a sequel. I'm going to be watching to see what else you do.

theycallmecyclonetheycallmecyclonealmost 16 years ago
I like the concept

This was beautifully written and lived up to everything a good concept demands. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
great

omg. mark drives me crazy too. wish i know some1 like him... god, he turns me on

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Brilliant

Damn, only trite phrases of appreciation seem to be coming to me. Mason would know exactly what to say. Suffice to say this story won't fade from mind.

DrallDrallalmost 15 years ago
Wow!

What a brilliant story! I hope for more from you.

ashbabyashbabyalmost 15 years ago
Please... more!!

It takes a lot of talent to make characters come to life as easily as you did. They are so confusing and lovable and REAL. This is an incredible story and I really hope you continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
wow

What a great story, i didn't want to stop.... really one of the best i have ever read.

xxmurakamixxxxmurakamixxover 14 years ago
wow

man.. ur story is great! i want to read more of this!

wisperingwillowwomanwisperingwillowwomanover 14 years ago
Damn

That is a good story. Very realistic!! Thanks for sharing

hopkinscmhopkinscmabout 14 years ago
41 comments and this one makes 42

I've been reading on this site for a while now, and I have to say that the best stories so far I've read have been in the Gay section. I don't know why but its ture. Maybe because I don't always have to read a story and find just an erotic scene. That is not a story, its a scene. I've seen some authors who spend pages and pages, chapters up on chapters trying to express what you did in only three pages. Don't get me wrong, if its a good story I'll read every page, every chapter, and follow the author to thier deaths, or mine. But what those authors fail to do is what you did. Create a great story arch with great characters, proper grammer and word usage/spelling and had a decent amount of writing talent. Great job. Keep up the good work!

whenwilliwhenwilliabout 14 years ago
I agree!

I so totally agree with hopkinscm! Loved the story and hope there is more to come.

SugarRequiredSugarRequiredalmost 14 years ago
...a thousand words.

This has been one of the best stories I have read in a long time on this site. You really captured many things in the human condition. I loved it, plan and simple.

Okay, so I am not going to write a thousand words.

Keep up the awesome work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I keep coming back to this story.

It's one of my favorites on the site. So well written. So sexy. So different. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

That was great! Sure brought a smile to my face :)

HotStoryWriterHotStoryWriterover 13 years ago
WOW

Excellent writing. Drew me in more than most are able to. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Required Reading

Every photographer needs to read this so he can see what he needs to be to become great in his profession.

Your writing made me feel the emotions of both Joe and Mason, as well as a look into their souls. I think you are Mason, as a writer who looks so deeply into himself and his characters that he draws out every possible aspect of their personalities just like Mason did with his photographic subjects.

I had read this story before, a long time ago, and enjoyed it even more with this second reading.

Jake..Savannah, Georgia....extreme502002@yahoo.com

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 13 years ago
I have to read this every few months.

I just do. Love the dynamic between them. Wish you would revisit.

hotcock869hotcock869over 13 years ago
Amazing Work

You are a brilliant writer. Hope to see more of your work soon!

Do you currently have any additional pieces, if so how can I find them?

mixed_freek26mixed_freek26over 13 years ago
omg

wow great story i absolutely loved this...........

AkshunLoveAkshunLoveabout 13 years ago
Wow!

I want a story from Mason's POV. We saw Joe laid bare but it's only fair to see Mason squirm too. Please?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Simply amazing. One of the best stories on here. In fact, this is one of the best short stories I have ever read. Please, I'd love for you to start writing again - you have amazing talent!

arl215arl215almost 13 years ago
Amazing

What a brilliant story,your characters are so real,I was almost in tears when Mason was telling Joe goodbye.Just fantastic.

lgbaby66lgbaby66almost 13 years ago
OMG!!!

Definitely write more. It was so good!

yeomanieyeomaniealmost 13 years ago
class

Fucking excellent. Simple :)

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2almost 13 years ago
Superior writing - Read NOW

This author has a talent for bringing out the best in his characters, and leaves the reading with so much great advice to live by. I hope we meet some day - I would enjoy learning so much more from his wisdom.

I admire his ability to turn such a fine script into a Romance between two human beings in such a way it didn't make any difference if they were two males or not. Guys can have feelings and connections that don't have to depend on a female.

Read it; I think you will agree ... IF you can appreciate what real feelings can be.

dagan732dagan732almost 13 years ago
I don't know what to say....

I really don't. I'm sort of speechless. That was an excellent story. I loved it. One of the best, definitely!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
The title says it all!

Everything I need in a happily ever after was in this love story. Your characters have real insecurities, flawed personalities, passion in and out of the bedroom, and you manage to get the reader to feel invested in their lives. 5+ stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great love story

The conflict made it interesting and kept my attention. Like real life.

TheRealThinggTheRealThinggover 12 years ago
I Cried ..

I Would Love For Someone To See ME .

NenneNenneover 12 years ago
Amazing!

That was wonderful.

dansefaedansefaeover 12 years ago
Beautiful!

I absolutely love this story. I cannot wait to read more of your stories.

TheSecretPervertTheSecretPervertover 12 years ago

Oh.

My.

HOLY OIJWAE;OAJ

You left me breathless and slack jawed through out this ENTIRE story. Dude. I can't even. This story.. I... It's.. I'm speechless.

bookworm2192bookworm2192over 12 years ago
I am so glad I found this story!

I don't think I have laughed quite this hard in such a long time. I mean, I thought it was sweet and romantic, and I loved the ending, but their attitudes were incredible to read about. You've created some incredible people in this story. You have talent, and if you ever wrote and published a novel and let us know about it, I would have it as soon as I could get my hands on it.

bookworm2192bookworm2192over 12 years ago
Okay...

So I checked your member page, and you have a website. I stand by my earlier comment, I will probably be looking for your books and buying them when I have a new job, and money.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
short of words

i felt every emotion they felt like i was there with them,its been a while since i felt that. WELL DONE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wow.

I'm so skeptical when I open up stories by authors I don't know here. It's so hit or miss on so many levels.

This was a hit, straight out. I loved it. Absolutely loved it.

canndcanndover 11 years ago

I really liked the story. It was emotional and interesting. I guess it kinda left me looking for more like the character at the end of the story. I wanted more of their story. It felt like it should have been a first chapter to a longer story. Overall, good job. Wish you'd continue it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
falling

Absolutely. Loved this story,love truly an awesome. Force.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Excruciating. Exciting. Beautiful. I felt each emotion of Mason and Joe's. It's too bad you only wrote the one story because you have a lot of talent.

reedsdreamreedsdreamover 11 years ago
Excellent dynamics

You've done a great job of playing disparate personalities off one another. Best of all, neither is as transparent as some writers would make them. You made me care.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 11 years ago
I have to agree

It is a shame you don't have anymore stories as you write beautifully. It pulls you in, hooks you and the way you portrayed them both was awe inspiring A beautiful and lovely story

nuckin1futsnixnuckin1futsnixover 11 years ago
hmm

fantastic well done it was not sappy and gooey and filled with overdone portrayals of the feelings of mason and joe it was real it was honest i loved it...wishing you well

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

not soppy and really excellent. i love the play of emotion and i feel a little sorry for Joe. poor babe seems so confused most of the time

lonleylucaslonleylucasabout 11 years ago
i need more of this story

for some reason this really struck my heart

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Please write more. You're too good to write just one story and never come back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
how dare you...

Write one story and up and leave us! Love ur writing style...ur probably a big time author and have no time for the likes of us...I've read this story like a million times and its good every time...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
More from this author

I too wanted more... so I googled the name and found the website with more stories...

http://www.rowanmcbride.com/home.html

feelinromanticfeelinromanticover 10 years ago
For Your Eyes Only

I've been singing the bond theme in my head for days for no apparent reason, but having just reread your story I can't help thinking it could be Joe's theme tune :)

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Lovely story

It has been left so open, would love to read more

fishnets1fishnets1over 10 years ago
wow

Having read this story twice, the emotions are unbelievable. I have gone from angry to 'how dare he', to thank god!! I loved this story!!

feelinromanticfeelinromanticover 10 years ago

Cant remember how many times I've read this story now. But I know I want more! If you're still writing, please consider a follow on... or more than one :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great fuckin' scott !

I tip my hat to your obvious talent. Enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
read it for the second time and...

Mason is still an ass, but perfect for Joseph. Lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

If its not your own story then u have talent, may more than talent, u r gifted. You should write more.

ShuckyDuckyShuckyDuckyalmost 10 years ago
Best! Just The Absolute Best!

Best writing, story, characters, everything I've read on this site. Hands down! I knew from the minute Mason opened his mouth that you had gold. Pure gold. Seriously, thank you! This will be in my favorites and you will be a favorite author.

P.S. I literally wondered if Mason Ripley was a real photographer!

P.S.S. If it is at all possible. Can you print off a copy and sign it so I can keep it in my collection and library. I'm serious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great with feeling!

I normally do not go for large overly muscled people but in your story it brings out feelings and self image. It brings out emotions and self discovery. I felt the journey of both people and appreciate how you do not overly analyze the whole thing. Loved it and think you should continue writing. Best O-Luck.

EarthStallion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story

I know exactly how Joe feels, because I am invisible. I love this story, and I love the fact that he found someone that makes him visible. Still looking for mine. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
CAPTIVATING

Totally enraptured by your story; hope you will continue writing really soon. You have made me a fan and this is my first comment ever to anything I have ever read, and it has been a lot.

Hutchison12Hutchison12about 9 years ago
Excellent

An excellent story, thanks for sharing your skill with me/us really,

Hope that you write again, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Amazing

This is the best story I've read in this website so far, your work is brilliant. Please continue to amaze me.

Haphaestion2004Haphaestion2004almost 9 years ago
I WOULD GIVE YOU 20 STARS IF I COULD ...

I have no words to say how much I loved your story - none are enough or express what I feel. This is one of the best stories I've read here at Literotica. To say it was exciting and kept me on the edge of my seat, pales, next to what was going on in my heart and pulse while I was reading it.

The characters are tremendous - Like Joe I fell for Mason, and long to meet the guy that really looks at me. Their first meeting felt like a vulcano, simmering and ready to erupt. They were sizzling hot together. OMG, I know I'll re-read this over and over. I'm devastated it's finished. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS GLORIOUS STORY! IT GAVE ME SUCH PLEASURE !! You're an awesome writer !! :))

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
amazing story would love to hear more about this couple

It's heartwarming and beautiful keep writing

o2byoungo2byoungover 8 years ago
What more can I say?

That was one of the best I've read here. Will be looking for more from you. So an author can captivate the reader with only one sex scene in the whole story. I absolutely loved it. Very good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
MORE! MORE! MORE!

That was a most exceptional story and I demand a continuation.

ADpenthouseADpenthouseover 8 years ago

it was awesome. WOW!!!

mason was making joe crazy all the time to test him.

it was sweet and was worth it.

please, post a chapter-2.

please,continue this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

This is beautiful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I want more..and more...and more

seriously this is one of the best romantic stories i've read in here...you really showed that a love story can be written without extra sexual tension or sex scenes...please, please, please write more chapters...i want their HAPPY EVER AFTER...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous