A Private Dance Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

++++++++++

Monday morning rolled over Gravel City like a wave of needed sunshine. Miranda slept in that day for the first time in nearly three years, her secretary finally calling her to make sure she was OK. Miranda hadn't missed a day at the office since Allen's funeral, but today she was going to make sure she was prepared for the night's activities. As she had ordered Anthony to see to the details of the romantic dinner for her and David that night, she drove herself to the Excalibur Spa and Salon to prepare for her night.

David and Leslie had other matters to attend. Both went to Max Devlin's funeral that morning. Max had been a hard man to work for, but he had also been generous with pay and promotions to his employees when they deserved it. Nearly all Max's dancers, male and female, came to the service. Most to pay their respects, and all to find out what would be happening to their jobs now that the club owner had passed on. After the service, Leslie stood before the crowd at the luncheon that followed and told them of her plan to purchase the bar. David cheered along with the other employees, even though he had already known about Leslie's surprise, but she had one more surprise for him.

"Although I'm planning to buy the bar," Leslie said to the crowd, "Maxxy's will not re-open right away. There are a few renovations to be made before we can continue, and I will be leaving for three weeks on a personal matter. We will target June 8th for the grand re-opening. Please rest assured that you will all have jobs waiting for you when the bar opens back up then. Thank you."

David went to Leslie after she finished. "Leslie? Where are you going for three weeks?"

"Remember the date I told you about the other night?" Leslie asked then didn't wait for David to reply, "Well, it's turned into a vacation. He's asked me to go to Jamaica with him tonight!"

"Tonight?" David said shocked at the abruptness of the move. "That's pretty sudden, Les. Are you sure about this guy?"

"Pretty sure," she replied with a knowing grin. "Are you jealous, David Andrews?"

"Well," he answered, "a little, I guess. I just want you to be happy, but safe as well."

"I couldn't be safer," Leslie said. "You'll see..." she assured David as she walked from the banquet hall and got in her car. David could only shake his head as he watched her drive off. As he returned to the hall, his cell phone vibrated in the pocket of his suit pants. He had received a text from Miranda (they had finally exchanged phone numbers).

I can't wait to see you tonight.

8pm. Don't be late

Miranda

David looked at the time on screen of his phone: 3:27pm. He had a few things to do before dinner at the Mason house tonight. He said goodbye to the other employees then grabbed his helmet and rode his Honda into town to prepare for his night with Miranda.

++++++++++

David pulled up to the gate at the entrance of the mansion grounds at five minutes to eight that night and pushed the intercom button. Miranda's voice came over the speaker:

"Hi, David! Just a moment!" she said through static.

Five seconds later, the giant iron gates swung open allowing David entrance to the massive home he'd come to know so well in the past few days. He trundled his bike to the apex of the circle drive in front of the marble steps and shut the engine off. David walked up the stone stairs with his helmet under his arm and approached the front door. Just as he was about to knock, the door opened and Anthony greeted him.

"Hello, David," the large bodyguard said as he stuck his hand out.

"Hi Anthony," Davis said as he took the guard's hand in his. "It's good to see you again, especially not covered in manure."

"Yeah, I haven't decided if I like you yet, so watch yourself, boy!" Anthony said with a smile. "Come on in. Mrs. Mason will be down in a few minutes."

Anthony led David to the dining room where the lights were off. The only illumination came from a candelabra in the middle of the table that held five white candles. Even though the lights were doused, the flicker of the lighted wicks provided more than enough glow to light the room. Anthony showed David to his seat and started for the door. Before he could exit, David called to the security guard.

"Anthony," David said with an echo in the large hall, "thank you for saving Miranda. There's no way I could have done it without you. I hope that someday you'll trust me enough to call me 'friend.'"

Anthony stopped at the door but didn't turn around. "Just treat her right and everything will be just fine." With that, Anthony left the dining room and made David the sole occupant of the hall for the time being. David looked around the room and saw three large portraits adorning the walls. One was of an older couple that David guessed to be Miranda's deceased husband's grandparents, another was of Allen's parents, and the last was of Allen and Miranda. David stared at this one for a long minute, feeling much like an interloper, like he was intruding somehow even though Miranda's husband had died quite some time ago. Just as David felt that he may need to get out of there, a hand fell on his forearm and he nearly jumped out of his skin at the voice in his ear.

"We sat for four hours for that painting," Miranda said as David whirled around to face her, his heart pounding in his chest from fright. "I had to pee so bad I thought the artist would have to paint in a puddle on the floor. But it came out wonderfully, don't you think?"

"Jesus, Miranda!" David exclaimed. "You scared the daylights out of me! Do you always sneak up on your guests like that?!"

"Only the ones that get distracted easily by pretty pictures," Miranda replied with a smile and a chuckle. To set his mind at ease, she lightly kissed his lips in the flickering candlelight. Before he could kiss her back, Miranda broke the lip lock and motioned David to one of the place settings at the table. Miranda sat on David's right, which put her at the head of the table. She's probably used to being there, David thought then tried to push any negative thoughts about Miranda and her lifestyle out of his mind. Even though he had proclaimed his love for her after saving her from Louie The Nine's impending rape and murder, David still had misgivings about their pairing, most pressing was their mismatch in social and financial standings. She was the president of a billion-dollar company and jetted all over the world. What could she possibly want with a man that danced in a G-string for dollar bills and lived paycheck to paycheck?

Miranda slid a panel back on the edge of the table, revealing an intercom system. She pressed a red button then spoke. "Anthony, please come in here and bring your guest also." She then looked at David and addressed him. "Anthony has something to tell you," Miranda said with another sly grin.

The door opened and Anthony walked in with a woman on his arm. It took a moment for David to realize who Anthony had escorted into the dining hall, but when he did, his jaw nearly hit the table.

"Leslie?!" David said puzzled. "What are you doing here?!"

"Hello, David," Leslie said, smiling her own knowing smirk. "Anthony is the man that asked me to go out with him. I accepted, then he called back and rescinded his offer. But he made me a better one. We're leaving for Jamaica tonight for three weeks." Leslie looked up at Anthony and smiled wider. "Anthony wants to see if we're... compatible. I already think we are."

David stood from the table and went to the new couple. He kissed Leslie on the cheek and embraced his former lover. David then shook Anthony's hand and gave a warning of his own. "Guess it's my turn to tell you to treat her right or you'll have me to deal with."

Anthony laughed and shook David's hand once more. "I lied. I do like you, boy!" They all had a good laugh before the new couple said their goodbyes then left to catch their flight to the Caribbean.

Once more alone, David and Miranda sat back down at the table in the same seats as before. Miranda took David's hand as she looked into his eyes and spoke.

"David, when you told me you loved me the other day, I had no doubt you were sincere. And I want you to know that I feel the same way. In the brief time we've known each other, I've run the gamut of emotions from lust to enchantment to near-hatred and then to endearment. There are issues we're going to face with this relationship that we'll have to overcome, but there's one that we have to address before we go any further."

++++++++++

12