All Comments on 'A Secret and a Promise'

by Letoria

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
HUH?

What the hell was that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Strong, emotional story. Thank you.

Faltu1Faltu1over 8 years ago
just thank you

I was need someting like that to help me today.

Thanks

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Life is about change....and loss...

Change is a constant given in life, and so is loss. Everyone looses someone they know to death sooner or later. The pain may fade, quicker for some, slowly for others and never for those who simply cannot accept the loss. Children live hard, love hard, hurt hard, and sometimes they have to come to grips with mortality and the death of a friend or family member. That is why stories like this one tend to elicit strong reactions from readers, they are feeling the reflection of how they reacted to loss while reading about the character's reaction to loss and making a comparison. It's a powerful story, well written, but open ended enough so that it will touch each reader differently depending on the life experiences of that individual. I can't honestly advise anyone to read or not read this one because there simply is no way of knowing how any one reader is going to react to the story. If you are willing to take the chance and read it I will say that you will get out of the story what life has put into your life.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 7 years ago
When Terrible Things Happen to Good People

My niece, who was about the age of Karen, lost her best friend to an accident this past spring. There were differences between the friends in the story and the friends in real life, but they were insignificant. I don't know what will happen to my niece. She doesn't have a teddy bear and may have never thought of one. I hope Karen will always love and cherish the teddy bear and that whomever she loves will someday find out its significance if possible and cherish it just as much. And I hope Lisa is a true angel in Heaven who will someday welcome Karen and tell her that she, Lisa, prayed for Karen for the rest of Karen's life as a wonderful friend whom she really did love.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous