All Comments on 'A Simple Case of Infidelity Pt. 03'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THIS IS A TWO-CAMP STORY

and sides will be taken and harm will come, TK U MLJ LV NV

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 9 years ago
Divorce or not

like is sad after part two,the drugs she uses a more than a little responsable for her acting,xanax and tranxene are surpressing all of her normal behavior,she doesn't feel remorse or any other kind of feeling,she acts like a zombi,she justifies everything because under drugs she feels like doing the right thing

CreeperclawCreeperclawalmost 9 years ago
She shouldn't be there

She needs professional help, serious professional help. She seems to go to thee drugs every time something goes wrong and upsets her and her emotions seem a little too unstable. Not only that why is EVERYONE on her side? and despite what Whalen says they are on her side. They think that just a little time will fix everything and he should just take her back. I understand the daughter being hopeful to have the family back together, but these older people should know that sometimes there's a line you cross that can't back track from.

This seems like a RAAC kind of story where everyone is out to manipulate the husband into getting back together with her. As I said SHE NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP AND TO MOVE ON!! See your family as much as you want to but that bridge with your husband has been burned down. Hubby just file divorce and start dating, wifey accept the divorce, fix yourself and start dating. As for everyone else JUST BUTT OUT!!!

looking4itlooking4italmost 9 years ago

Love her as much as they did I don't believe they'd throw their own son out over her. So that is an unbelievable part of the story.

Beyond names this really doesn't have much to do with the original. The characters are different and their inter-relationships don't match up. Not really a fan of this series, especially the second and third chapters.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Damn

She is obviously not ready to try to get her husband back. First of all, rehab to stop her drug addiction. Second, Francis wants no part of her. Smart man. Wherever you take this tale, be smart about it.

By the way, she doesn't deserve him. The whore needs to be alone.

Just saying...

SKHPSKHPalmost 9 years ago
Much too wordy

A lot of information nobody needs overshadows the real facts. Skip this and I might read further parts.

hansbwlhansbwlalmost 9 years ago
Two choices only

To piss off the BTB guys or not!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
the woman needs to grow up and mature, she seems a mental invalid with drug addiction

six months she is gone no word, and seems to think her husband who has filed legal papers on her still has a responsibility to keep her as a wife even after all she has done. Wow, someone said she needs professional help, no she needs to be committed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

i still hope that they can put things back together. It'll take alot of work on both sides but that forgiveness thing is something we all had better learn how to do in this life because we will all need to be forgiven in the next life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

This has dragged on far too long, sentences are repetitive. It's just a boring story of a 40 something woman who needs to grow the fuck up!

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Sick Woman

She is a clearly a mentally ill, drug dependent woman. Like so many other stories, I fear that you are going to use a "chemical imbalance" or the emotional stress of menopause/empty nest syndrome defense for her cheating. I am not an excuse guy. I am a responsibility for your actions guy. I do not feel a need to see Leslie "burned" any more than she has scorched her own life. I do feel a need for her to own up to what she has done, and is still doing with the drugs. I feel a need for Francis to access the situation and to decide not only if he wants to stay married to a disloyal, cheating slut but also if this isn't a good time to get away from the horrible wreck or a human being that his wife has become. There is the real drama, does he dump her when she is a basket case even if she caused her own condition? Does he take her back and try to heal her for the sake of all those that love her, including him on some level? Does he sacrifice the rest of his life, and to some degree his sense of being a man to become his wife's psychiatric nursemaid? Is it the right thing to do for the kids? Will it free them up so they can move on away from the family carnage? If he doesn't will they be pulled in to take care of their mother or worse suffer the guilt of shunning her and watching her morph into something worse? This one is not about sex, not really about love, it is about duty based on love. Francis could easily go out and find a good woman to restart his life with. We all only have one life (as far as we know) How will Francis spend the rest of his? Do his parents really want to saddle him with this for the rest of his life? (I wouldn't do that to my son)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Disappointed!!!

This is a total disappointment as compared to the first two. It's too drawn out and really should have not gone past this chapter.

bassraybassrayalmost 9 years ago
Good down home people

I like the way things are going. I'm glad the future of Leslie and Francis is still up in the air. People doing good things is the way we are meant to live. I'm glad this story is going. Helping one another and not being judgmental is the essence of being human.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent continuation of the established story line, well written.

Thoroughly covered in the back & forth of reality, every stone seems turned and the insertion/addition of the teenage daughter/grand daughter into the mix really powers home the perspective of all the parties involved. It'll be interesting to see how her Dad, Mom and the grand parents each handle her being around the environment.

BRAVO!! Continue please!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A good read!

Your writing is, as usual, of good standard.

You see all you've written after the story and all you're going to write hereafter is needed to make the story believable, giving you the benefit of doubt that you can. Don't you think it should have been thought of before writing the story.

It looks like an imposition by an English teacher at school (lol).

gara5289gara5289almost 9 years ago

Leslie is interesting. Never would've thought she'd be a pill popper and Francis would approve of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
irony??

"Francis was a strong willed, upright, ethical man"

The story didn't appear to be written this way. Francis comes across as a stubborn, emotionally blocked and vindictive man.

Either (i) the story is implicitly written from Francis' point of view, and is therefore an exercise in self-justification,

or (ii) the story continues and will be about his redemption in 'growing up'.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyalmost 9 years ago
Dear Carvohi

Have you no heart? You've created a whole cast of interesting people, interesting, real and complete enough for us to care about. You say you know where the story will end up. Please hurry and let us know too. We care! At least this reader cares. You have made us care by way of fine writing, creating three dimensional characters, and crafting a tale that wants a resolution. You are more than just a wonderful writer, you are a fine observer of character and have presented us with

a situation that seems real. Please, please (though I feel guilty bothering a writer with your talent), please continue with this tale soon.....

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 9 years ago
Not sure what to make of this story...

... First, Leslie is the confident, even smug, cheater who, when confronted with her infidelity, demanded proof from her cuckolded husband and now we, as readers, are supposed to believe she is this poor, vulnerable little wife who is overcome by all the injustices from her husband. It's like the story, so far, is about two different women. I sincerely think that this is what happens when you make up a multiple part story as you go along, especially when the parts are written, or at least submitted, so far apart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
For a liar and cheat as she tried to cover up her affair

You now make her out As a weak caracter in this marriage. Who after breaking down comes back to town wanting her man back. And his parents helping her. After 6 months of running and no contact ,what did she expect. A happily reunion. You have made this story implausible .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

This story is rambling to a non conclusion just like Revelations. You couldn't finish that one you may never finish this one. You snuck drugs into that one too. Everyone sympathetic to the slut Finish it already

HMAuthorHMAuthoralmost 9 years ago
Editing

Please get an editor. This story shifts from first, second through third person at random. It adds to the confusion.

seekerazseekerazalmost 9 years ago
As soon as carvohi can convince Francis that he was and is entirely at fault

it can have one of his storybook RAAC endings. Won't that be swell.

cap5356cap5356almost 9 years ago
interesting

story is getting interesting in the fact that his parents are set on getting them back together actually seems everyone is set on that . but seems like he dosn't want too. he is right in doing things like he has already after all she did cheat and contact him in all the time that she was gone.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 9 years ago
Carvohi

you fell into a trap that a lot of good storytellers do. You made a case too strong for reconciliation. And now you want us to feel sympathy for the slut. Sorry not going to happen. If these two reconcile it will be forced. At this time I would like to point out that Francis should stop talking to his family altogether. It appears they believe that anything you do can be forgiven, that is just plain bullshit. Most Christians ignore half their religion, you know the part written in the Bible not the New Testament. It is inconvenient to have to walk the road of your religion if you can't be forgiven for everything you do. God has infinite mercy but he also has infinite vengeance. Francis's family seem to have no moral character, they seem to believe pump out children trumps anything you do in life. Try that in front a judge on a murder charge and see how far you get.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
good

I like it.

Some points.

they are catholic? means no divorce anyway even if granted by the state, they remain married.

Something happened to her to cause this?

She seems remorseful

I actually want them to get together again.

Forgiveness, love? I dont know but you've made me root for her and him now.

And her parents? burn them.

gdjohn52gdjohn52almost 9 years ago

22 years is a long time, Its not as easy to throw someone to the side of the road as some people may think, Mostly Anonymous chickenshit comments. Whatever you decide your stories are always entertaining

.

Benedict12Benedict12almost 9 years ago
Tragedy or Redemption?

I think that Leslie is one of the most complex and interesting characters Carvohi has ever created. On one level she is a loving person who has tried to put aside her indulgent upbringing by two monstrous parents and transform herself into a caring teacher and loving wife. Unfortunately that part of her nature is at war with a concealed drug addiction foisted on her people who supposedly cared for her. It particularly disturbing to realize that the man who was her first "love" and is largely responsible for the breakup of her marriage has regularly fed her rape drugs. At this point in the story she is balanced precariously on a knife's edge between the redemption she craves and the final tragedy her drug induced demons are pushing her toward. Her future is made more problematic by the fact that she has never come to terms with her addiction. and if she does not she is doomed Finally,at the risk of being dismissed as an adultery forgiving wimp I must say that Francis is not blameless in this tale. How can a man live with the love of his life for twenty years and never notice that she suffers from life destroying drug dependency?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Been down / seen someone on this road before...

Spoiled, only child, addicted to prescription pills at a young age by her "loving" mother; now incapable of dealing with real life situations. Can see where this is leading. Real life though addicted personality & the cheating; she would jump from one disastrous affair/marriage to another eventually dieing alone; never realizing that life is not all about herself. Leslie character is so self-indulged & concerned about her own well being; she didn't foresee how her actions would affect those around her? And, really how many drugs does she have in her system at any given moment, anyway? Turning her into a chemically dependant person; for people to pity? And, she can turn around and blame her parents for ALL of it; how nice, we've hit just about all of the psychologist clichés...

Otherwise, great writing so far, some typos; will continue to follow to see where story winds up. Just wish there wasn't such a long break between installments; having to go back & refresh with the story can be time consuming and at times problematic.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 9 years ago
Show down time

Let's finish her off... Then finish revelations also.

theFBReftheFBRefalmost 9 years ago
She has to get help for her addiction and a second chance! They both deserve it

Oh and her parents need to pay!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
The journey through purgatory has begun.

carvohi,

Great story and writing. Leslie has made her bed and now she gets to sleep in it.

In real life some people make it all the way back, and some don't. Is she self aware enough to understand the addictions ? Will she accept help when and if she gets it.

Please keep writing, don't care about how you chose to end it. After all, that's your perogrative as a writer.

Thanks again.

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
She is going to the rock bottom...

She is going to the rock bottom...Only then she will get strengh to come up...For now she is a complete drug addict...3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Tragic Figure

From the the flash back, stream of conscious techinque used by Carvohi it is a little hard to tell whether whether Leslie was on the benzos and other meds during her 22 years of marriage or whether that stopped during her marriage and restarted after she left and went back to the sorry SOB's who are biological parents. No matter how it turns out the bio parents need to be drawn and quartered.

Obviously Leslie has a real mental illness. Depression and possibly an anxiety disorder in addition to terrible role modeling by her parents. In real life this could go either way. Francis could turn out to be a real man and step up to the plate and live up to his wedding vows and try to take care of his wife. It takes a real man to set aside his ego and live up to his responsibilities. Or, he could be so hurt by the Leslie's behavior that he cannot forgive Lelsie her bad behavior and feels like he has to divorce her and leave her to deal with her problems alone or with the help of others. A third alternative, he divorces Leslie, cannot live with her but still tries to help her. Only Carvohi knows where this is going. I hope he finishes soon enough so that I don't have to reread the prior stories like I did this time.

anon.1

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Can see where this might be going

Whalen says 22 years the perfect wife and mother and then all of a sudden a whore. It doesn't add up.

Leslie has spent the past 22 years managing her life with the help of her secret stash of scrounged "mother's little helpers," unknown to anyone but her. Then she gets drugged and date raped by Weatherby, probably with the connivance of her parents who have always wanted to drive a wedge between her and her husband and children, and as a result she steps up her drug consumption and everything that happens after that is her being led around by the nose by Weatherby and her parents. Then Francis finds out, the shit hits the fan, she's taking more and more drugs and her crashing is becoming too obvious not to be noticed by those around her.

Now Francis' parents are going to step in and try to undo the damage by convincing their son to take another look at her behavior. Eventually the plot will out, and Leslie's parents will be revealed as the evil masterminds behind their daughter's brainwashing into adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
wow how erotic

we have to endure what a dumb, insane woman had done to herself and the rest of her Family. a woman who never in her whole life had a clear view about life in General and a clear view of her own life. she does not know the smallest Thing . a fucked up Little princess who has never made a contract like cellphone , car insurance , credit Card......... does she know how to tie her own shoes ???? she is a drug-addicted useless peace of shit and everybody still helps her. Can't get you really if you think anything of this should be erotic. and I have also no clue why her ex-husband/husband should take her back. she has nothing to offer ! why should he commit to her again ? so he can Nurse her till she dies ? who would take someone like this and give her a Job ? she belongs into a mental home, there is almost no way back, at least the way you describe her in ch. 03.

really bad ch. 3 makes absolutely no sense, not even for a reconciliation Story. if she would be a horse you would have to shoot her.

you make out of a simple case, the most complicated possible. I really just wait that her husband is the guilty one, that he forced her to cheat by being a nice guy for her , her Family , grandparents , friends....and that he has to apologise for being a nice guy.

oh sorry I forgot, I never will know, this is the end for me. just a waste of time to read further. good writing alone makes no Story if the plot stinks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Like the written and story and couldn't stop read it.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 9 years ago
What?

Is her becoming a mentally deficient addict after being a slut supposed to endear her to us?

Is his family being a bunch of idiots supposed to be believable? I could get that they might not want to throw her in the garbage. But they don't feel any loyalty to their son? The daughter feels no loyalty to her father? Beyond that, they are planning to get the two back together? Even if he decided to forgive her for being a slut, he would want to get back together with a self centered, brain dead drug addict? Leslie and the family are unpalatable characters. The plot to reunite them is stupid. The story can only go downhill from here and it's already pretty bad.

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 9 years ago
What a tangled web...

but I think I see a path out...

What I haven't seen anyone talk about is this: her origins.

Who got her hooked on the drugs to begin with? HER MOM!

What was her mom's situation like to get her daughter hooked on mind-altering prescription pharmaceuticals? Then, how controlling was her DAD? There are few people in our lives who can do the sort of psychological damage to us that our parents can do.

So, my way out: a confrontation between her husband, and her parents emerges where the truth about how they worked against his & her marriage the whole time, and her mother colluded, in effect, by hooking her on drugs that altered her views and perceptions...DELIBERATELY to break them apart.

This would clear the way for a (possible) reconciliation, but then...there are SO MANY ways this could go bad...the confrontation never emerges...the drugs story never emerges...he finds someone new...someone dies...kids go crazy and tie everything in knots...legal problems arise...ah, the fun that can be had with this story now that the stage is so well set.

Kudos, Carvohi!

Sawmill_SlatsSawmill_Slatsalmost 9 years ago
Lookit

Look at "Just Too Happily Married " to find out where this story is heading. Francis' family = The Judge. Francis' daughter will go over to her mother's side. Francis will see how he has been betrayed, and will leave his job, his daughter, and his parents to find happiness elsewhere. However, his wife, after she sinks lower and goes through rehab, will find him. Francis will take her back, et ad nauseum.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I liked it

And I liked it better at the end than I thought I would.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A Tedious Read

A famous author once advised other authors, "never write anything your readers will skip over." This story certainly doesn't follow that advice. What will happen next? The Dentist from one of Carvohi's other stories, will seduce Leslie and Victoria, then abuse them, and then the Dentist will turn around and successfully sue Francis, due to being caused stress by his wife and daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
can see another of carvohi, strong man to will cuckold stories

in the end it will be nothing more than a super RAAC story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
DOES VICTORIA AND HER GRANDPARENTS VALUE HIM

......no one seems to stop and think of his health....do they know she used protection... protection is never 100%.....can real loving parents risk burying their chid for the sake of a daughter they never had...heck they might end-up losing both....love is not just about having some one in your lives but it is also how the impact it ....druggie or not she knew what she was doing was wrong....even went as far as trying to justify it.....and now seems to want to let his family justify it for.....I don't have the answer,,,,just questions it's your story I am here for the ride...but Victoria..,,too selfish....mom and dad are they really that to him too?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
2 stars

Can already tell he'll take her back by 1. Everyone will work on him to get him to forgive her. 2. She'll OD and he'll come back to her. Wimp ass pussy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
all aboard the racc train

Anyone who thinks this story wont go full RAAC with Francis taking the the junkie slut back has obviously never read anything from Carvohi before. Im just surprised he allowed the husband to have a tiny amount of self respect by filling papers and cutting off her funds after she only up and ran off to fuck some other dude for 6 months.

Having everyone shocked by this turn of events is just piss poor storytelling and completely unbelievable as is her in-laws picking her side knowing what she did to their son. The slut's shock at her husbands actions is just pathetic characterization.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Simple?

Will some one please what is simple about this?

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Excellent writing

You have structured some very interesting characters and produce a very complex situation. Unfortunately it is not obvious that anything good can come out of all this.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 9 years ago
A couple, three things that need pointing out.

It's a small town, and anyone who thinks the town won't turn on Francis like a school of hungry piranha if they decide he has started being excessively cruel and vindictive toward Leslie has never lived in a small town.

Secondly, I suspect the Leslie was the "victim" of the sort of therapist who addresses chronic anxiety and depression by putting the patient on medication(s) so that the patient feels better, but who never actually tries to do the serious pick-and-shovel work of dealing with root causes of the anxiety and depression. In other words, she's popping pills because they are the only tools she has to deal with her issues, and no, it's not good for her, nor is it sustainable in the long term. Meds of that sort are supposed to be used to get a patient incapable of addressing her underlying issues into a state where work on those issues can begin. As the issues are addressed, the patient is supposed to come off the meds. Obviously in Leslie's case, none of that has happened.

Third, I can see this situation resolving in one of several different ways, some of them fairly tragic. Only a few of these scenarios involve reconciliation, and not all of those have happy endings.

Finally, as much as l have liked some of the stuff Carvohi has written in the past, he may in this instance have created a plotline that challenges his abilities as an author. As I was reading In the back of my mind I could hear the story screaming for a complete beginning to end edit/rewrite. It reads like a really good first draft to me.

smmhomesmmhomealmost 9 years ago
If we're to see these characters evolve, there's a heck of a lot of development yet to come...

In 22 years, never a symptom of her drug abuse - except cheating 21 years in?

Is this really plausible? Massive addiction and dependence on drugs her whole life... almost seems like another scam on her part... Maybe someone who better understands drug dependence can clarify the real-world plausibility of her problem...

Perhaps the bigger problem is if we accept the plot-ploy of the addiction as viable. Then we're left with the magic redemption tale... - She stops the drugs and 'Poof' she's all better now.

Sure he was hurt.. and mad... but she's got a good excuse... "it wasn't my fault I'll be good from now on - and you can believe it because I've gotten over my addiction... the drugs made me do it" So his other loved ones will simply ignore his happiness and good health and railroad him into a RAAC.

I'm actually OK with reconciliations (see Ari by ohio or Dilemma by Joesephus -which has a hint of potential rec), but I do find RAAC plots tiresome.

-- do we get to see characters evolve? or will a reconciliation be forced and feel ... 'unclean' or (even more likely in this story) 'unhealthy'. She feels bad but we have no evidence she knows what really wrong yet. He's firmly committed as she describes him, "he'd been slow and deliberate; he was a man slow to act but firmly committed once he had." If we're to see these characters evolve, there's a heck of a lot of development yet to come...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
why was she gone so long

Why leave without a fight And no contact in 7 months. I think she thought he had made up his mind for the most part. So She wanted to be away from him So she could work on her relationship with Richard. She chose Richard over him first Then when that fell through She tries to go back to her second choice Francis.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What!?

There is to be more? Finish this weepy thing and get it done. Euthanize it.

chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice job so far...

..I like the comment you don't know exactly where Francis is going to do. When I began writing novels, I was warned about twists and turns I had no idea about myself. It shocked me, although I knew exactly where a story was going to take me, I had no understanding of what the characters would do with me! To this day I remain shocked and humbled in the way my characters grew in a story and allowed me along for the ride.

Oh, and watch how you made a few mistakes jumping from 1st to 3rd person. It's tough to catch them all sometimes. Also, your punctuation wasn't exactly perfect either. Thankfully I have two editors that catch mine, my wife first and then my agents editor!

*****************************************

I feel for Francis. My own wife many years ago decided to step out on me. I didn't believe it at first, she didn't change at all. Then little things began popping up and I actually caught her riding her ex boyfriend of many years previous, in our spare bedroom. I wasn't nearly as nice as Francis and threw them both out, naked. It was that or the length of rubber hose in my hand that had already left a welt on her boyfriend.

My own parents, I was fairly young at the time, decided to take a hand in matters. It was their house we rented and they demanded I let my wife back in, she had no where to go. When I explained she had an ex boyfriends cock to sit on and she could do it at his house, if his wife would allow it, they were enraged. This was the girl they planned on to be the mother of their grandchildren. When I realized how it was going to be, we had no children yet, thankfully, I gave in. Not in the way you might think. I asked for 48 hours and went to work.

We lived in a small town outside Phoenix, a very small town at the time. The house and furnishings were my folks, but everything else was mine/ours. I made a few snap decisions that probably weren't for the best. I took all of Maxine's (Max) clothes outside and into the driveway, poured lighter fluid on them and lit 'em up. Then I threw every picture we owned on it. Keep in mind, this was back in the day before computers. Then I threw every knickknack on it, no matter if it was combustible or not, I wanted everything either burned or damaged. Half burned photos of our wedding day floated around it the air and I didn't toss them back on, I wanted Max to see what she lost. Even the binder holding them all was half burned, which was perfect. Clothes on the bottom of the pile were scorched and smoke damaged, rendered unusable.

Then I drove away. Working for my folks, I didn't bother getting my final paycheck, I left it for them to give to my soon to be ex. I moved in with a buddy who worked for a small company that not only needed more help, but would pay me more per hour and I'd get more hours per week! I was ecstatic. I stopped by the bank and took my name off our joint account and opened a new one in my name only. Then called the paper to say I wasn't responsible for any debts my wife incurred.

My brother told me later, my wife was devastated by what she found on the driveway, where I'd burned everything. It seemed as though the pictures meant more to her than her clothes and she spent hours sifting through the ashes. Anything that she could see the slightest image, she saved it. And my parents were livid with anger! They knew something was up that morning when I didn't show up for work and our home phone had been disconnected.

Although our town was relatively small, it was impossible to hide. Thankfully the job I had started at wasn't in our town, it was a half hour away. My buddy gave me a ride, I left the car at our rental, I didn't like it anyway. Saying he'd fund me for the short term, my friend gave me shelter and food and drove me back and forth to work for two months until I had enough money to buy an older used 1972 Chevy pickup, which I loved! All the while, I didn't have to see anyone from my wife, to my family, nor work at my old job being hounded to take Max back.

I had Max serviced after 4 months. Other friends of mine said they'd seen Tom (her old boyfriend) leaving my old place more than once. I tried to pay two of them some of my hard earned cash to take pictures but they did it free, none of them liked my wife and before long, I had a stack of pictures of my wife riding and being rode by ol' Tom through the bedroom shades. The few times I met up with my brother, he let me know our parents were enraged by the way I'd reacted and expected me to take Max back. So I did the best thing I could, other than sit and talk to them, I sent them a half dozen of the very best pictures of Max and Tom.

Max was asked to move after they got the pictures. I guess it's one thing to hear about something, its another to see it, even if through photography. Max moved in with Tom and that's where I had her served. She swore her undying love to my lawyer but that didn't get 'er done and we were soon divorced. Marriage with Tom never seemed to be in the cards, she lived with him for about 5 years before marrying another fellow who beat the hell out of her when she cheated on him. Yep, she cheated with Tom again. I'd heard he had a big cock, horse sized, so I guess the stories were true.

My parents went a year before they saw me again and they were much more pleasant. We patched things up, I went on to buy into the company and over the next twenty years, ended up making a very large amount of money, allowing me ample opportunity to write all I'd like and it was something I found myself to be reasonably successful at. I also ended up marrying the owners niece, we went on to have two children and now five grandchildren.

Max? When I see her on the street I ignore her and pass her by, as though she didn't exist. She tried to engage me in conversation many times, but I simply walked away. I've never spoke a word to her since that day so many years ago, when I caught her riding Tom's cock.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
3*s

The stories Carvohi writes are generally a very good read. Even when I dislike the direction his writing takes for his characters. He does a fine job getting the reader to understand their motivation. As we read his extensively detailed story we grow to love or hate, agree or disagree, with his characters and his plot. Unfortunately, this is looking like a wreck of a story. Not a good one. Actually a disturbing story to read because I know Carvohi can write better .

This reminds me of your Revelations Ch. 2 and Ch.3 and Ch.4 . Each one has characters with multiple personality disorder. The wife Leslie and to a lesser degree the husband Francis . Disposable characters like the neighbor ,and the friend , and Leslie' parents . Important characters like his parents, and their close relationship with the daughter-in-law don't show up until the third chapter.

I was glad when you stopped Revelations , maybe you should stop this story also.

Take a step back, write something else. Later come back to this. Maybe rewrite and 're-edit "A Simple Case....". You had a very good start with a smart cookie of a city raised wife. Trying to pull one over the country raised , smart and trusting husband. Since then the story has been a mess.

Gave you 3*s and a prayer . I am a disappointed but hopeful

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WHAT A SURPRISE

Looking at the comments, I am surprised!!

I thought it was my superior analysis that let me make a unique comment . It wasn't and it isn't , lol.

Others write about the Revelations failure.The similarities . The problem with the characters and their personality changes. The need for another edit or 're-write .

I guess the problems with this story are pretty obvious.

And, I am not exceptionally insightful .

Who would have thunk it,lol.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
carry on

its really complicated but quite natural. go with the flow please. whatever

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago
What happened?

1) this is not the same woman from part one

2) Francis, despite your efforts, is NOT a bad guy, nor is she a sympathetic figure if I take all versions of her and look at her actions objectively

3) very little happened in this story except she drives around, gets an apartment and slowly discovers what her husband did to her finances. This should not have taken three pages.

Oh...and she wept a lot. A LOT.

nickbgbnickbgbalmost 9 years ago
Home is where the heart is.

But shall these two halves ever come to know that feeling again? I would like to hope so, but neither of them are in a particularly good place right now.

I appreciated the mental health plot which you pursued in this chapter; for all that Leslie has been pleasantly surprised at the welcome, her guilt and gratitude is likely to prevent her from seeking any direct help on the matter. She is going to need Francis to help her see a way clear, yet he's more likely to increase the fragility at this point (resentment his parents involvement). You fear what she might be driven to in the interim, given all the meds.

I think that the characters will find more fulfilment in reconciliation than separation, getting there though...

Looking forward to the next instalment.

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
Very good writing Carvohi, but the gap between stories is problematic

Causes the reader to go back and forth to get a sense of what happened previously. But did greatly enjoy this installment. I get it, you dont know how to proceed with the story, thus the delay in posting, Maybe just finish the whole thing before posting anymore.

Thx for your efforts.

Myhands316Myhands316almost 9 years ago
Never post an unfinished story!

Carvohi,

Take a word of advice. Never post an unfinished story. If you were to look around, you will see many unfinished stories on this site. To not fall into the trap, where you are now, finish the story, no matter where it goes, before posting the first chapter. Then you can post the chapters equal distance apart and keep your reader's attention. This will give you time to check for continuity and plot holes, like you have in this installment. Especially, with an over twenty year marriage. Since once your protagonist goes to court, Sir Francis will be in deep shit! Keeping everything going for six months will work against him, since he did not have a court order allowing him to give her stuff, or the furniture away, or altering her car, insurance, credit cards etc... . He will have to pay for all that and much more. So, in the eyes of the court, he has lost the high ground, and is totally in the wrong, and they will make him pay. It's called status quo, and it must be maintained until the final dissolution is resolved to the courts satisfaction. which might make for good fodder for your next chapter.

Good luck,

Myhands316

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
to slow

You make us wait and have to review to catch up.

His parents are fools as well as his daughter. They think he ought to forgive,and take the bitch back. The first time she spread for the other guy it was over.

MCPOJim

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 9 years ago
Don't listen to the asshole annony. Your story is great

gave you a 5

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years agoAuthor
To the anonymous writers...

Many of you have very interesting and worthwhile comments. I don't mind the anonymity, but I would like to reply and get more input, if not for this story than for my next one. You can email me privately.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124almost 9 years ago
Another good part...

but as some have pointed out, it is problematic with the breaks taking a long time. For me, since I'm following several story lines on LW, I've got to go back and re-read parts of the last chapter to get me back up to speed on who's who and who did what to whom.

5 *'s

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
Getting way too complicated

I don't think you can believable transform the evil bitch in part one into a facsimile of a decent human being. It's hard to buy "mother's little helper" taking the blame for this without it having been an obvious problem beforehand.

Actually, it is looking like Francis should divorce his parents and children as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
It is too slow

The story might be good but it is too slow. Outside of having some other man's baby, I don't remember the other things she did,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
That Francis' folks are taking on responsibility for her bodes poorly for....

....their relationship with Francis.

Her casual drug abuse is a serious impediment to her making any real progress on any front.

And most of these characters are just plain weird.

No family loyalties. A daughter that after joining a conspiracy of betrayal against her father believes in any universe that anything will get fixed is simply willfully living a fantasy.

Too many weird things happening. You need to muck out the barn and focus on the core story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
HELLO

Hello...hello...hell...o

I'm sure there's a story here...somewhere

Helloooooooo.

JounarJounaralmost 9 years ago

FD45 nailed it in his comments. The wife in this chapter is a total buffoon and a completely differently character to the lying, cunning and manipulative woman from chapter 1. She cheats for who knows how long, shows zero remorse, leaves her husband for another man and 6 months later is shocked to find her credits cards and phone is turned off!

Hubby really has a shit fucking family. Kids knew their mom was a cheating slut and still took her side. The crippled daughter was left to fend for herself while the slut was off fucking her toyboy and its no big deal. The reason she insisted their son is named after her lover is very conveniently forgotten. Now you have his parents plotting and planning to force him back to the druggie slut.

Now your trying to make hubby out to be the bad guy? Because he moved on after she left him for her boytoy for 6 months! And stop acting like you wont make this into a RAAC ending. Your previous work betrays you.

greowulfgreowulfalmost 9 years ago
meaningless detail

This story is straight begged down now. Nothing happened that couldn't be adequately conveyed in 2-3 paragraphs. The drugs scapegoat is both too convenient and unbelievable from her character in Pt. 1. This is lazy writing plain and simple, and I strongly dislike where I see it going--no explanation for the gaslighting and other contemptuous behavior apart from her "drug problem" which there is NO WAY she could have hidden for 22 years if she was that far gone. No personal responsibility or character growth here. Finish it off please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
here is a comment you will hate

Your story is meandering... It should have ended two chapters ago...

#epic_fail

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 9 years ago
I'm sorry but I don't agree with most of the negative comments.....

I love the story and yes she is like a buffoon in this chapter, but that's what happens when you carry around a sewing kit! Her mother taught her how to cope long ago, just stay numb.

And somehow good old Richard Weatherby knew to bring her some candy so she would stay numb! I'm not condoning her cheating and I think Francis needs to exact a little bit of revenge to heal his pride. But should be screw up his whole life because of pride?

If he still loves her, they do counseling and try to get over it. If they can't get over it, then they split for good. But the bottom line is to get her off her dependency to drugs, so she make some competent choices!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
the most amazing thing about this story is

that Carvohi REALLY deep down thinks this is a GOOD story. Think about that for a second

there are 2 possibilities.

1 Carvohi KNOWS this is crap but puts it out there anyway just to get folks riled up. In which case is a self centered fucking asshole

2. Carvohi THINKS this is really good ... In which case he is has serious issues.

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years agoAuthor
Gee...

Harry's still talking to me. Somebody turn that damn computer off in the Pentagon. The Pentagon's still in Virginia isn't it?

Harry...I love you man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I found your story interesting and different from most of what is on Literotica. I also am looking forward to your next installment-I am interested in how you will finally resolve the main characters' differences.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 9 years ago
Getting there

Okay, after some confusion I had in part one I now see that this is going somewhere. To the people who complain about stories being too long: too bad. There isn't that much filler and if all you want is a narrow plot line go read someone else. I am looking forward to the next installment of this story. The drug thing is a real issue; I don't know how that'll be dealt with and I agree with others the husband probably should have been aware of drug-induced mood swings. Or maybe he kept her so happy she was fairly clean till the merde hit the fan?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Self aggrandizement aside......

..... I liked it. Please do continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Argh leaving me hanging

Congrats. Another great chapter. Four out of five. I have gone from hating Leslie to feeling some sympathy for her. Leslie's suffering is the key to making these stories work. It has to be not too much and not too little. The depth of her drug problem surprises me. I didn't get a hint of that in Chapter 1. Or maybe there was a reference to sudden mood swings that I didn't notice. I will go back and check. I like all the secondary characters. Be careful when flipping from POV to POV. It is a powerful technique for an author but readers need to know clearly whose eyes they are looking through. I got confused at one point in this chapter. Also I admire your confession you don't know where this is going. Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Let me illustrate how mediocre this story has become.

I can move on to chapter 4 and see what happens next, or I can finish this comment, take a shower, and get on with my day. Ahhhh . . ., the water feels wonderful! And your story isn't going anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Children who condone cheating...

....are not to be tolerated. I was cheated on when my kids were 15 and 16 12, a boy and a girl, respectively. They knew their mother was cheating, yet said nothing. When I caught her and filed for divorce, they were angry with ME for divorcing their mother. Sex was just sex was their argument and I was going overboard because their mother loved me.

All three put the full court press on me. My wife was dismissive, my kids were nasty, saying it was my fault our family was being torn apart. I should , in their words, man up and pull up my big boy pants, otherwise they were going to live with their mother and have nothing to do with me. That was the straw that broke this camels back and when they were at school and my wife at work, I loaded the few things I wanted in the back seat of my old beat up Camary with over 300K miles on it and drove away.

That was 10 years ago. Since that time I've worked in the Gulf of Mexico on oil platforms and banked some, to me, big money. And money made bigger by a great investment firm. I've never remarried, hell, I'm not even sure if I'm married. My old family doesn't know where I am or don't care, either way I am pleased to never see them again. I've bought a small ranch in southern Idaho and as I write this I'm about to fly out there and begin living there full time. Someday I hope to remarry, but since the day I left, I've never even had sex with another woman. No desire nor time to. I work and do little else. Until now, that is!

I understand my wife lives alone, the kids have both married and moved away. My daughter has two kids, grandkids I'll never see. Am I happy? YES.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Re-read

Okay, so my memory lapsed and I got called on it. I went back and re-read from the beginning. I found this:

"Richard was a big help to me back then; he did a lot more than just hold me and love me. The girl he'd been dating before me had some kind of medical problem and she used something called Roliphyl or Rohypnol I think. Richard always had some for me. Before we went out he always made sure I took one; I sort of remember how dreamy they made me feel. Sometimes I'd take two. I wouldn't even remember anything if I took two.

He gave me some more when he came to see me after his wife left him. I still have some in my kit. He gave me a big bottle; they aren't marked so I couldn't say where he got them. "

She was taking the "DATE RAPE" drug willingly? This from a woman who specialized in helping victims of domestic violence? Very confusing or a very stupid woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Now she is a drug addict who gets caught DUI

In this chapter she can't make a move without drugs. She needs drugs to get moving and slow down. Francis' parents conspire against him his father can't understand why He can't get over it because of the time that has passed. That time is part of the problem. She abandoned her family and continued her affair with Richard. No one would take her side.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Okay you're just dragging this out

And not in an interesting fashion. Just too much blah, blah, blah that adds nothing to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
to anonymous with the 3 kids.

If you even have 3 kids.

I call bs as that story sure sounds it.

and if it is then your old family are far better off without you in their lives

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No Change In My Perception

The moment she started popping pills like they were tic tacs, my sympathy register for Leslie bottomed out. I am fully behind the husband. He has not done one thing illegal or underhanded. I tire from women who turn on the sprinklers when things don't go their way. Yes, Richard gave her drugs, but Leslie brought Richard into her marriage. So now...Tough shit. NO SYMPATHY.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you, Carvo, she still has not faced her abject lack of respect for him yet...

But it is good to see something besides the usual BTB stuff .

If I were Francis, I would FEEL betrayed by my parents. My rational mind could see why they were being kind but watching them catch her would really hurt me emotionally, Dang this is getting complex. OldBearSwitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
you were correct,

it is way to long winded to hold a reader's interest

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Whiners

Title says it all, except for maybe ungrateful

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
What she did was ongoing...

With her being stupid enough to not know what drugs she's taking - if we believe that about the Rohypnol - she could be forgiven once... But no way she didn't know what was happening after... "was with a guy, could feel she'd had sex, couldn't remember it, stands to reason the guy was somehow involved in both of those things, should no longer SEE the guy".

For his family to support her is one thing - "You hurt Francis but we still love you..." But to assist her in getting him back - "and we'll gladly put him through more pain to make YOU happy."

Gosh, thanks family... How about instead, "and we're sorry you feel bad but we'll only help you get YOUR shit together, not the two of you together."

Interesting how your stories never delve into anyone finding out HOW hurt the guy was... Because your characters don't really seem to care about THAT. Their primary interest is in making the wife happy again.

I suspect you'd argue they're trying to make the husband happy again too... But why don't they consider that maybe the way to do that is to help him get OVER the cheating wife rather than sucking it up and accepting what they've done...?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It seems the husband will be made to look like the bad guy

And the manipulation continues.

My guess is the husband will have to suck it up. Nothing like having family and friends wanting to drag you through the pain and humiliation again. And I already see the beginnings of blaming him for her behavior: he had young girls following him, etc. Hopefully the story doesn't go down that path.

I hope the "why" is believable. She made a decision to break her vows, lied, and manipulated him. And not just once. It's going to have to be a doozy.

xtchrxtchrabout 7 years ago
Uh Oh!

I don't like the way this story is going. Everybody is siding with the cheater to get her husband back. I hate to say it, but this guy should disappear and leave the wife, the kids and his parents behind. I agree with most of the other comments, somehow it is going to be his fault that his 'oh soooo loving wife' is a cheater and a drug addict. Lots of excuses for her cheating.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
"A place where we could force them to be together"

Jesus. None of these people love Francis.

Pappy7Pappy7over 6 years ago
If I was Francis I would move to Oregon

and not leave a phone number or an address. His family, including his kids, are sorry pieces of shit. He's better off without them. If they don't love him they should at least leave him alone. Yet they are going out of their way to try to force him back into a horrible situation. Whole town sucks.

wonder203wonder203over 6 years ago
Something is wrong

with this picture. For over 20 years she lives with this guy and raises a family. She is a middle aged woman and for some reason you are portraying her as a drugged out spoilt little girl instead of a woman that cheated. If she was this addicted it would have been evident all along and shown it self to her family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pretty good story...

I often wonder at the comments made on a cheating wife - "Story"? Does everyone actually think of themselves as being in the protagonist's position throughout the story? Just wondering...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm with most of the comments

Why is everyone taking the cheater's side? I don't get it. It makes no sense. I Know it's a story but I need some explanation to believed, if not it seems I got into a twilight zone episode. I have seen no regret from her so far. No soul searching, no counseling. Nothing. She lost her meal ticket and now she wants it back. That's the story you're portraying. And the poor chump, the guy that was betrayed and cheated get no support or understanding from his family. It's your story but seems pretty twisted to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Little unbelievable

What mother goes 6 months without any contact with children? Good story tho, I wonder if the ending has been telagraphed

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Enjoyed your telling

Hate her, and the story arc so far

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story but making her a closet pill-head is a copout

The pills are a cop out. It sets up the reconciliation that you can feel coming. You could have done ANYTHING else. I agree it doesn’t have to be a BTB story, but they don’t have to get back together.

I don’t know if she can earn her way back. She named their son after her LOVER for goodness sake! How do you get back even from that gaff , let alone the blatant cheating?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous