All Comments on 'A Staged Romance'

by Boadicea

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Cute!

I loved how this was written.

jzimmerlijzimmerliabout 17 years ago
Nice

Romantic, Sexy and playful... boo hiss I know, but I like the writing style.

dark_poet43dark_poet43about 17 years ago
Worthy of Shakespeare!

I loved this story!!! It was so reminiscent of Shakespeare, with the three narrators in the role of Oberon's fairies. So well written, very sweet and romantic. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
So so lovely

I love your work and this certainly didn't disappoint. The Shakespearean twist you put on your lovers relationship was extra fun. Sexy, swift (but still long enough to tempt and lure), I loved reading this; write more please!

michchick98michchick98almost 17 years ago
Great Love Story!

I have no words beyond the title of my comment! Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
If I could write as well as you . . .

. . . I would respond in couplets. Thank you for your tale in the style of the Bard.

knightofheartsknightofheartsover 15 years ago
Chianna

Look at the princess: a kiss is but a kiss and the dog with two bones. Loved the Farscape quotes. Impressive as always.

lustybelladonnalustybelladonnaalmost 14 years ago
Wonderful

Exquisitely written. Please write more.

CookieEsqCookieEsqover 13 years ago
Amazing

If my memory of English classes past serves me correctly, there were allusions to at least 4 Shakespearean plays. Nicely done! Loved the adaptation of the "tomorrow" soliloquy in the beginning. I half expected the whole thing to be written in iambic pentameter. A fun and engaging read! Looking forward to reading more.

jamac1024jamac1024almost 13 years ago
awesome!

i may not have had as broad a curriculum for english lit as an american or british student but i surely appreciate this ode to shakespearean plays...love, love, love it!!!

ps: i just noticed after reading stories in this site for several years now, those who are excellent authors are not submitting here anymore...if they are published now wish they'd indicate in their bios their publishing pen names so i can go out and buy their work...

KrutherKrutherover 11 years ago
What a fun read!

Enjoyed every moment of this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Full of sound and fury yet...

Loved the story...was laughing when I recognized the first line. Thank you for the lovely story,

amja7578amja7578over 10 years ago

Beautiful story! Loved your parallelism with R&J and all the jokes around it!!!

Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful!

I enjoyed it very much. Besides the obvious Romeo and Juliet, I also caught some Taming of the Shrew, as well has MacBeth; the three storytellers screamed Weird Sisters to me, even though one was a man.

Bravo!

Silver_lining06Silver_lining06over 7 years ago
I LOVE this story!!

You know what...I have no other words to describe this story than to say it was absolutely BRILLIANT!!! I JUST FREAKIN' LOVED IT!!

Thats all....and one more thing...I'll be waiting desperately to read more stories like this!!

EclecticReaderEclecticReaderabout 7 years ago

Silver_lining has it right. A Shakespearean homage written with great skill. But, alas Silver will likely wait in vain unless you start to share stories again.

THANKS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I didn’t care for this story. “It” couldn’t figure out if it wanted to be medieval,

Shakespearian, or modern. I couldn’t figure it out either and I finally lost interest about a third of the way through. Thanks anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
weird but cute

I meant to give it #4 not a 3 for it's originallty. (Sorry no dictionary handy).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous