A Story of a Change

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was time to bite the bullet. Will snuck out of bed, and lovingly covered Vickie with the comforter. He grabbed his robe and as he put it on, he quietly left the room, leaving the door ajar so he could hear if she stirred.

"Morning," Will greeted his parents, pouring a cup of coffee to keep his hands busy.

"Sit," Henry Conall ordered.

"Henry!" Mary Conall admonished her husband. "How is Vicky this morning?"

"Yes, how's her breathing? Is there any redness around the mark site? Have you..." Mary squeezed her husband's hand. He fell silent and sat back.

Will sat facing his parents across the kitchen table, "Vickie is sleeping. Her breathing is good. I haven't seen how her leg is this morning, but there was no adverse reaction last night." He stared into his coffee and whispered, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Mary squeezed Henry's hand again keeping him still. Will recounted the relevant events from the prior evening. "I knew I should have never gotten near her like that. I should have left and went to her this morning, but I can't and won't regret bonding myself to her."

Mary and Henry gave each other a knowing look. Their son was a wolf who felt the call to mate strongly, making fate his matchmaker.

"We called the Starks after you got here. Luckily they didn't know she was gone. We told them you found Vickie with a spider bite, and she was having a bad reaction. Your dad convinced them she would get better care here for the night. They'll be here at eight to take her to the hospital." As Mary spoke, Will's eyes grew wide with panic, but he kept his mouth shut. He could never fix the harm he caused but he could stop making more trouble.

"Did you know she's ill?" Dr. Conall asked, slipping into doctor mode.

Will nodded his head. He didn't have any details. He only knew that it serious for humans, and helped make her who she was.

"She has a tumour in her brain stem. I don't know what will happen when she changes." Dr. Conall took off his glasses and cleared his throat. "She could be cured, but she could just as likely become a quadriplegic or even die."

Will stood up. "I'll get Vickie cleaned up." He turned and left, unable and unwilling to deal with any thought of the future.

After drawing a bath, he watched Vickie sleep for a moment, then brushed some hair from her face. "Angel, wake up."

"Will?"

"You may need to go to the hospital, would you like a bath first?"

Without thinking, she tried to stand. She would have ended up on the floor if Will hadn't caught her.

"May I?" he asked, as he gathered her into his arms, placed her into the tub, and began washing her. She was embarrassed, being so weak, so she didn't say much, just mumbling her thanks.

Will wished he could slide in the tub behind her. He imagined slipping into her. His hands exploring the body in front of him, finding the spots that create the greatest response.

When she was clean, he got her out of the tub, dried her, and took her back into his room.

His mom had changed his sheets and was taking a T-shirt out of his drawer. "Here, you can wear this Vickie." She helped Vickie into the shirt, tucked her back into bed, and kissed her on the forehead. "I'm so glad you're here, sweetheart." Vickie smiled, closed her eyes, and was asleep again.

"Take some clothes, and shower in our room in case the Starks arrive early." Mary ordered. She watched as he grabbed some thing to wear. "Don't worry Pup, for the same reasons you were drawn to her, she'll be fine."

When the Starks arrived, they went straight up to Vickie. Before they could even open their mouths she started to beg, "Please don't make me go."

Will was at her side in a shot, smoothing her hair, whispering words of comfort into her ear. Dr. Conall smiled and suggested that they go downstairs to discuss the situation. Mary said she missed taking care of people and seeing Will jump to Vickie's side, clearly showed his feelings. Soon, Mr. and Mrs. Stark were convinced that the Conalls wanted Vickie to stay as much as she wanted to stay. They decided to defer to their daughter, confident in her care. Besides, Vickie was an adult who could and should make her own decisions (even if they wished they could take over)

***

For the next few days, Vickie slept. Will woke her up, fed her, and helped her take care of all her personal care needs. On the evening of the third day she awoke.

Will went to help fix dinner, mostly to give Mary a chance to talk to Vick. "How much do you remember of the night you came here?" Mary softly asked.

Vickie looked down. She could remember every kiss, every caress, every lick, the whole amazing, unexpected, torrid, unbelievable night. She shivered and blushed at the thought. "All of it."

"So you understand that we are werewolves."

"Yes."

"And now you are too."

"I figured that I would be a... werewolf now. That sounds so weird. A few days ago I thought werewolves were a legend, mostly found in bad horror movies and cheesy porn."

Mary laughed, "It is a lot to take in."

Vickie took a big breath. She was starting to understand. "When Will... marked me, I saw things. They were something like instincts, weren't they?"

Mary smiled, "Yes, everything you need to know, although you will need a reminder, or some clarification on the details."

"That's why it feels like I knew about this before. I'd probably be freaking with out it."

Mary placed a hand on Vickie's knee, "Will was wrong to approach you like that."

Vickie's eyes shot up, and filled with panic. The tenderness and passion, the openness, hearing that it was wrong, filled her with fear. That night she felt whole. Every thing that she couldn't do didn't matter. A man loved her for who she was. No problem was insurmountable.

The smell of fear brought tears to Mary's eyes, "Sweetheart, remember what Will promised you?"

"Yes"

"He mated with you. Mating is for life"

Vickie thought for a second. "Will bound himself to me but I'm not mated to him."

"You are free to choose a mate or not. Will's breach was changing you with out your consent. You should have been given a choice and after you agreed, time to prepare and adjust you life to accommodate new realities."

"I would have chosen Will anyway, but if I knew first I would have made plans to make this go more smoothly."

"Exactly," Mary continued with the conversation she came for, "Vickie, you need to change tonight."

"OK, so that's what I'm feeling," Vickie replied, speaking more to herself than to Mary. She had been feeling strange since she woke up, a cross between achy, horny and something else.

"Will is going to talk you through it."

"Supper's ready," Will popped his head in. "Are you up to coming down stairs and meeting a few of the pack?"

"Just so you know the boys can be very direct," Mary whispered. Out loud she said, "I think that sounds lovely, all you need is a pair of shorts.

Vickie pulled on the shorts; the shirt she was wearing was fine. This time when she stood up, she managed to stay vertical. Will gave her his arm and helped steady her as she walked to the kitchen.

Three guys were at the table loudly joking and teasing each other while they ate. When they entered the group quieted down. "I'm Zander, I'm Will's cousin, that's Jack and Trevor, they're brothers." Zander stood and pulled out a chair for Vickie as he made the introductions. She sat and he pushed the chair in. Zander smelled her hair and said, "You smell exquisite, and I bet you look even better naked. No wonder Will couldn't wait to fuck you."

Vickie looked up and saw playful lust dancing in his eyes. Will gave a threatening growl.

Zander calmly looked at Will sat down and said, "You're the one who left her fair game." He turned to Vickie, gave her a wink and continued, "And she should at least try me out before she decides."

Quickly Jack changing the subject, "Welcome to the pack."

"Yeah, first change eh? That's exciting. Just make sure you don't over eat right now. You might hurl." Trevor gave her an encouraging smile with his advice.

The rest of the meal stayed light and friendly, but soon Vickie was getting itchy and anxious. Will looked at her and announced, "I think it's time to change." The other three agreed.

The men striped down and threw their clothes in a laundry hamper. Vickie had lost her sense of modesty in the hospital, so she followed the guy's lead. Will quickly picked her up saying something about a long walk, but not before she saw how she affected him. Zander stood, his gaze wandering over her, his body language casually encouraging her to notice his obvious appreciation.

"I'll take you to a small glade were you won't have any distractions," Will told this more to Zander, as a warning to back off, than to Vickie.

Will carried her to protected area, about the same size as his bed. Vickie got down on her hands and knees. "Good, find the wolf in you, imagine her coming to the surface."

She focused on her goal, pushing out any thought about how impossible this was. Then she felt her body, stretching, rearranging. It felt as if she couldn't feel pain. This should hurt like hell but it didn't. Then it was over. She was a wolf. She looked at her paws, took a few steps, and fell over, exhausted. Vickie convulsed a few times, reverted to her human form and closed her eyes.

For the second time, Will burst through the door carrying an unconscious Vickie. "Dad, Help!"

Dr. Conall yelled from the library," Bring her in here." He had already had his old fashioned doctor bag beside the couch. Will set her down and Henry began examine her.

When his stethoscope hit her chest, her arms came up, and she tried to turn away. "Mmmmm, cold," Vickie complained and fell back asleep.

Henry Conall looked up smiling and Will began to breathe again. "It's just exhaustion. I'll need a MRI to be sure but I think her tumour should be gone." He looked back down at her, "After all those changes, you'd be exhausted to."

***

Vickie awoke the next morning in a strange bed. She tried sit up. Every muscle in her body screamed. "Ouwwahh!" she moaned. Even her hair hurt.

Mary knocked and walked in. "Oh, Sweetheart, you must be sore. Here take these." She handed Vickie a couple pills and a glass of water. "They're close to ibprophine but it works better with our metabolism."

"Thanks, I feel like I was hit by a bus."

Mary smiled, "It doesn't matter who you are, the first change like is doing Pilates for 24 hours."

"Where am I?"

"The spare room nearest the kitchen, Will brought your things down last night. He wants to give you space."

"What? Space?" Vickie felt lost, and confused. She felt like she was stuck in a bad movie.

"When you collapsed last night, Will was afraid he his bite was killing you. Now, he thinks he doesn't deserve you."

"What about what I think?"

"It's a male thing. Pup is a smart boy. It won't take him long to realize mates work better together. He'll be close if you need him. Give him time to come around. If he pouts too long we'll tune him in."

After a hot shower and dressing the pills had kicked in and Vickie could move again. She walked to the kitchen and ate the large breakfast waiting for her. She was all most finished when she noticed how easy it was to use her knife and fork.

With perfect timing Henry walked in, "Good morning Vickie, would you mind if I did a quick neuro exam?"

"Of course not."

He asked her to stand with her feet together arms out. She hated this one, she always fell. "Close your eyes," Henry asked. Nothing happened.

Vickie was thinking all sorts of things at once, "what the...this can't be real...am I better...?" Only one thought came out her mouth, "I'm still standing."

"Yes, you are. Can you touch the end of your nose with the tip of your finger?"

When her right finger hit its target, she giggled. When her left finger gave an encore, she started to cry. Will burst into the room. "Angel!" She buried her face in his chest. Will pulled in a chair, sat, and lifted her onto his lap. Her world was changing at a dizzying pace and she wasn't sure she could keep up. It was like a dam broke. All of the confusion, uncertainty, and warring emotions flooded out of her. Smelling Will, wrapped in his arms, Vickie eventually calmed down. Feeling his arousal at being close to her, reassured her, reminding her, this new life came with Will .

She looked at Henry. "Does this mean I'm...?" She couldn't finish.

"I have a MRI scheduled at a private clinic, if it's OK with you, but yes, I think your tumour could have been eradicated."

"When?"

"Tonight, if you like."

"Yes, please."

Looking back, Vickie couldn't remember much about this day. She called her parents and told them she was going to stay with the Conalls as a vacation. The thought of being cured was both exciting and scary. Being a werewolf was exciting and scary. Arriving at the clinic made her feel better. Knowing if her tumour was gone or not, was a question she could get answered. Answers can be dealt with, questions could only be answered.

After the scan they looked over the results with the tech. It was official, the tumour was gone.

***

Over the next few weeks Vickie began to settle into her new reality. It took awhile to change her mindset from working on accepting her limitations to exploring her new abilities.

Will continued to both hover and stay away, but she saw the longing in his eyes. He wasn't going any where. She could give him time.

After the first supper, Trevor went to join the rest of the pack on their land south of town. Jack and Zander were spending the summer helping with pack business on the estate. The estate worked as a sort of embassy, where contact with outsiders was easier to control.

Vickie and Jack found they had similar tastes. They were trading books within days and had the same definition of must see TV.

Zander continued to hit on Vickie. He was part hunter part lounge lizard. To him, asking "Your bed or mine?" was subtle. When she got that, sometimes she would flirt back, enjoying the verbal sparing. Sometimes, she wanted to find a way to shut him up.

One evening, Jack was giving Vickie a who's who of the pack while they manned the barbeque. Will was sitting around the corner with a magazine. Zander reclined on the patio lounger. He added his two cents here and there, mostly by rating the "fuck-ability" of some of the women. Vickie had enough. Zander needed taken down a peg or twenty.

"If you're so hot in bed stud, prove it." Vickie challenged. "Get me off by touching just one of my fingers. Then I'll spend tonight in your room repaying the favour. If you don't live up to hype, you learn some manners."

Zander was thrilled. He could already see himself driving her wild with his manly prowess. She held up her pointer finger and he strutted toward her. He lightly kissed the tip of her finger. She gasped with surprise. Her Were powered sense of touch was intensely sensitive, especially compared to the dulled version she had become accustom to. The breeze shifted, and Will's scent filled her nostrils. Vickie closed her eyes. In her mind she saw Zander morph into Will and it was his mouth that engulfed her finger. The possessiveness and desire pouring from Will was making her juices flow. The wind changed direction again, taking Will and his scent with it. Vickie opened her eyes to see Zander giving an enthusiastic impression of a blow job to her finger. "Wow that should be the definition of a turn off." Vickie deadpanned. She pulled back her hand. "Hamburgers need flipped." She spun around and busied herself at the barbeque.

Jack burst out laughing. "That was harsh, Vic. It smelled like you sucked all your pheromones back in." He turned to Zander. "Try getting some clothes from Will's laundry. You might have had her if she hadn't lost his scent." Jack laughed even harder at the pair of death glares cast at him.

"I'll see if they help in the kitchen," Zander mumbled as he went inside. He found Will leaning into the counter, trying to gather himself. "Idiot," Zander said as he smacked Will in back of the head.

After the first change it was a lot easier to become a wolf. Since, Will was still holding back, Jack hung out with Vickie when she changed. They played a game that was a combination between hide and seek, and tag, giving her a chance to work on hunting and tracking.

Vickie woke up after her third change to find she was using Jack as a pillow and blanket. Jack was already awake, amusing himself by playing with her breasts. "You have a great rack." Jack commented. He kissed her deeply and she reciprocated. He stood up, took her hand, and helped her up. "You're also a phenomenal kisser."

"You're not so bad yourself," replied Vickie, "to bad we're just friends."

"Yeah, but at least I can still feel you up some times."

Vickie laughed. She found she liked how physical the pack was. She had always been affectionate. Hugging and kissing her family was normal. The pack communicated more by touch, smell and taste. Waking up naked, wrapped around Jack, with him playing with her boobs was oddly nonsexual. It was a chaste heavy petting. Henry and Mary both licked her shoulder when she came in after a change. Before it would have been weird, but now it was full of love and affection.

Vickie, Jack, and Zander were cuddled on the couch, watching a TV show with werewolves. Will was pretending to read in the library, staying close to Vickie, without interfering in her life. He was listening to them. They were having fun, joking about the differences between TV and reality, and enjoying the show for its self. Occasionally Zander would make a creative suggestion. Vickie and Jack laughed at him, discussing the logistics of the more interesting ideas.

Between hearing her and Zander flirting, and seeing her and Jack getting closer, he couldn't take it any more. He wanted to deal with this like a caveman, throw her over his shoulder and drag her back to his cave. "I'm a Neanderthal stalker, Great." He had devoted himself to her; he should at least talk to her. Following her in shadows helped no one. Yes, talking is good.

He asked to speak to her in private, and was relived she followed him. He led her to his room and opened the door. She walked in and stood by the bed. He shut the door and locked it. "I want to ..." he started but instead of finishing, he went to her. She looked into his eyes, the eyes that first told her of his acceptance, love and desire. He took her hand and kissed her finger.

Her body felt like a tightly wound spring. He gently sucked on the tip of her finger. All of the tension of the last weeks suddenly turned to arousal. She felt his tongue touch her and she exploded. Her knees buckled and his arms went around her. Her eyes and body invited him in. She wanted him and his soul rejoiced.

They could never remember how they ended up naked on the bed. He was a man possessed. He needed to touch her every where, kiss her every where. He settled, trying to suck as much of one breast into his mouth as possible, while teasing and playing with the other, feeling her nipples harden.

She lifted her head and whispered, "I want you by my side and in my bed." He stopped abruptly, leaving her breast, moved up and breathed in her hair. He remained quiet as if in a trance.

She flipped him onto his back and hissed in his ear, "I'm much stronger now, and I can say want."

He intently watched her kiss and taste her way down his body. She was devoting herself to him, claiming him as her mate. The emotion and need he felt were greater than anything he could imagine. The dance between love and lust left him dizzy. He felt their beings melding together.

Now that she was a werewolf he smelled different, better. She looked into his eyes. He was engrossed in everything she was and did. She felt she could do no wrong.