A Story of Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The two girls entered into some heavy conversation. They just kept talking and drinking for quite some time. Scarlett felt completely at ease talking with Jena and they talked about all kinds of things. They found out that they had a lot in common. They had pretty much the same view on many diverse issues like religion, politics, literature and most importantly perhaps, movies. As luck would have it, it turned out that they both were fans of each other. It was more than just polite complimenting; they went in deep analysis of their respective movies and their performances.

The discussion went on about different acting techniques and other secretes of the trade. Scarlett started to admire Jena more and more as the discussion went on. She had in Scarlett's opinion the perfect balance between self-confidence and humility. So many other people in Hollywood just kept speaking about how great they were and many of the ordinary people Scarlett met were so star struck that they couldn't get any reasonable word out. That was not the case with Jena though. Scarlett found herself talking to an equal for the first time in a long while. They had just concluded the discussion on "A Love Song for Bobby Long" when Jena asked a question that took Scarlett by surprise.

"So, what were you thinking about over at the bar. You sure did seem to be very focused on whatever it was."

"Oh. Nothing special really. Just ... you know... paintings."

"Paintings, huh?"

"Yeah. I was in this movie about a painting and I thought about that."

"'Girl With a Pearl Earring.' I saw it in the theatre. You were great. You were so beautiful."

Scarlett blushed a bit when Jena called her beautiful. People were calling her beautiful all the time, but the fact that it was Jena had this special effect on her.

"I ... I... thank you I guess. I did my best. I studied a lot of art before I did my part."

"How come you thought about that now?"

"No reason," Scarlett answered a bit too quickly.

"No reason?"

Jena rolled her eyes and made it perfectly clear that she didn't believe Scarlett. Jena sat silently thinking for a while before she addressed Scarlett again.

"I mean you were really perfect for that part. You looked so vulnerable, yet sexy. You nailed it perfectly."

"Thank you," Scarlett said

She blushed again. What was all this blushing about? Scarlett wondered. And why was Jena complimenting her on her looks again? She thought that she should be able to take a compliment without blushing; she was a movie star after all.

"I would have loved to be in a movie like that; too bad I don't look like that painting. You said you studied a lot of paintings right?"

"Yes."

"Okay. So which painting could I be?"

Jena took off her glasses and pulled her fake hair back in order to give Scarlett a good view of her face. She wasn't too worried about getting recognised; she didn't get that too often. Scarlett didn't really know what to say. A moment ago she had been thinking that Jena looked like the most beautiful woman in the history of art and now Jena was asking a question about that very subject. Scarlett tried to think about what to say.

"You must have seen some painting that looked like me." Jena said.

Scarlett convinced herself to tell the truth and a barely audible whisper was heard.

"I don't know, but you are really beautiful. You could be a model for a painting and it would become an instant classic. You are that good looking."

Scarlett looked away from Jena's gaze as she said this. Scarlett had her glasses on, but she was still worried that Jena would read her expression. It was supposed to just be a very nice compliment from one friend to another, but Scarlett felt that it was more than that. She very rarely got embarrassed, but this was one of those times. Jena put her hand on top of Scarlett's and squeezed it gently. Scarlett looked up at Jena with an insecure look on her face.

"Thank you Scarlett. It's very nice of you to say that I am beautiful." Jena said.

Jena's words made Scarlett feel less embarrassed about what she had said. Scarlett responded to Jena's hand squeezing and held Jena's hand. Scarlett took a zip of wine to ease her nervousness, but did not let go of Jena's hand. The physical contact awoke strange feelings in Scarlett. She had never been adverse to physical contact with her female friends, but this felt special.

Suddenly Jena's face lit up with an idea. She temporarily left Scarlett and went over to the bar. Scarlet could see that she slipped the bartender some money, but she couldn't hear what any of them said. Jena came back and sat down and was immediately met with a question from Scarlett.

"What was that all about?"

"You'll see soon enough, I promise."

As she said this she put her hand back on Scarlett's, proving the previous handholding had been no coincidence. Scarlett had no problem with that and the conversation went on as before.

"I have a question for you. Why were you so insistent back at the party that I follow you?" Scarlett said.

Jena took a sip of wine as she pondered this question.

"It's easy really. I was also a bit bored so I wanted to leave."

"No you weren't. You said that you had a good time with your co-workers."

"Okay, maybe I did, but I wanted to be with you more than I wanted to be with them."

"Yes, sure, but why did you want to be with me tonight?"

"I thought that you needed this. I have a thing for, you know... knowing or more kinda sensing how someone really feels. I was getting very sad vibes from you, so I wanted to cheer you up. I got the feeling that you had been denying yourself fun for some time. Also I did it for myself. I really do like you Scarlett."

Scarlett thought about Jena's analysis and realised that she was right.

"I have to say you were spot on, there. I really needed this."

"Of course I was. I can read minds." Jena said with a spooky voice.

Scarlett let out a giggle that almost made her choke on her wine.

"Sorry," Jena said with a sheepish look on her face.

"It's alright. I guess I need to learn to control myself."

Out of nowhere Jena changed the subject and asked Scarlett a completely unexpected question.

"If you were to make a soundtrack for your life, what would it be like? I don't just mean any songs you happen to like; I mean the songs that actually mean something to you."

"What? Why do you ask that?"

"It's just one of the things I think about. I have been in movies for so long, that I often think in these terms. You don't have to answer now, just think about it and get back to me."

"Okay, will do," Scarlett said.

The question had really set her wheels of thought turning. She did have a song about her, but that was by her bitter ex-boyfriend. She would have to come up with something else.

"It is an interesting question, because it can be really personal if you think about it closely, and explain your choices. I have found that it is a good question if you want to get to know people." Jena said

"Yes, I'm sure it is. So what do you have on your soundtrack?"

"You will hear some of it soon. The reason I brought this up is that, I had a moment a while ago when it struck me what the soundtrack to this evening is. The song is perfectly fitting for me and you going out together like this. It's a very good song and you will soon hear it. That's what I did in the bar; I made a request for this song and made sure that it would come first."

"You're going to keep this a secret aren't you?" Scarlett asked.

"Nope, you will get to know right now." Jena said and pointed to the stage.

The singer was back on stage. He took the mike and spoke.

"Well. I'm back. The first song is a request. It is a song from J to S. I think you all know it. Here it is."

He started to play on the piano and well known tunes were heard. Scarlett immediately recognised "Come away with me" originally by Norah Jones. As he started to play, Jena began to sing. She sang the song quietly, just for Scarlett.

"Come away with me in the night Come away with me And I will write you a song"

Scarlett loved the song, she had listened to it a lot a few years ago. The first few lines were completely familiar to her. Jena's voice wasn't world class, but she was definitely better than average. Scarlett found herself liking Jena's private rendition.

"Come away with me on a bus Come away where they can't tempt us With their lies"

Those words rang very true for Scarlett. Jena asking her to come was what this evening was all about. This song seemed to be the perfect soundtrack for what had been a perfect evening.

"I want to walk with you On a cloudy day In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high So won't you try to come?"

Scarlett couldn't believe how beautiful Jena was as she sang the song. A few people at other tables could probably hear Jena as well, but Scarlett didn't care about them. Scarlett felt how this performance was all for her and that gave her a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. She thanked fate or coincidence or whatever for making this evening reality.

"Come away with me and we'll kiss On a mountaintop Come away with me And I'll never stop loving you"

Jena put a lot of emotion into her words and Scarlett felt herself melt completely. She had no idea how it had happened, but this girl had managed to unlock her hidden desires. Scarlett admitted to herself what she had been refusing to see earlier: her budding feelings for Jena were more than friendly.

During the singing Jena had leaned closer and closer to Scarlett over the table. It was a very small table, so their faces were only inches apart by now. Scarlett looked into Jena's eyes one last time to confirm the mutual attraction. She closed her eyes and leaned in the last few inches and closed the distance between their mouths. Scarlett suspected that she could have just waited and Jena to would have kissed her, but she didn't want to be completely passive.

The kiss was tentative at first. Jena barely let her lips grace Scarlett's. The touch of Jena's smooth lips made Scarlett want more. She understood that Jena was being careful not to rush things, but Scarlett had no problems with rushing, not now that she had overcome her initial denial. She pushed deeper into the kiss and for the first time their tongues met. Jena immediately responded to Scarlett's advances and stopped holding back. The kiss instantly became more passionate and demanding. Their tongues swirled around and explored.

The only thing that went through Scarlett's mind was how right it felt. Jena was a great kisser and Scarlett found herself liking this kiss better than any other kiss ever. They were however in an awkward position on different sides of the table. Scarlett wanted more contact and she wanted it now. She broke the kiss and stood up. Jena didn't even have a chance to speak before she had Scarlett in her lap and the kissing resumed.

The man on stage had started to play "Come away with me" again. Scarlett enjoyed the song on a whole new level now that it had brought her together with Jena. Other than the song, the outer world was completely shut off however. Jena had her arms around Scarlett to keep her from falling off and Scarlett had her arms around Jena's neck. It felt great for Scarlett to be so close to someone. The fact that it was a girl didn't feel strange; in fact it felt very good.

The brief moment when Scarlett had changed position had given the girls a refill of oxygen and they were able to go on with the kiss. The passion increased with every second the kiss lasted. It was now a full blown make out session. Jena took the lead and let her hand slide down Scarlett's back and to her ass. Jena got positive feedback from this move in the form of a moan from Scarlett.

Jena suddenly ended the kiss and was met by a disappointed look from Scarlett. For a brief moment, Scarlett thought that she had done something wrong, but she was reassured when she looked into Jena's eyes. What she saw in Jena's eyes was pure passion. They both breathed heavily to regain their breath.

"I've wanted to do that ever since I first saw those lips of yours." Jena admitted

"You mean like the whole evening?" Scarlett asked

"Actually a bit longer than that," Jena said.

She underlined her statement by bringing Scarlett in for another kiss. They immediately got into the same kind of passion as before. Every hint of hesitation was gone and they both went for it with full force. Jena held Scarlett as close as she could. It was full body contact and full concentration on the kiss. The man on stage had started to play another song, but it was still something good.

This time it was Scarlett who broke away from the kiss. Her thoughts had finally caught up to her. She didn't feel that what was happening was at all wrong or anything, but she did want to know exactly what was happening. This was her first time kissing another girl and she really didn't know what it meant.

"So. I... Uh... What do we do now?"

"We do whatever you want."

"I don't know. I've never done anything like this before. I don't know anything. I've thought about it, but I have never actually done anything."

Scarlett's nerves were catching up to her and she was visibly anxious. Jena eased her worries with a few light pecks on the mouth. The kisses were light and tender and just what Scarlett needed at that moment.

"Relax, Scarlett. I have some experience in the area"

"You have? You mean that you are a lesbian?" Scarlett asked.

"Pretty much completely lesbian, yes. I've never even looked in the general direction of boys or men."

"Wow, I didn't realise..."

"It's no huge secret, but I don't really flaunt it either."

Scarlett started to really think about her situation at the moment. Here she was in Jena Malone's lap in a strange costume on a jazz club. She could never have imagined that the evening would take her here. She had no idea how this could have happened, it wasn't like her at all. She did know one thing though and that was how much she liked it.

"I think I might be lesbian too," Scarlett whispered in Jena's ear.

"There is only one way to find out. Let me make love to you!" Jena whispered back to Scarlett.

Scarlett froze. She wasn't really surprised to hear it, but the actual sound of the words shocked her. It wasn't that she was shy or anything, it was just the inability to comprehend that this really was happening that made Scarlett freeze. She did know one thing though and that was that she wanted this. She had followed Jena this far and everything that they had done had been good. Scarlett trusted Jena to make the rest of the evening good as well.

"I do want this Jena. Let's get out of here."

Scarlett was so anxious that she just got up and grabbed Jena's hand. Scarlett dragged Jena to the coats and then outside. They soon found a cab and Scarlett told the driver the address of her New York apartment. The cab ride was a nervous one. Scarlett didn't want to do anything in front of the driver and she was too nervous to actually say anything. Jena held Scarlett's hand and rubbed it gently with her thumb. It was such a small gesture, but it managed to ease Scarlett's worries. She felt herself getting very comfortable with Jena's touch.

They soon arrived at Scarlett's building and went in. Scarlett had to remove her wig for the doorman to let her in. He was professional enough not to comment on her outfit or who the other woman was. Jena played the role of mystery woman and kept her outfit on. They took the elevator up to the floor were Scarlett lived. Scarlett fished the keys out of her purse and started to unlock the door. Her hands where visibly shaking and she had some trouble getting the door open. Jena put her hand on Scarlett's and gave her a reassuring smile. This calmed Scarlett down and she opened up the door. Scarlett turned on the lights and let Jena see her apartment. They both hung up their coats and took off their shoes. Scarlett then turned to Jena.

"This is where I live. At least when I'm in town."

"It's very nice."

"Soo. Uhh. Do you wanna see the apartment? Get the full tour."

"Sure. That'd be okay I guess." Jena answered.

Jena had removed her shades and Scarlett looked into her eyes. They said something completely different than her mouth. It was obvious that Jena had no interest what so ever in the apartment. Scarlett could clearly see that Jena was burning with lust. Scarlett felt herself tingle with excitement as she saw Jena's hunger. Their eyes met and they soon leaned in for another passionate kiss. This time they were all alone and the last shreds of apprehension Scarlett had felt in public were gone. Scarlett who was slightly shorter had to look up when she kissed Jena. This problem was fixed when Scarlett pushed Jena down on the living room couch and sat down next to her.

Scarlett was the inexperienced one, but that didn't mean that she would just let Jena control everything. It had always been Scarlett's ambition to do her best once she had decided to do something. Somehow she had decided to make love to Jena tonight and she was going to do it to the best of her knowledge. Scarlett started for the first time to let her hands explore another woman's body. She started off slowly by gently touching Jena's breasts through the jacket. Jena moaned her approval into Scarlett's mouth as the kiss went on with ever increasing passion.

Jena too let her hands explore. Scarlett felt how Jena started to return the favour by massaging Scarlett's breasts. Jena's skilled touch was better than any guy Scarlett had ever been with. Scarlett let her right hand move on up to Jena's hair. Scarlett realised that she was holding a wig in her hand and threw it away. Jena's natural brown hair was out again and Scarlett dragged her hand through it. Meanwhile Jena let her hands sneak inside of Scarlett's jacket. With Jena's hands no longer constrained by the fabric if the jacket, Scarlett felt her touch much better. They were really starting to get tangled up in each other with hands everywhere. Scarlett ended the kiss in order to make room enough to remove their clothes.

She quickly unbuttoned her jacket and let it fall from her shoulders. Jena's gaze immediately went to Scarlett's breasts. Scarlett really enjoyed being gazed upon by horny people and now for the first time it was a woman. It didn't take long however before Jena did more than just look. She leaned in and started to gently kiss Scarlett's ear. Small and delicate kisses were placed on the ear, but they all felt like great promises of what was to come. Jena went on and started to kiss a trail down Scarlett's neck. Every little kiss sent jolts of joy through Scarlett's body. She had never had her body worshipped like this before. Scarlett closed her eyes and decided to just enjoy the attention that was lavished on her.

The trail of kisses inevitably led towards Scarlett's impressive cleavage, which was still contained by her red bra. That didn't last for long though. At the same time as Jena started to kiss on the uncovered parts of her breasts, Scarlett felt a hand sneak around her back and undo the bra. Jena did it with one hand in about a second; it was obvious that she had done this before. Scarlett felt a tingle of anticipation when she though about what else Jena could do with that experience.

Jena was quick to discard the bra and Scarlett suddenly found herself topless. Jena went on with her trail of kisses and this led her to Scarlett's left nipple. Scarlett had always been endowed with sensitive nipples and that came in handy now. Jena sucked on the nipple and let her tongue flick over it at the same time. She used her right hand to stimulate the one breast that was not getting any attention from her tongue. Scarlett leaned back and let Jena do her thing. The only thing Scarlett did was twirl Jena's hair.