All Comments on 'A Summer Without End'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 115 Comments
rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Beautiful Love Story

Filled with emotions, conflict, tension, romance, discovery, remorse, and fun.

Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Pleasant story, even if it was a bit long and predictable. The only "Jack Sparrow" I know is the character in "Pirates of the Caribbean"

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Change of rating:

It deserves a 10!

drbob80drbob80over 6 years ago
More Please.

I really am hoping you will stretch this one out into a series. So many possibilities!

TrishieldTrishieldover 6 years ago
Yes

A somewhat longer story would have been nice but just the same I enjoyed it immensely.

Thank You

nestorb30nestorb30over 6 years ago
I really liked it but

It is a great story. But the guy was in the army for 6 years and never got laid?!?!? I don't think so...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

One of the best stories I've read on this site. I hope you write more about Reid and Evelyn and the triplets!

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 6 years ago

You Sir,are a master.Another great well crafted story from you as I have learned to expect from you.Always wonderful reading.I hope you post more in the future.Very many thanks for your excellent efforts.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 6 years ago
Masterfully done

Such an easy 5 to assess.

I loved how you wove Reid's story into this, and how you then turned him to writing. It then became quite the treat to see Evelyn's triplets so attach themselves to him and later, Evelyn as well. You gripped us with something so painful as Reid's father tossing him aside, unjustly blaming him for his wife's unfortunate accident. You then gave Dane and Stephanie their comeuppance with their parents, with Reid having a happy ending. However, I do hope this will become a longer-arced story because I'd hate to see it end here. Don't know where you'd take it aside from having Reid go to Perth, BUT it seems like at least one of triplets is also sweet on him too (I remember one of them wanting Reid to massage lotion onto her). Could prove for an interesting dynamic and I hope you truly make this a multiple-chapter story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
need more!!

could have been longer, but you sir did an excellent job!

will there be another episode?

meme165meme165over 6 years ago
Please sir, can I have some more

I hope that isn't an end to a summer without end, he hasn't even read the rest of his book to the girls, you can't leave us hanging like that

I hope it has long legs like the Ben Shepherd sagas, or the Ed Walters story

Thank you

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 6 years ago
Depressing

I couldn't make it to the end of the first page. Your writing skills are good though

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Great story hope you continue to add more

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I have to agree...

I get the fact that this is supposed to be short story and it does have a beginning middle and end..But....It feels unfinished. I think we're just spoilt from your multiple page sagas so this short story felt...short, Looking forward to reading more from you, i check your wall at least twice a week to see if there is anything new and i was delighted to find this so in behalf of all of us bookworms who enjoy your writing i say thank you and i..we..look forward to more.

Malcolm (Tazzy)

looney67looney67over 6 years ago
Wonderful

As someone has already said - please can we have some more

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story Telling

You are one of my favorite authors. I have read the Ben Shepherd sagas many times. I hope you will continue this one also.

photokenphotokenover 6 years ago
great story

To say this is a great story is a major understatement. Please continue it !!!

GironGironover 6 years ago
Great writing.

Really enjoyed that story.

Great build up of characters and backgrounds with some nice twist and turns.

But towards the end it got a little strange. The Talbot kids reaction to their wrongdoings was to much.

And the sudden plans on emigration seems a bit rushed. Like you just wanted it to still be short, not that 5 lit-pages is short in any way. The story, both you writing it and us reading it, deserved something better imho. And that he was a virgin was going to far.

Nice to see that a lot of sex isnt needed in a well told story. The eroticism was there anyway. Glad you kept his hands of the triplets as well.

Looking forward to your other stories.

Bruno513Bruno513over 6 years ago
More!

Great story and writting. Has great potential as a possible series; please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Delightful

The story was enjoyable. Like Space Mountain, it was a great ride, but ended so soon. Here's hoping we hear from Reid and the 'E' girls.

teedeedubteedeedubover 6 years ago
Strange

but comfortable. thanks for sharing...

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
Weierd and Uncomfortable

Everyone was clumsy: how they talked, how they behaved - just wierd people. You'll have to explain to me how two very nice, pleasant, caring people raised children who could be that nasty to Reid - without them even knowing it. Nice people usually raise nice children or at least know when their kids are misbehaving.

The witness protection ploy sounded absolutely rediculous and wasn't worth inventing. And the 35 year old virgin story for a guy who was 6'4" and 200 lb and was "ruggedly handsome" is also rediculous. Literotica is made up of fantasy and has plots that we'd all like to be part of (usually), but we should have gotten better than this with the basic story that was not too bad. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Can we hope a story without end?

As always you leave us wanting more. I want to thank you for your craft and whit.

FreakonaLeash73FreakonaLeash73over 6 years ago
Not very good.

What a terrible piece of writing. Snore fest. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sorry!

I am truly sorry for the ignorance of a few who have so obviously never ever written a story. It is to bad these ( trying to think of a nice word to describe their attitude ) idiots did not recognize the story of a shy, nervous, awkward young man who lacked confidence in himself until he met Evelyn. I enjoyed it very much. I do hope you continue this story on much longer.

Semper fi

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One trusts the lesson has been learnt

Works both ways.

C_frommnC_frommnover 6 years ago
Liked

The Way you brought out your Character. He took his "old" Bullie and slammed him to the wall and let him know "No More" . it would have been nice if the Bully's wife gave a little to the Bullied.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent writing

You never disappoint. I haven't read all your work posted here only because I want to save some for later. Thank you for sharing with us.

MydogtoldmeMydogtoldmeover 6 years ago
Hoping Not The End

Beautifully written, Good Character building Looking forward to more

BigYin1981BigYin1981over 6 years ago
Hmmm

I hope this is not the end of this story as there areplenty of plot lines that could be explored.

Crazy2WheelerCrazy2Wheelerover 6 years ago
This could be a multiple chapter work easily!!! Please continue!

Excellent writing with some intriguing opportunities with story line options.

BRAVO!!

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 6 years ago
Excellent!

Beautiful tale. Ending was a bit abrupt, entertaining nonetheless.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerabout 6 years ago
Wow!!!

Wonderful story, absolutely wonderful...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Blooming lovely !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The beginning of another Shepherd tale?

I had just finished the entire "Shepherd" series and see a lot of similar potential with this beginning. Very much did not want the story to end, and I hope more chapters are in the works. Thank you for a very enjoyable read!

SuggestionSuggestionabout 6 years ago
Abrupt

I have to agree with BAnde. The ending was a bit abrupt. I am not sure why you needed the drama about the witness protection at all. They could have just been the summer neighbors. I am guessing that you had bigger plans that you cancelled for some reason.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I Liked It

Except for one little nit-picky thing. Her and her kids were “squatting” on his property. And when he asked why, she put him off, refused to answer. I would have been on the phone within 5 minutes asking how to get an eviction notice served. Pretty people or not, my property is MY property, and nobody is going to just move in on it. At least and especially without a damn good reason. Other than that, I enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Surpoib!

Comment title says it all.

JohnsonLongJohnsonLongabout 5 years ago
Loved it!

What could be better than a beach house with such great neighbors? It might be fantasy, but I'd take it over real life any day!

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
A Beauty

Great writing AGAIN. I'm not sure why I waited so long to read this one but I'm sure glad I finally did, it was a great one.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Excellent story

Really need to expand this one a bit, alot was left untold like what happens next with the mean children, the triplets and boyfriends and those that hunted her husband. There real.y is alot that could be expanded on from this story, very good start.

Mojo648Mojo648about 4 years ago
Review

Needs to be completed,

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
I very much enjoyed this story.

It was a really nice old time romance. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

He's just too pathetic in many ways. Acts more like a little boy than a grown man. Honestly I was starting to wonder whether he was retarded. Makes me think the author is a woman who doesn't understand men all that well.

And crying over his writing makes him seem like such a girl, not to mention it showing a very skewed view of the craft of writing.

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Very good story

Well written, interesting. The main character seems exceptionally backward for his age. In spite of some character weakness, a very good and rewarding story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not very life like!

I have known a number of Americans very well over the years. I know that every one of them would have been demanding rent from the Sparrows as soon has they knew that their house was on his property! They would have immediately contacted a lawyer and legally established their ownership of the land! In some US states squatter rights are legal if you don’t take immediate action upon discovery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I enjoyed reading it very much. The characters were just fine and who really cares if it was wrote by a man or a woman . Don't let all the negative comments get you down I for one thought it was a great story.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
Others were better

I really liked BurntRedstone's "Trail of Promise" and "Drive." Those were well-written and had believable (relatively) storylines. I did not comment on them, because other commentators had already said everything that needed to be said. But I gave each a 5*.

I then started the Shepard line of stories, but they did not really catch me. So I tried this story, and it left me totally flat. There is poignancy, and just an utterly unrealistic and unbelievable situation rthat develops as expected without any surprises or real development.

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 4 years ago

wait what was that about "Jack Sparrow"?

I didn't get that point. Why and how Witness Protection?

what happened

what's (was) going on?

other than that very nice little story.

phoenix23ninjaphoenix23ninjaalmost 4 years ago
tiercenpt

I think the Jack Sparrow bit was conceived as a humorous explanation for what made the story possible

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Excellent

Maybe a little rushed at the end with some things left unsettled or unanswered but plenty of scope to develop another story if desired. The start and the build up through the middle to the end are typical and very enjoyable. As usual a well turned out story well worth 5 stars again.

DoctimeDoctimeover 3 years ago

I didn’t give stars out of respect for the author. This however is no where near the caliber of his other works I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ouch. You got burned by Overcritical.

Don’t worry. He just ran out of his psych meds. Once he’s back on them he’ll start giving out his usual 3* ratings again. Occasionally 4*, rarely 5*.

I’ll give you 5* to balance out his lower score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What! That's the end?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Delete the first comment. This was clearly an unfinished story that the author didn't want to complete. I loathe that behavior. You lost respect from me. Ending a story during rising action. You should be ashamed

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

Really enjoyed this story. Very real seeming, with characters I'd like to know as friends, or have as my own family, at a believable pace.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusover 3 years ago
Wonderful

Thanks for your story. It is well written and believable!

Five Stars

BabalooieBabalooieabout 3 years ago

Nice but too short

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

ok...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked it.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkeralmost 3 years ago

You have to read all of his stories! They get better and better!

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago
Forgotten

I really did forget how good this story was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn you’re a wonderful writer.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Such a wonderful story! Thank-you I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Would like a chapter 2.

MiddlesonMiddlesonover 2 years ago

Fantastic story!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nyteramblernyteramblerover 2 years ago

Dam I agree would be nice for more of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very nice, romantic

bseeker6969bseeker6969about 2 years ago

Another sweet, wonderful story. To always live in summer....if only

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Beautifully set up and concluded. I would love another instalment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a ridiculous notion. Never a real explanation as to how the MC's property was stolen for a house by the sparrows. Never an attempt to assert himself against an overbearing and uncaring woman. Shouldn't even an antihero have some vaguely redeeming features?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Reid is a stupid cunt surrounded by the Sparrow WHORES

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Of course the Sparows were fucking his father!! WHAT A STUPID WHORISH STORY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice one, excellent work....

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Another excellent story! Thank you. Love your stories! Another 5 BIG FAT FLUFFY STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Would love more of this story, characters are great and this is definitely a 5* tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I feel this wonderful story has just begun. Hope you have additional chapters to tie up the loose ends.

Nasty56Nasty56almost 2 years ago

Again outstanding story telling, feels like you have elements to continue this story a little more.

Tricki57Tricki57almost 2 years ago

Great story as always but need more please

Btrying2Btrying2almost 2 years ago

Super enjoyable story. I wanted more and more and more. However I am happy to have enjoyed this story whatever the length. I could feel the pain and the joy as all the emotions flowed. Thanks for sharing. John

TheOldStudTheOldStudalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic story...thank you!!!

mikeagomikeagoalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story, so self-sufficient going along the full arc.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I first came to Literotica looking for short Romantic stories.

I have found many great ones and here BurntRedstone has give us another. So satisfying.

The Hoary Cleric, a guest at Literotica.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisteralmost 2 years ago

As others have said, it would nice to hear more of this wonderful story. I especially would have liked to see him finish reading his story to the girls and Evelyn.

A definite 5*!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Childhood ...... It shood be the best part of a lifetime, carefree love happiness playtime just name it for you, but we have neighborhood or parenting disasters or school pressure just endless happenings ...... So this tale kicked the right butts and spread love to the right ones

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

The story barely started to heat up then it's over. What? This is a very rushed ending. Lots of potential, but I feel kinda cheated.

RichardbeardRichardbeardover 1 year ago

Definitely a great story! Could also do with another chapter or 4! Awesome job as always!

Sons_LoveSons_Loveover 1 year ago

Sad to see the story end and the at the real beginning.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

All old hat now I guess, but for the record , I thought it was too short, hilariously unbelievable and lacked any real kind of story arc, barring screwing the hot milf.. Moreover it treats us the readers as if we’re credulous fools, with a free house with free utilities, estranged parents that still leave the perceived offender everything, a family made up of hot available females that are still in a witness protection program and childhood bullies getting taught life lessons, whilst the parents and restaurant owner stands by and does nothing. Truly not your finest work BurntRedstone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story except he should have required the young lady to delete the naked pics of him! That was not very appropriate actions for someone to do when first meeting a neighbor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, though the ending was abbreviated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A whore and her daughters with a stupid wimpy MC

vanyevanyeabout 1 year ago

Not your best work, but I enjoyed the Sparrows. How did the arrangements get made for them to live on the property?

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

An enjoyable re-read.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

O enjoyed the story but feel there is more to come. What happened about his book? Where did his screwing the mild lead? Did the grewsom twosom wreak revenge on him for standing up to them? When is the rest of the story going to be told?

DuncanitaDuncanita12 months ago

4th read and still a great story! Still feels that this story isn't finished yet; his bookwriting, the terrible 2, his militairy past, the girls, his past with his parents (maybe finding something of his dad, like a dairy)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Damn. What a great story. Characters were good, story flowed well, plot was good. I enjoyed the hell out of this. 5 stars from me. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Weak wimpy Reid and the three bitches

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9888 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories