All Comments on 'A Super Tuesday'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
shuttlepilotshuttlepilotalmost 6 years ago
Bad times...

1968 was "bad times" for everyone, the country in particular. A few years later I sweated out the draft along with all my brothers in arms. Nixon's secret plan never came to fruition and Humphrey was a lost cause after Kennedy's death. Thanks for the story.

Shuttlepilot

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
COMPETITION DURING THE ELECTION VOTES

and in the 2 party system, no losers, TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

Nitpick - Service men and women women are Vets; Corvettes are Vettes!

Editing: "different sides of the political isle" - "Aisle," not "isle"!

foolscapfoolscapalmost 6 years ago
@sbrooks Hey

You forgot to mention my 1980 4 door Chevette... 0-60 as fast as you can pedal!

Sidney43Sidney43almost 6 years ago

Yes, a few mistakes like the "Vette" already pointed out. But, a nice read and thoroughly enjoyable so I gave you five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Being picky

Coors was sold east of the Mississippi back in the 60s

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgeralmost 6 years ago
l think you mean...

Coors was not sold east of the Mississippi in the 60's. lets all go watch Smokey and the bandit, east bound and down loaded up and truckin...

my 68 was a 327 3 speed rag top. loved that car

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 6 years ago
A nice read

And, Coors was very limited east of the Mississippi in 1968. Especially in the north. Even then, they didn't like for it to get warm......

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Preachy....

Gotta be a better way to impart so much info. People talking don’t give each other history lessons like that. Don’t need to; they’re living it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fun story!

I was there, a little younger than these two. My car was a 72 Nova with a 350 and three on the floor. Brand new, $2850. Thanks, Dad!

Shoot I was west of the Mississippi and the only way we got Coors was to import it ourselves. One frat house sent two guys in a Chevy van to colorado to buy a load of Coors and had campus buzzing with a Coors party. So it rang false for our characters to walk into a bar in WDC or surroundings and calmly order a Coors. Didn't happen. Period. Not in 1968. Not in 1974. You youngsters don't understand.

And people really did talk about the war and politics. I remember plenty of times and lots of pounding of tables. But not pounding each other. I think we were more willing to listen to each other. My whole family including my conservative Dad watched All in the Family every week and that got pretty political.

I am ashamed of my generation who were all for freedom and doing your own thing and now make laws and more laws such that many things we did are now felonies! We're as hypocritical as those we despised back then.

R.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

This read like a political tract with a slight overlay of romance. It brought me back to those days when people actually voted their conscience rather than blindly voting for a party. I admit that after utter confusion in the Johnson/Goldwater election I voted party line almost exclusively. A good read 4*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

1968 Cameros didn't come with a V-6. The base engine was an in-line six.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...