All Comments on 'A Tale as Old as Time'

by DavidPatrick

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
***** Now you did it!

You made me cry with happiness!

I love stories about professional athletes, especially baseball players.

And I also love the fact that they are Christians, and that things went better than I might have expected with their families. There are entirely too many stories here with intolerant "Christian" parents. As you say, Christ didn't say anything about homosexuality!

BabydaddyBabydaddyover 8 years ago
Tears!!!

You are a beautiful writer and I will be shocked if this story does not quickly become the best rated! It's deep and thoughtful and romantic. You nailed it and what a great shout out for the Cardinals. Is that true? I def want to believe it is. Can't wait for your next excellent story. Thx!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

That was a sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Such an amazing, beautiful, sweet and well written story. Even though it's fiction it gives me hope for real life and i.hope to see something like this play out in the real world. You're as amazing as ever and so are your stories. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Coming from a liberal northeast bubble, I thought you did a wonderful job really bringing the reader into this reality. Your characterization of some of the secondary characters - miss lily and mother black in particular - were witty and colorful without being unkind. I thought you handled this with grace, and if I did feel that at times your optimism veered into unrealistic good fortune, well, I can't say I minded these boys' happily ever after.

-elleem

laurencethepoetlaurencethepoetover 8 years ago
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

so much love for this one! Your best work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Holy cow

I love you. I just simply do. Thank you for sharing your stories with us. And the fact you are a die hard Cards fan is just icing on my love fest cake. Please consider publishing you work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Stunning

Your stories are amazing! I was sooooo pleased to see this feel good one.

FBG

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ugh

I really enjoyed this story, well until he became a cardinal. Go Cubs Go! Best third place team in 2015!

OnimpulseOnimpulseover 8 years ago
WOW

Simply FABULOUS!!!

ProerosProerosover 8 years ago
My Favourite

Every day I check Literotica in the hope of finding a new story by David Patick. Like Muhammed Ali, he is the greatest.

aclassyladyaclassyladyover 8 years ago
you have out done yourself

After reading this wonderfully and amazing story, I will say you have out done yourself yet again. This is a fabulous story and very heartfelt. I will say you bring your stories to feel like the reader can feel the lives of the characters like they are real. I have read all your works and as you write, you show how much you have grown as a writer. Your stories show depth and emotions and characteristics that people don't usually put into adult stories. I am glad you keep writing and sharing with your readers your wonderful imaginations. You bring to life the story as if you were your own reader. Please keep writing sagas in which are heartfelt and mean a lot to many people. Thank you for sharing your AWESOME gift of Erotic Writing. I am truly awaiting your next tale of wonderment.

ACLASSYLADY

JKendallDaneJKendallDaneover 8 years ago
This was a grand slam in so many ways!

As a fellow author that has also dared to trod down the path of mixing spirituality and erotica with some of my stories, I must say how impressed I am with this work. You bravely checked not a single swing and belted this one completely out of the Literotica ballpark.

Truthfully, I am in complete awe at how well done this tale is from every perspective...the protagonists, their parents, their teammates, the coaches, the pastor, and most importantly: their Savior. A true work of art that I'm sure will be life changing for some people that read it.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story, congratulations on the reception it is so deservedly getting, and may God continue to bless your talent. JKD

avidreadravidreadrover 8 years ago

A beautiful story. The characters were excellent and I especially enjoyed how smoothly and naturally the story unfolded. Thank you. A 5-star for sure.

mrsbearmrsbearover 8 years ago

Like @Proeros I too check everyday to see if a new story has been posted by @DavidPatrick. As soon as I saw this story I stopped what I was doing to read it. I couldn't NOT read it. I actually tried to finish my task but my mind was solely fixated on what this story was about. A true gem; this story was so heartwarming. To be honest, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and something horrible to happen to their love/relationship. I'm glad it was a happy ending. Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Mixing love, sex, and baseball...you can't go wrong! Another job well done! Can't wait until your next post.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

You are by far one of the best authors on this site. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well done

I loved this story! You are one of my favorite authors! Another winner with rich characters and a great story of the development of their relationship. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
bravo

Simple, yet intricately woven. Solid knowledge of people, the breadth of believe within Christianity, baseball and the world of Rice University. If you didn't go there yourself then you must have a ringer hidden somewhere. I am especially thankful that you did not show all Christians to be fire breathing hate mongers. Like every other group of humans, they are diverse in belief and behavior.

A solid love story with a solid HEA. What's not to love? 5+*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Simply WoW

Simply WoW, i started reading at 1 am at night, but got so caught up in this amazing story that it's 3:28 am right now. Well done!

Ireadalot1985Ireadalot1985over 8 years ago
where have you Been!

THANK YOU!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I LOVED IT!

One of your best stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Blessings from the land&Cith of Christ

thank you for a very intelligent and educational tale. Superb yet simple language.

Most of the background is not known in my world, but the writer erected skillfully the bridge between ignorance and understanding. well done Sir David Patrick you deserve appreciation and love!

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 8 years ago
Another Great Story!

Just loved it. The character development was superb and I especially loved that these guys were Christians and remained true to themselves. Sad that the parents didn't fully embrace the son's marriage (especially Luke's dad) but it's the parents' loss. And I appreciated that not all the Christians were portrayed as bigots - we are not though some clearly are. I read the other comments and I endorse them all, especially JKD whom I also think is a great writer of gay romance. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just had to say...

I waited til I had read all of your stories and have to say this is my favorite. Thank you for the wonderful stories, I sincerely hope that you are inspired to create and share more of them with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Occam's Razor versus Pascal's Wager

I think you are mixing up the two concepts. Occam's Razor states that the simplest solution to a problem is most likely to be correct. Pascal's wager on the other hand states that there is no downside to belief in God even if he does not exist but a major downside to not believing if he does.

Or maybe I just didn't get the reference you were making...all in all....well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Was really inspiring

For all those people who are struggling because of the problems regarding homosexuality, this comes as an inspiration.

chesthairslavechesthairslaveabout 8 years ago
Hello Hollywood

This could be adapted into a great gay Christian film. It's already a beautifully written story full of well developed characters. I just finished re-reading all of your works over the past week. David Patrick, do you have anything in the works for 2016? Your body of work presented was the best thing to happen to Literotica in 2015.

clkelly80clkelly80over 7 years ago
I tried to like it

I really, really tried to like the story but I personally felt it was too religious. This however, does not reflect on the fact that you are a very talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Perfect

A dream as old as time came true. I was in it and I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Music

I really liked this story, let mean why should the devil have all the good music. It just shows how some people twist the meaning of love good luck boys.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
please do not stop writing

s a Nigerian living in a country where it is a criminal act to express love freely in a homosexual relationship, I live vicariously through your stories.

Also, Nigeria is made up of the largest concentration of Evangelical Christians in the world today, so I can totally relate to your stories.

It is the method of existence gay people have been subjected to in my country, to neither be seen or heard.

Thank you once again for your stories. It is my desire to live in a country where love is not a crime, though I can only hope for that now.

CE300CE300almost 7 years ago
Excellent story

Now this is the type of story that I search long and hard for! For a story to have zero cussing and zero extreme sexual language was a true delight! It's very refreshing to find stories that can be this good and be PG rated. I loved everything about this story from start to finish. I didn't think the religious talk was too much because to be honest that's the way some people live. There is nothing wrong with being religious and gay. The only thing that I would have liked if the story didn't feel so rushed, but this is coming from someone who writes a single chapter containing 6 pages. I still have this story 5 solid stars and I will be recommending it to all of my readers and friends! Keep up the great work! I'm off to read more of your stories!

Much love,

CE300

o2byoungo2byoungalmost 7 years ago
This was a Winning Home Run!

Sometimes I read a story based on a readers' comment, CE300 in this case. I'm glad that sometimes readers comment on a story that is older, this one from 2015. This story deserves every one of the 5 stars I gave it. I love the HEA finish.

I thought it quite unique that this story was written with very little 'descriptive' sexual activity. These guys managed to actually get married before consummating, quite rare in the gay male community. I personally like the romantic aspects of a relationship over the sexual parts. It was beautiful.

I think this story really belongs in the "Gay Male Romance" category, if Literotica made one. Since I mostly read gay male, I would not have found this if it were just in the romance section. Great work, David Patrick. It's one of the best.

Hutchison12Hutchison12almost 7 years ago
Loved it

Loved the story, how we got to share them building a life together, just loved it.

Thank you , just discovered your works , busy reading,

Thanks for sharing with us.

LaughinggrrlLaughinggrrlover 6 years ago
Fantastic

Heartwarming and interesting - I really admire this story. Fantastic job!

Spadger2Spadger2over 6 years ago
A Slow Realization!

Whilst I really loved the developing relationship between Bennie & Jet, and their ultimate marriage, I particularly loved that they kept their love of Christ to the forefront of their relationship.

It was difficult to understand the rejection by the parents, and their lack of tolerance, especially that of Jet's father, even to to the extent that it allowed his feelings to lead to the beak-up of his marriage. So sad!

We should never judge, and we should always be supportive and loving of our children, even when we feel they have let us down.

What a great story!

Equus7Equus7over 6 years ago
Thank you

I don’t usually read such epic stories but am glad I did. The characters angst and eventually denouement of their relationship was very satisfying. Thank you. You are an excellent writer!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Inspiring and so grateful

It might be a tale, but it's a record of so many lives, I am most certain.

I too share their faith in Christ. And before I forget, I want to open this parenthesis about how wonderful and uplifting are the prayers

in this narrative. Thus the title of my comments, I am inspired. Thanks.

Most people of faith are too binary. Meaning, it's either this or that. They quote the scriptures without the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. There are so many contradictions in the Bible, that should be taken not as an acceptance or a rejection of the teachings in our most sacred book. Jesus teachings is about love and acceptance, love and forgiveness, the love of God and to worship Him. "Love and treat one and other as ourselves ". Those two firsts commandments rule over all the others. And that's where most people of faith fail to really follow Christ, who warned us about being only judgmental and not enlightened enough to open our hearts and minds in order to accept that God is the ultimate creator, and He makes no mistake.

I have and still struggle with both my faith and how God made me. But every day, I realise that, He had never told me I was an abomination in his eye. He created me as I am, his son and I am grateful for his unconditional love. We are his unconditional sons and daughters, He loves.

We can be who we are, and still be spiritual. We just have to avoid being caught into the fanatism of religion. It is not a non necessary aspect of life, but, one has to make sure that our love and loyalty is primarily to God, not to those who make a living out of religion's.

Jet's father, while being religious, forgot the power of Christ love and his teaching of forgiveness, he puts his pride before his love for not only his son, but his Faith.

I am grateful for this story. Keep them coming.

Be blessed and happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Extraordinary

A coming out story told well! We all suffered that time, and the consequences. You handled it well, and I am sure brought many smiles, and some tears to your readers!

Mahalo (Hawaiian for Thank You)

Aloha

Don

MalevolentBardMalevolentBardabout 6 years ago
Incredible beyond description.

Undoubtedly one of the most incredible stories on this site. It's inspiring, beautiful, heart warming and something that still affects me deeply. I can only wish to find a love as honest and true as Benie and his Jet, one day.

Thank you for such a wonderful story about two boys in love.

XX MalevolentBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Am happy I found you.

I was hooked from the moment I started reading. How is this not a movie yet?. You have ruined every other writer for me. I keep looking for stories that are similar to yours. I have read and re-read all your work, I need new materials now. You have to give me something. Favorite author, stories, anything. As far as it from you, i'll read it. First read a tale as old as time on nifty and it didn't have your name, just your email. I looked for you like a mad person on Google, just to see if you have written any other thing. Am happy I found you.

Tink22004Tink22004almost 6 years ago
Wonderful

Absolutely wonderful!! Not only was the story touching, but it deals with so truths people struggle with in life. Thank you for your wonderful stories!!

Starrynight22Starrynight22over 5 years ago
Beautiful

What an amazing tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A dream come true story

Loved this story. Although societal views and same sex marriage have gone through some transitions, the struggle with families (some) and Christian values remain.....a struggle. Being a Christian, I loved that our characters never lost sight of their love of Christ nor His love for them. Don’t think I could have been as devout with abstinence, in fact I wasn’t. Didn’t have it in me. I started early, age 11, lost my cherry at age 12. Once you’ve had a taste, well, what can I say. Wonderful story. Thank you.

mandarinandbasilmandarinandbasilover 5 years ago
Absolutely Adorable

I was smiling the WHOLE time reading this. It was so sweet and so wonderful!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
From a Gay Christian

I am so glad I found this story. As a strong Evangelical Christian, myself, who is also gay, I must say I LOVED this story. The fact that both of the main characters openly acknowledged their faith in the saving work of Christ, and sought to live their lives in a way that pleased Him, made me want to stand up and cheer. While there are obviously different points of view on a number of Scripture passages dealing with the issue of homosexuality, the overriding principle is that "...God so loved the [whole] world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever [including gays] believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). Gays CAN be Christians and still be gay. Praise God He is not as narrow-minded as some people!

Thank you for writing this beautiful love story.

OpenthedooragainOpenthedooragainalmost 5 years ago

God made us all...what a great story

Will1652Will1652over 3 years ago
Rating

I accidentally selected a 1 star rating.. the story is definitely worthy of a 5 rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best story ever!

This was a wonderfully written story about two men of faith whose friendship blossomed into a deep mutual respect and love. No infidelity, promiscuity, demeaning name calling, humiliation or mistreatment of any kind. Just a beautiful love story of two soulmates, equal to each other, enough for each other, and there for each other through all that life faced them with. Kudos to you, author! Love this one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I said I didn't know if I would read more of your stories because more than a few saddened me more than I care to admit. I can honestly say that I am ecstatic that I decided to read this story!! It was wonderful and I was smiling the whole time I was reading. Thank you so much for this story!!

sgmindsgmindabout 3 years ago

"Luke sauntered in to the roar of a jet engine. As he warmed up, the Cardinals played "Bennie and the Jets," and the camera found me. The crowd roared. I wanted to die."

Laughing out loud as pools of tears formed. Magnificent story.

Kmax1958Kmax1958about 3 years ago
Magical

I love baseball. I love more the story of two young men who find love, injected with humor, wit, intelligence and of course, sex! So heartwarming, this was one I couldn’t put down. And when I finished, I read it again. Thanks, DavidPatrick for sharing this wonderfully written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wait, a happy ending? Shocked.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Amazing story, Absolutely loved it!

Ginger630Ginger630almost 3 years ago

I absolutely adored this story.

Kmax1958Kmax1958over 2 years ago

Man, I love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Such a beautiful story!

FosBoydFosBoydalmost 2 years ago

My eyes are filled with tears of joy. This story just filled my heart with joy and hope. Your writing is a breath of fresh air. My hope is you have found the love you write about. Crazy when I read the last sentence Tale as old as time. I could hear the Celion Deion and Pebo Bryson singing. Thank You.

zack1614zack1614over 1 year ago

How could fiction feel so true as if real? GREAT story, I am reading everything David Patrick has written and look forward to more as his last story is just a few months old!

texasyankeetexasyankeeover 1 year ago

Beautifully written. Your character development is my favorite part of your writing. You're my new favorite. I'm slowly plowing my way through all your work on here!

EdeyEdeyover 1 year ago

Beautiful story 😊😊😊

Kabba118Kabba1189 months ago

Oh my heart ❤️

I love stories that weave love and faith in them, and this was one of the best on Lit. I'm going to use the word so many others used:

Beautifully written.

Beautiful story.

Simply beautiful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous