All Comments on 'A Tale Of Two Men'

by indigoharvey

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
"her and Evan had a huge fight."

Her is never the subject of a sentence. (This is supposed to get a laugh from all you grammar aficionados. All two of you. Her is not used as an object pronoun in the preceding sentence, but rather as a noun meaning the word her. So actually you can use her as a subject of a sentence. Just not when it's used as a pronoun.)

Since you would never say "Her had a huge fight" then "her and Evan had a huge fight" is equally wrong. Use she in place of her. I wouldn't even mention most common mistakes like confusing you're with your. That's just a simple spelling mistake and doesn't grab your attention. Using her as a subject makes you sound uneducated and detracts from a really nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I'm sorry, but yhesh!!

Good start!, You've encapsulated a mesmerising story in a few pages. I really enjoyed reading it. Jack/Evan/Jack....Don't worry about messages obsessing about grammar. We all have probs with that, but I don't think there's anything here really worth warranting the previous message.

Would love to see more stories from you! Thank you!

.

shmueltzvishmueltzviover 12 years ago
What's important

is that yuo've written a "couldn't stop before the end" story. Grammer and usage might be improved in spots but just keep writing. Some people may see thorns; I see the roses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I thought

that Jack is a creep and not deserving of any decent woman; Adrianna was an extremely inconsiderate woman for what she did with Evan and that Evan was the one who deserved happiness and was left with nothing. He was the only one who acted honorably.

It was still a good story but disappointing for the characters.

I give it a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Different story.When u find your love, just dont let it go at any cost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Sperb.You dont realize that you are in love with a plain jane until.........lightening strikes you.I can relate to this story well to my youth. I always dated the sexiest pussies in the town and thought that plain jane gals are only for losers.But mah car was struck by lightening at new years eve and was hospitalised for 8 months.my plain jane friend sat by my bed side all through and then i realised that i was in love with her.i was so busy dating sexy pussies that i never actually saw her. m married to her now for 25 years and she's still a sweetheart.Once i married her i realised that shes the most beautiful gal i could have ever found.

I still remember the shocked look on her face when i asked her to marry me.she never expected the casanova to pop up the question.Thanks for reminding me of my youth days.

OLD CASANOVA

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

should be in humour category

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

wud wait for next chap when jack tells ade , he is ashamed to be seen with her in front of his frndz. wanna see her face den.

indigoharveyindigoharveyover 12 years agoAuthor

The point of the story is that everybody makes mistakes in life and no matter how big those mistakes might be you still deserve to be happy, Jack and Adrianna never meant to hurt Evan but they werent going to sacrifice their own happiness for him. Not when they were so in love with each other.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous