All Comments on 'A Tale of Two Paramours Ch. 11'

by Kveldulf

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not so sure about this chapter

I have enjoyed this series to date, but not this chapter so much. It seems that Mark's relationship with Jessi has gone from quirky and awkward but sexually adventurous to dysfunctional and disturbing. I get it. She has issues and he is being a selfish prick. But while I like the realism of the story, although it is all improbable, it was a bit too much this chapter, especially coming after a very hot chapter 10. Maybe you should have ended 11 on a high note and saved the fight at the end for the start of the next chapter (or maybe put it in a flashback). Sorry can't give more than a 4 on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I have to disagree with the other comment.

I think calling Mark a selfish prick is a bit much. Personally I find is constant self doubt his most frustrating characteristic. Deciding that he was going to keep seeing both women was probably the biggest step to him becoming more authentically himself in this entire series. The real problem is that Jessi has issues, serious issues, but yet refuses to work on them by claiming that counseling won't work on her. While not beneficial for the story, if I was Mark's friend friend in real life I would advise him to cut his losses. Jessi is too much of a wild card to risk his career, sanity and possibly his personal safety over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great chapter

... love it as it breaks through the simple relationship dynamics for a more complex reality. The crazy bitch tries to heal and wishes for a normal monogamous relationship. The perceived normal guy opts for a cowards way out: not ready for a change, he cannot commit; seems stuck in his post-divorce rebound free fuck phase.

So, again, a fascinating combination of very surprising twist and turns, deep character development/interactions and strong erotic appeal.

Who gives?

(A) Will Jessi keep her backbone if Mark doesn't commit? Will she look for a new guy if not? (B) Will Mark be happy with just Jessika (and maybe a new 2nd paramour as a replacement for Jessi)? (C) Or will the imagined threesome be the happy end?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
excellent character development

One can see in this chapter the contrast in character between Jessi here, and Jessika, in other chapters. This is skillfully explained by the author in the process of advancing the story, once again done so in this chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous