All Comments on 'A Taste of Incest - Spirits'

by Hypoxia

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
HypoxiaHypoxiaover 9 years agoAuthor
AUTHOR'S COMMENT

Stories expand to fill all available space. I meant this piece to be four or five vignette episodes held together with a framing device, the campfire-story circle, with each episode about 3/4 of a LIT page. But it grew into this mini-anthology. If reader response is good, I'll try more mini-anthologies in the A TASTE OF INCEST cycle and probably other areas too.

Each 'tale' here is what I call an episode. I'm trying more and more to write standalone episodes and stories rather than long-drawn-out series. It's a matter of termination. An episode ends but a multi-chapter series may just chug along novelistically with no end in sight. I'm still trying to finish two series (THE BOOK OF RUTH and BLACK & WHITE) so I can move on.

Stories expand. My original Hallowe'en Contest idea was three vignettes: PUMPKIN, SPIRITS, and TAMALES (traditional for Guatemalan Day of the Dead). Those grew into two multi-episode entries (PUMPKIN/CANDY and SPIRITS) and the seed for a new series (VAMOS!). Ay yi yi. I wrote and edited all these SPIRITS episodes in about two days. What to write now?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Only...

I had the feeling this was a tell all type when they were at the campfire. Then it turned into a fuck fest before some of them even told how they got together. Didn't like that and quit rreading after it.

TabooDreamerLXIXTabooDreamerLXIXover 9 years ago
The Start of a Feast

I've been reading stories here for years as an unregistered guest. But I gotta say, this story is one of the best, probably an all time favorite. So much so that I registered to favorite it, and thank you. Keep writing these Tastes. They're phenomenal

HypoxiaHypoxiaover 9 years agoAuthor
anonymous feedback received

No more please

darkdance69darkdance69over 9 years ago
Great Work

Nice use of the frame, it felt pretty organic and natural. I definitely give it 5 stars.

Turtle1952Turtle1952about 6 years ago
Wow

Loved it, what a great read thank you. eager for some more like this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHypoxia@Hypoxia
I started out as a child. It's all been downhill from there. Will it be an uphill battle to become childish again? *** I have various home bases, all in high mountain towns not too far from the Pacific coast of the Americas. At any given moment, I'm probably somewhere b...