All Comments on 'A Terrible Idea'

by LaGazzaLadra

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
100appreciative100appreciativeover 8 years ago
Very Warm

The deep caring and warmth between the two siblings was excellent. A good story. Well written.

Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusover 8 years ago
My new favourite Christmas tale

Much as your previous story, for which we're still awaiting a sequel, this one was a spectacular heartwarming tale! The setting was seasonally perfect, the characters were believable and easy to love, the culmination of love was simple yet so very powerful and the end result was the only possible outcome of such pure love.

I’m glad to see that at least two things that haven’t changed - your love of everything italian and red cars :) And your love of details and funny situations brought more than a dozen smiles, the mistletoe-equipped toilet and the bible quote are tied however.

It's hard to find stories that make you really all fuzzy inside and make you laugh at the same time and then have such a happy ending, so for that I say thank you! Of course I'm keeping fingers crossed for the competition as well!

The 5* were a no brainer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
minor nit...

you want to be upwind of a bad smell, not down...

other than that, a very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It just ain't so

What's with all the ignorance about "birth defects?" The chance of birth defects between incestuous partners is 4% greater than for everyone else, and that is only if both partners have recessive genes. The lack of research ruined it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Actually....

A woman CAN get pregnant immediately after childbirth. It happens all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

I think if he had to wrestle with his reluctance for a couple of days it would have been better. It seemed to rush into sex too soon, but overall the story was outstanding. I gave you 5 stars!

RasmatRasmatover 8 years ago
Yes, I agree. Again.

You really want to be Upwind. The chances are small and simple blood tests can predict the chances of defect. And, once again, I agree with Captain fapulous; the writer nailed this one. Had they not had each other, they might be just as fucked up as all their cousins. They love each other. That's all that matters. Five easy stars.

bluesinthenightbluesinthenightover 8 years ago
Excellent Story

I liked the high emotional content between brother and sister. I liked the way you explained the reason for their closeness. I liked that the sister had a plan to initiate the relationship with her brother. The in depth description of the cousins and grandfather did not add anything to the story and was somewhat distracting. The ending was fantastic. Thank you for the story. I gave it the highest score.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 8 years ago
I liked it

Even with all the bugaboos. Nicely done. Bene fortuna. 5*

LaGazzaLadraLaGazzaLadraover 8 years agoAuthor
In response to "it just ain't so"

"What's with all the ignorance about "birth defects?" The chance of birth defects between incestuous partners is 4% greater than for everyone else, and that is only if both partners have recessive genes. The lack of research ruined it for me."

Not really. The chance of birth defects with unrelated partners is around 3%, whereas with first cousins, it's around 7%. That's not 4% higher, that's more than twice as high. But based on this, doctors argue that there are no medical reasons for a ban on marriage between first cousins, because the chance is still very small.

When it comes to siblings, though, there is simply not enough statistical data to come up with a meaningful figure, also because in many jurisdictions it's illegal. One example from real life are German siblings Patrick Stübing and Susan Karolewski. They had four children together, three of which had birth defects.

So do your own research first, before falsely accusing someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@LaGazzaLadra

"What's with all the ignorance about "birth defects?" The chance of birth defects between incestuous partners is 4% greater than for everyone else, and that is only if both partners have recessive genes. The lack of research ruined it for me."

Not really. The chance of birth defects with unrelated partners is around 3%, whereas with first cousins, it's around 7%. That's not 4% higher, that's more than twice as high."

I think you miss the point; it's not that the chances for related pairings to have children with birth defects are twice as high as for unrelated pairings; that initial 3% figure represents standard deviation from the nominal mean of zero occurrences, to take into account unknown and unknowable genetic anomalies and mutations that are not resultant from the pairing being of related stock.

While the chances of a related pairing having children with greater or lesser impairments are 7% in the great scheme of things, don't forget that's when measured against the nominal mean of zero occurrences and discounting or disregarding that 3% deviation. The chances of a related pairing in the first crossing having children with significant impairments is still only 4% higher than standard deviation from the mean.

LaGazzaLadraLaGazzaLadraover 8 years agoAuthor

It's 7% for first cousins. They have a coefficient of relationship of 12.5%. Full siblings have one of 50%. The closer the genetic relationship (in other words, the higher the coefficient), the higher the chance that both 'good genes' as well as 'bad genes' get amplified, and 'bad genes' lead to birth defects. The taboo is there for a reason.

And anyway, it's a story, not a scientific publication. The main characters are normal people (inasmuch as normal people don't usually have sex with their siblings), not geneticists. I can imagine that one would be disappointed if a story featured penguins in the Arctic, but the claim that offspring of incestuous partners has a mere 4% higher chance of birth defects, without taking the coefficient of relationship into consideration, simply lacks any empirical evidence. On the other hand, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that offspring of close relatives raises the chances of birth defects, like the Stübing/Karolewski couple, or the haemophilia that pervaded the European royal houses in the 19th century.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Drawn out

The most drawn out story I have ever tried to read. So much ado about nothing.

About 3/4 way through the first page I almost fell asleep. So I came here to say all of this about your story. Good greaf!

MavramornMavramornover 8 years ago
Ponderous and dull

Drawn out, uninteresting, and ultimately neither hot nor even very erotic; you shot wide with this one, pal, sorry! 2 stars.

MindsMirrorMindsMirrorover 8 years ago
Nice

There are a couple of rough spots with missing words, but a nice read and premise. We like quirky interplay of the characters and the heartwarming tone of this.

-MM

LaGazzaLadraLaGazzaLadraover 8 years agoAuthor
To 'good greaf' and mavramorn

So what, in your opinion, should have been done differently? I don't mind people telling me they don't like it for whatever reason, as long as they actually give the reason. 'Drawn out'... that's not something I can do a lot with.

If you expect wall-to-wall simultaneous orgasms, >8 inch penises and DD breasts, that's simply never going to happen. It's not my style and never will be. If it's the lack of a disclaimer that bugs you, I'll include it in the future so you can go and wank to something else.

My stories focus on interaction, dialogue and humour. It may not be everyone's taste, but it's not like there isn't enough porn on the Internet. There's a niche for everything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
the title....

Is so apt. I agree with mavramorn in that it is dull,boring and so wordy when it does not have to be. "Drawn out" is something you can control. You bored me to tears describing every single solitary member of the family and why that person was a horrid person. Every paragraph was just a long,extraneous,comma laden explanation of the first sentence. I get that every story does not have to be the hottest,sweatiest,monkey sex story around,just as long as it is a good story. It read a lot like an whiny,bratty teenager narrator. The sex was meh. I did not read it all, I just could not get into your characters or story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wankers and readers

Seems like the real problem here is you've got wankers, and you've got readers.

Keep writing for those of us that can read and actually enjoy a good storyline.

If I want a paper on human genetics, I'll read one elsewhere.

Next we'll have someone comment on the seasonal weather in the fictitious location you describe.

Five stars.

LaGazzaLadraLaGazzaLadraover 8 years agoAuthor

I definitely write for the readers. If you want to read, I'll write, but if you want to wank, what would be expected of me? It's a rather disturbing thought.

As for the background story, I've done a little count. (OK, I'll admit, Word did it for me.) I've spent about 4% on the cousins and a little more than that on the grandfather. 'Bored to tears' seems a little harsh to me. And one does need a bit of background.

The reason is that my stories are firmly set in Western Europe, without getting specific where exactly. And you'll notice that you'd find the names of the characters in English, German, French and Dutch speaking countries.

This story is an exception, because the heritage is important. Why? Because the Mediterranean type (at least, the European part of the Mediterranean) is fairly uncommon in Western Europe. There, you have a lot of blond hair, blue eyes and difficult skin, but I wanted an Italian beauty put against the protagonist. Plenty of blondes in my other stories, most of which are still being written.

The background is there to portray the two main characters as essentially perfect; their cousins are there to reinforce that notion. But what if these two perfect siblings have a child together, what would one make of that? Would it be a perfect child as well, or an abomination?

Perhaps it's the level of detail of the background in relation to the rest of the story, and as I said, it was rushed. Some people started writing in April; I started on the 20th of November. They spent months and months writing, rewriting, and editing; I've spent just over 30 hours. (Microsoft Word has all these wonderful statistics for you.)

But the fact of the matter is that I have a full-time job, and quite a few other commitments. I'd have liked to flesh it out more, to make it more of a proper story, but reality has this nasty habit of catching up with me, and a combination of the deadline and exhaustion meant that I had to wrap it up at some point.

I do value comments, especially negative ones (as strange as that may seem), provided it's done in a constructive way, and gives some hints as to what could be improved. But all too often, some people feel that they need to package negative criticism in an overall negative package. And that's a pity, because it takes away an opportunity that would eventually lead to both them and me enjoying my writing more.

Dodobird92Dodobird92over 8 years ago
Lengthy Intro

It was a great story, loved reading it. But something about the first page.... At a point I found myself saying "just get on with the story, there's is too much explaining going on." Once the actual story got going though, it was smooth. It wasn't drawn out, or rushed. I really liked the ending though. Nice touch with the "one year later"

Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusover 8 years ago

There are enough fapping stories around as is so I say stick to writing for the readers. Your stories always contain something unorthodox that makes it so much more special, it would be a real shame if you sacrificed that for the fap factor. There will always be nay sayers no matter the story, the details, the thought, the labour invested, so screw them and stick to your original approach. They can bark all they want and go find preferable stories.

spankfunforspankfunforover 8 years ago
Love And Lust - Hand in Hand!

Reading and Wanking On THIS Site Go Hand in Hand! Let Us ALL Enjoy YOUR Writing In OUR Own Way! YOU Have a VERY Sexy Way With Words! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Look, don't pay attention to the naysayers

Very very well written. I felt that the beginning was just a touch too long... and the end was a little sudden but actually predictable. Do you think you could try throwing in something rather unexpected(ly erotic?)

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Well Done!

- Very well written!

- A love story of those who were compelled to overcome serious obstacles.

- Nice ending where parents and grand parents embraced their grand/great grand daughter and accepted the unusual union.

- Left me with a happy,good feeling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Please more of your wonderful stories

you are such a talented writer. your characters breath. bravo!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What a bunch of trite and meaningless bullshit!

I could've spent the time I wasted reading this shit on a comic book and received a lot more from of it. This sucked! I wouldn't try to make a living as a writer if I was you. You'll bloody starve to death.

LaGazzaLadraLaGazzaLadraabout 8 years agoAuthor
"I wouldn't try to make a living as a writer if I was you."

What a most peculiar thing to say. What on earth makes you believe I would ever write stories and post them here, other than for my own enjoyment and, Deo volente, that of others? I do make a very comfortable living writing (specifically, computer software), which allows me to drive a somewhat inappropriate (and red, obviously) car. I wouldn't be so daft as to throw that all away. Imagine having to take the bus, good grief.

The one issue I have with your unfortunately anonymously submitted comment, however, is that it isn't particularly useful. Like the 'you're fantastic, I want your baby!' type of comments, the 'you suck, I hope that bearded extremists grab you and perform unnatural acts on you' category of comments are essentially useless, because they don't tell me what I could do to improve, and let you enjoy my creations, instead of forcing you towards Daisy Duck for a bit of quality time.

Perhaps you forgot to do so in your haste to share your opinion with me, or perhaps you were aggrieved because you just lost your job at McDonalds. It's a bit difficult for me to tell, so I can only try and guess. But if I may offer some advice, next time try to identify ways how my writing could be improved. After all, you would profit, I would profit, and everybody would profit, except perhaps the publishers of comic books.

mountaincat4mountaincat4about 8 years ago
Responding to trolls is a Terrible Idea.

Like you I am sometimes tempted to respond to a comment that is only meant to provoke and demean. These verbal abuses are usually from 'anonymous' and come in various flavors from 'piece of shit' to long stupid critiques of some insignificant, trivial detail like 'upwind' vs 'downwind'. There are also the inevitable complaints about the story being too long (if it's over 1 page) and/or fails to get to the exaggeratedly graphic details of sex the reader (I use the term loosely) was expecting. There is never any intent to provide positive feedback or constructive suggestions but only to attack somebody who has taken their time to attempt to provide an interesting reading experience for a wide audience.

I found your story to be comfortable on the eyes and was in no hurry to get through it. I like the emphasis on love even in such an unlikely setting as the dysfunctional family into which you placed your characters. The sister's well planned seduction was not perfect but that's what made it so charming. She took a chance and finally put her cards on the table. I could almost feel her young heart beating wildly with anxious anticipation for his response. The baby was (at least in my opinion) the unexpected and surprisingly appropriate (to borrow your word) event that gave a glimmer of hope for the entire family.

So quit wasting your time on these vitriolic diatribes and get back to writing your stories. Delete them so the rest of us don't have to be downwind of them when we finish your story. Responding to this crap only encourages the people who write them to reach into their diapers and throw more poo-poo at others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Haters make me sick

Dang most of u r haters just leave the auther alone,But i like the story so keep up the good work Gazza.

kelprimekelprimeabout 8 years ago
Eh.

It was good but had a god awful amount of useless information that I found myself skipping.

vividlyyoursvividlyyoursabout 8 years ago
A different twist

A cute tale, a short and exciting read, with a very different twist than most stories. Ignore the haters making comments; you write the story well. Even the trashy cousins are useful for comic relief and to set the mood for what they face in the family. Nicely done.

gaynudist50gaynudist50almost 8 years ago
Well done

Your story is a good one, and like you said it's just a story, and over analyzing it is just pathetic. Just on a factual note Queen Victoria & Prince Albert were first cousins and had 5 children. There is a reason that incest is the most popular storyline on literotica. Please continue, writing. The one thing we see little of incest wise is gay incest. There's less likely of the biological defects in a gay incest romance.

TEBbzTEBbzalmost 8 years ago
Marvelous

It was a cute story, not an accolade that can be shared with a lot of stories on this site (hot and its various synonyms, yes, but not cute). Charlotte was young, in love and endearingly over the top with her seduction and she made my heart melt.

I won't lie, I came here just for the inevitable sex and while I was a TINY bit disappointed in that regard, the focus being on the romance and sensuality more than made up for it. You reminded me that this site, and erotica in general, isn't principally for making prosaic porn.

5 stars, no question.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Review

I've only two Literotica stories on my "favourites" memory. This is the second - because I read it second! Like the girl in the other one, I LOVE Lottie!! Albert's not bad either!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazing.

This along with both stories of Robert and Iris are amazing and, in their way, relatable. I'm looking forward to your next one.

MullendersMullendersover 7 years ago

hmmm you go on about western europe and how does not have many white cristmases you are right about that but that still dont include italy since its south europe

OedipusErectusOedipusErectusabout 6 years ago
Cute Kids, Cute Story

Thank you for writing this most entertaining and heartwarming story. I liked the way the sister set her trap and the way the brother did nothing to escape once it was sprung. And, judging from the story's ending, they seem to be in for the long haul. Five stars and kudos to you, sir!

rightbankrightbankabout 6 years ago
Well planned

And executed.

Because it was written equally well.

Thanks

Omart57Omart57about 6 years ago
Very Well

written , an excellent story! I love a happy ending.

Subject13ASubject13Aover 4 years ago
Wow...

...this needs a sequel. Love to see what the reaction of the rest of the family. Will they have more babies?

happybirthday22happybirthday22about 4 years ago
Beggers can't be choosers!

It's so funny!

WyndsofChangeWyndsofChangeover 2 years ago

This is an exquisitely written, incredibly beautiful story. I've read it several times and love it egret single time.

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

Loved it, beautifully written.

MADDOGINTEXASMADDOGINTEXASalmost 2 years ago

Very, very nice story...I love a happy sister-brother ending, especially like that.

AND, for an Italian family to accept the outcome of their relationship like this...so radically nice!! As Bertie and Lotte said, 'family must be really fucked up'...HO!HO!HO! SO FUNNY, THAT!

FIVE STARS🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠 and a request for more, PLEASE!!??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Birth defects?

Not likely. Abnormal non related 4.9% and for incest 5%.

rtch0bkrrtch0bkrover 1 year ago

So romantic and heartthrobbing... thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A long set up but it's a good ending...

Except the very common misconception that incest creates mutant babyzombies. Its multi-generational incest babies that cause a noticeable increase in the possibility of issues.

hellhale01hellhale01over 1 year ago

What a beautiful story I absolutely love brother sister impregnation stories it is one of my biggest fantasies

ToughSailorToughSailor5 months ago

I'm really not a fan of incest pregnancy stories, but this one proves to be the exception. One part had me curious and slightly disappointed. At the very beginning when Charlotte and Albert first met at Grandpas, she indicated that something happened at the parents house that "was worse than he thought". Never was explained what it was that went on. Inference was that it might have been sexual. If so, maybe you could flesh it out in another chapter . . . .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous