All Comments on 'A Thankful Blizzard Pt. 02'

by rexspaulding

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
arrowglassarrowglassalmost 10 years ago
Can't wait!!!

Cannot wait to read more...like your style...the storyline...the slow burn to such passion...then a "kicker" to tantalize for the next chapter. Write on...please!!! BTW...it is NOT letting me rate it...nothing happens when I click on the star5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I think you went over board and got a bit tedious with all the snow talk, I got quite bored and you lost me.

bearsladybearsladyalmost 10 years ago

Didn't mind the chem lessons as it reinforced his awkwardness. Loved your thought of using his knowledge to allay his nerves :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Looking Forward to Next Chapter

Nothing tedious about his chemistry lessons whatsoever. They just added a wonderful twist and anticipation to the story. Can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Notify the Families Now!

As I just said, I think it's a wonderful story so far. I am bothered, however, that neither Paul or Kat have given any thought to notifying their families that they are snowed in but OK. In fact it was surprising that Helen seemed to think of everything else, but didn't suggest using the diner phone to let their families know they were safe. Hope they can get the word out soon, especially Kat since police are looking for her.

CalliciousCalliciousalmost 10 years ago
Very much improved!

Very nicely done. I liked the chem talk, because it built up Paul's personality without becoming wasted verbiage. You use a good bit of foreshadowing, which helps give a sense of direction, but you don't give it away so as to make the rest of it trite and "scripted".

Don't rush your next segment. You don't want to take to long, but if you rush it you lose your sense of story and you end up making errors. I will be waiting for your next posting with bated breath.

jc

dlearyousdlearyousalmost 10 years ago
WOW!!!

Enjoyed very much. No I was not bothered by the snowflake description. It fit well

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story.

I really enjoyed this story. Looking forward to the next part

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wonderful

So very enjoyable, I look forward to its continuation.

Thank you.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 10 years ago
Great job well done!

I just love the "First Time" category! And I see you reveling in your status as a new writer. I assume that Paul reflects the fondest image of yourself. And wonderful it is to behold!

Once again, I find myself of the same mind as Callicious. I need to delve into his writings.

I think you share many qualities with foolish_hobgoblin. You might check her out, as a kindred spirit, especially her "Road Trip" series.

As others have already noted, you have tapped a rich story line, which you can take in a lot of fruitful directions.

One of the very best tributes I can pay to your skill as a writer is that your writing appears effortless. And yet I am conscious, thanks to my abundance of grey hairs, that every word, sentence, and paragraph is a product of profound thoughtfulness. I am grateful (and envious!).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great, Just great!

The only thing you should change is for you to combine chapters 1 and 2 into one chapter and you'll have the best story on Literotica!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Hats off to the author! Although it took forever to get to any sex scene, it was a fantastic read! You really brought life to the characters and truly kept the reader interested. Keep up the awesome work; I'm REALLY looking forward to your future installments!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thanks

Now I know everything about snowflakes. Just kidding. Enjoyed your story a lot, just like the first part.

symtronsymtronalmost 10 years ago
Snowflakes - well darn

I should not admit this but I actually read the parts about the snowflakes over and over...I knew Lit was educational ha ha...

Seriously, great read and I'm looking for the next parts <--- that is plural

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
More Please.

Please don't not let us hanging at this point. Lets have at least another installment with at least a happily ever after ending.

This is a sweet loving story the way all first times should be.

Looking forward to at least one other episode and a Happy ending.

Please don't let us down.

rexspauldingrexspauldingalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Worry Not

I know it's been a while since my last part. I am sorry for the delay. I had guests this past weekend, delaying writing. I've also spent more time editing, as I want this to tell exactly what I imagined.

Good news is that it's finished. The part anyway. I expect it'll be up in a few days. (just pending one last polishing glance, then however long for approval)

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Rex

rexspauldingrexspauldingalmost 10 years agoAuthor
It's coming

I had that issue a few days ago, where part 3 had been rejected due to me leaving my editor's comments in the story.

I resubmitted it a few days ago. I'm hoping it will publish very soon.

I am happy to announce that part 4 is almost complete. I'm just finishing up the last part, then off to the editor - and this time I'll remove comments before submitting. : /

(as of 3:00pm, central time, 5/25)

Rex

searchingforperfectionsearchingforperfectionalmost 10 years ago
Wonderful

I'm a sucker for seduction and slow buildups, so this story rang all of my chimes. The fact that they were both first-timers was a happy turn, and that we didn't know until the last (or first) moment that she, too, was a virgin was quite a bonus.

I'm a shy science guy myself, and the first time I had sex the woman almost literally pulled me into her apartment by the ears; so I can certainly identify with our hero.

Another major plus for me was that your grammar, syntax, and spelling made the grade. Unfortunately, a lot of the stories on this site are hard for me to read that I never finish the first paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
BE CAREFUL

you have a good story going, don't ruin it with over the top twists. if the family was that big and rich there wouldn't be an issue with one ranch they could just buy out the other family.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 10 years ago
Fantastic

Fantastic. About as close to perfection on the romance scale as one can get. I found this after several parts have already been written, so I don't have to wait impatiently for another one to be posted, lucky me, but if the writing stays at this level I can already say that I hope it goes on for a very long time. This could be another story I would love to see expanded to a full length novel. One of these days an author here is going to take my advice and write the book I want. Perhaps this will one day be a best seller that I can hold in my hand and spend hours, if not days, rereading to my hearts content.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Be careful?

In order for the White's to buy out the other family they would have to be willing to be bought out,which they have shown that they were unwilling to do so all the way up to this story.Also if that were the case there would be no story here.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
didn't expect to encounter a TED talk on Lit

either that or it was a Doctoral Dissertation interspersed with the occasional bit of chit chat.

Mojo648Mojo648over 4 years ago
Review.

Yes you talked about snow but when you got into the science of it, you lost me, I skipped to the part of the diner, I'll be honest with you, please simplify the snow stuff and replace it by other things that can be done in the cabin storyline, to me at Christmas snow flakes fall to the ground and makes plenty of snow, that's all I want to know about snow and snowflake.....

Otherwise, I like this storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You are nailing these cliffhangers.

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

This story is a lot of fun, and thoroughly enjoyable.

topsectopsec11 months ago

This is my third time reading this series. It's as enjoyable now as it was the third time. I have the rest of the series to finish.

I hope you could find the time to start writing again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrexspaulding@rexspaulding
481 Followers
5/24/2020 Yeah, so life has been busy. A lot has changed. Finished school, got my dream job, bought a house. Unbelievable how much has changed since I first started reading, posting my 2 stories... I am finding a bit more time now, so I'm reviewing my stories. The one I have b...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES