A Victorian Lord Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Twenty Thousand it seems." Tis too much, with no park and no estate tis barely worth a fourth of twenty, no you may take it and welcome, otherwise I shall give you my note, pray let us repair to the office and it shall be signed."

Rokeby, Flemming and lloyd repaired to the estate office where Rokeby signed his note,

"Tis still a Charlie Rokeby note sir, The Lord Asfordly papers yet have not been even ordered," Rokeby grinned.

"But sir the house was always to be inseperable from the estate."

"I made not the agreement sir, it is as much a surprise to myself that such should have been made but such it is and such we must respect it."

"And what surety do I have that your note is sound?"

"Well pray you that it be unsound and that a park indeed might be bought for thine house, feel free to make use of our church your prayer sir."

Lloyd went disconsolately away.

"Aunt" Shouted Rokeby. "We are to be cast out, pray pack your traps that you may expedite your departure."

"But have you not have saved the estate" she cried.

"I have fobbed him off with useless paper as James is wont to do but no we are ruined, I cannot pay such. I shall repair to the Casinoes of Whitechapel and try to win a fortune, we depart Thursday, spread the word pray." Rokeby spoke straight faced.

The afternoon sunlight grew dim, all gathered for Dinner yet conversation was stilted, and repast finished all drifted away, Rokeby and Mary to his bed chamber, yet passion were not their goal, intrigue instead their goal. Presently Flemming knocked.

"Come in" Rokeby called. "We must repair to Whitechapel forthwith, the earliest train we must be upon, the eight and twenty."

Mary spoke "My Lord why not steal a march and ride upon the Luggage Train, it doth take up wagons each night at Catesby, in the midnight hours, meats, hams sides of beef, rabbits even then straight to Spitalfields depot."

"Verily your knowledge doth astound me, so let us away, you might choose to remain or join Flemming and I, and what of Agnes, James."

"Perhaps she should remain here," James agreed, and it was so, dressed for hunting our trio didst set sail for Catesby, clutching share certificates and deeds in their hunting packs.

12