A Voice From the Night World Ch. 05

Story Info
A gay tale from Liev a The Night World shifter.
12.2k words
4.77
11.7k
4

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/10/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I don't own The Night World or seek to profit from the ideas or characters that belong to another. The Night World belongs to the wonderful L. J Smith. I thank her for creating such a wonderful series that I can borrow for the use of my characters.

The characters in this story are fictional and any similarities to living people are accidental. As this story contains sex between males, you need to be of legal age to be reading this story and if you don't want to be reading about sex between young men you might want to stop now. Feedback is very welcome, as is anyone who is keen to pre-read or edit for me. All can be sent to me via my profile. I hope you all enjoy!

Author's Note: Thanks for all the generous feedback. Apologies for the long delay of this chapter and thank for your patience, internet problems and life meant this took a back seat. But here it is the chapter you've all waited patiently before. Also thanks to the reader who gave me the idea for the hall fight and to take the fight to the country, this was originally in Glasgow. Enjoy the ride!

*

I was jostled awake not long after dawn by a hard prod in the back. I felt my own fidgety shifting had woken my soulmate up for the second night in a row as I tossed fitfully from another of my uneasy dreams.

I felt him lean over me and saw both my hands were gripping the sheets in tight fists. I could see my claws were out and I had ripped the sheets and my own hands up with the same claws as they stabbed into the mattress, clawing my own nightmares.

I felt him sigh and get out of bed to fetch a damp facecloth from the ensuite bathroom attached to this room. He crouched naked in front of me and began to firmly coax my fingers to release my stranglehold of the sheets.

He used the cloth to clean up my own blood and self inflicted cuts, cuts that were already healing as he cleaned them. I felt him shift as he knelt on the floor his fingers moving to stroke my face comfortingly.

He kissed the side of my neck and shoulder nuzzling against my ear. I inhaled the familiar smell of him a unique mix of falcon, cold alpine air, and grass with a distinctive peppery undertone. I felt him drop the cloth on the floor and stroke his fingers through my hair.

As always if I was anywhere near the smell of him and his warm, hard body my own body responded, as I felt his own react. Because I was touching him the soulmate bond was enveloping our minds in hazy blue mist and I could feel his emotions, see his thoughts and I knew he could see the nightmare as the images still flickered through me.

It was the same reoccurring dream I'd been having off and on for the past two days. It was a natural response to the disastrous events we had faced with Michael and the larger looming war with the Night World.

I was running through a house that bore a perfect resemblance to the house of Michael's friends and was trying yet again to get to him before the gun shot went off.

I felt Chay's awareness of me in his head and his need to comfort me, stop the problem.

I felt my own purr as I slid my hand down to wrap my fingers around the wrist of his free hand, my fingers stroking his pulse. I felt his own matching desire for me in his mind, in the tensing of his muscles, his rocketing pulse and I could smell sex on him from earlier on that night.

Without reaching down to stroke his cock I could smell and feel his own arousal and knew he was hard too.

I felt him nuzzle my neck humming a tune that was nearly a soothing purr; I recognised it as an old Finnish lullaby I'd heard before, as he chased the dream out of my head.

In so many ways Chay he is the falcon that lives in him and in his own way is ruled by his instincts, in his savage drive to protect or defend his territory, his devotion to and passionate need of his mate.

But there is willingness in him to be coldly ruthless to get what he want, to get his prey. He is far more patient, precise and merciless then I am.

I could hear him think me reckless, hot heated and impulsive. The falcon he is hunts by using sheer relentless power, fear and merciless patience to exhaust his victims, he's far more intelligent than I am, the thinker and planner.

He thought I was taking what happened to Michael and this war we are in too much to heart and far too personally, this war was not going to end well. He thought the pragmatic thing was to move on to the next thing.

But my thoughts had strayed from his, I'd released him from our mingling thoughts but not for long, he never let me deny him for long.

He shifted pushing me over as he moved back up onto the bed and slid in next to me. He wrapped himself around me and pressed his lips into the hollow of my throat still humming the same old wordless tune. I felt his leg wind through mine, his foot stroking my calf.

I felt his fierce focus on me and was surprised to realise my own arms had wrapped around him with my fingers tangled in his hair as. I didn't remember doing that, it was so instinctive to touch him and respond.

I felt him pull me deeper into his mind, into his own memories. He distracted me with his own memories of flying as a falcon letting me feel and experience it through him.

I felt my own purr and his hum as I offered up my own treasured memories of running and stalking as a lynx, such was the way we distracted and comforted each other.

I must have dozed lost in our memories and the song he was humming because when I next opened my eyes time had passed and Chad had drifted back to sleep, I could see the approaching dawn through the blinds.

I felt the edgy restless urge to run to shake loose the thoughts and feelings still haunting me. Locked in the shape of a lynx I'd be beyond it, a lynx doesn't dwell on anything except prey, shelter, sex, danger and the odd bit of play.

Carefully I wriggled away from him untangling my limbs from his and couldn't help watching him for a moment. His fair hair was loose and mussed, his pale skin still flushed pink from sleep, face and body relaxed.

Pulling on my furry dark shifter pants and shirt I didn't bother with shoes, I wouldn't need them as a lynx, I padded to the bathroom down the hall to piss and then padded out of the house. I jogged to the big park a mile up the road, most safehouses were close to a big park with a small forest of trees and ours was no exception.

Once I was hidden by the trees I dropped to the ground and shifted feeling that familiar rush of pain and elation as I became the lynx. On all fours I trotted even further into the trees and began to run.

When I'd run my skittish nerves to exhaustion I sprawled out on the leafy ground under a willow tree to catch my breath.

I lazed, drifting as I listened to and smelled the sounds and scents of scurrying animals as they attended to the never ending business of finding food, defending territories and raising young. I even heard a couple of early runners doing their bit to stay fit even at this early hour.

One sound and scent caught my attention more than the others as I opened my eyes and glanced up to see the gyrfalcon landing on a branch of my willow tree. He folded his wings and watched me with those fierce dark eyes. I felt his hunter's pride, the satisfaction that he'd found me and the annoyance that I'd left without him.

I yawned feeling my ears flick at him knowing he could feel my amusement with him. I felt the sudden push-pull release of shifter energy as he shifted, to me it looked like his form wavered and flickered like a desert mirage or the heat haze above a road on a hot summer day, leaving the human sitting on the branch.

He jumped easily to the ground clothed in his white feathered clothing and simply waited as I still watched him.

"Why didn't you wake me up? You know I can't sleep without you." He grumbled.

I yawned again as I considered him, I got up and leisurely stretched out my strong supple cat body. I sauntered up to him, and I nudged him, rubbing against him affectionately. Being deliberately annoying as I knew he hated it, I licked the back of his hand with my rough tongue.

Sneezing violently I laughed as only a feline can as the exasperation, disgust and affection fought it out in his expression as he wiped the back of his hand against his pants.

I rubbed against him again purring as I deliberately leaned all my weight on him. He didn't move except to lock his legs and drop his hand in the short ruff on my neck, stroking the fur there with those long killing fingers of his.

Without warning I darted away from him feeling him fall against the willow tree in surprise at the abrupt loss of my weight against him. I growled at him playfully and unable to resist a challenge Chay smirked back lunging towards me; the game was on as I took off.

Alternating between human and falcon Chay chased me through the trees. There was a point where I lost him, he simply disappeared and that concerned the human and lynx equally, he was too good a hunter to lose me with the simple distraction tactic I'd used.

I crouched in the shelter of some bushes, still a lynx, my senses were better as a cat, and I strained my eyes, ears and nose to pick up any trace of him. I even checked the trees above me and silver cord, still nothing, not good.

Without warning a shadow dropped not out of the tree above me, but out of the tree behind me, and pounced on me easily bowling me over.

For a few minutes the pair of us wrestled on the forest floor, still human against cat, until I managed to wriggle free and dashed off again, realizing he let me, he was too skilled a killer and hunter. Scrambling to his feet I felt the grin, the hunger for the hunt that was singing through him, as he chased after me through the trees.

Getting far enough ahead of him, I was faster as a cat then he was as a human, I hid behind a thick oak tree and shifted, calling back my human form. I allowed him to approach my tree and saw him stop; he cocked his head clearly listening, sharp eyes scanning the area.

Before he could get a lock on me I jumped out from my hiding place, using my momentum to pounce on him. This time I bowled him over, I felt the instinctive, experienced tensing of his muscles as he automatically readied to defend or kill and abrupt release of that terrible energy as he recognized the feel and scent of me.

I smirked at my falcon as I pinned his sprawled body to the grass, he smirked back at me, his colour high, hair wild and dark eyes smoky with lust, flashing with the wildness of a hunt.

I quirked a challenging eyebrow knowing my green eyes would be reflecting the same heat and wildness. His own body was also stirring with the feel of me pressing against him and I couldn't help rubbing against him, marking him with my scent as my own cock hardened.

Chay's smirk stretched quickly shifting into that rare grin of his, as he titled his head back offering his throat and his body. He was so proud, so pleased that I'd managed to beat him it gave him hope that I'd survive this war.

He might have lost but any time he managed to push me, especially if sex was a bonus he felt he'd won and behind the properly lowered gaze I caught the gleam of triumph in those hot dark eyes. He might have been in the submissive position but he knew he owned me.

I couldn't resist his vulnerable pale throat and neck as my mating instincts drove me to mark and claim him. I leaned down to bite and suck at his neck drawing soft whimpers out of him. They had my thick cock pulsing with a need to be in him.

Arching up against me he pushed his body against me and let out a particularly loud moan. Then his strong killer's hands were gripping my shoulders as he began raining kisses on my upper chest and shoulders.

Pushing back against him I ground my erection against his, running my hot mouth up his neck and jaw towards his lips.

I teased him kissing his cheeks and jaw, just brushing my lips across his soft lips, then moving away to continue the same brushing kisses.

He grunted in frustration, grinding his own thick cock against me as he grabbed my hair. He used his grip to drag my lips to his own and kissed me hard, trying to force my mouth open as our hips ground against each other.

For a moment I continued to tease him and refused to open my mouth but I let him in. I moaned as I was assaulted by the heat and almost violent aggression of Chay's mouth, teeth and tongue as the man tried his best to eat me.

We both moaned as I quickly took over the aggressive kiss, it didn't take long before I couldn't take it anymore and with a curse I snapped.

I pinned his trembling body to the ground roughly grinding my cock into him again, my wandering hands stripping off his clothes, as they stroked and grabbed at sleek, straining muscle covered in smooth, velvety skin.

Chay was muttering in a mix of Finnish, English and Ojibwa as he scattered little sucking kisses over my face, neck and collarbone as his own hands all but ripped my clothes off. I heard his pleased sigh as I felt his hands run over my skin.

"Fuck me!" He ground out as we broke free of another hungry kiss.

"Trying to tell me what to do?" I growled rubbing my body against him, my hand wrapping around his cock to stroke him teasingly.

"It isn't what you want?" He asked and the arrogant smirk was back as he pushed his hips forward, thrusting his cock into my stroking hand.

I groaned as his cock pulsed in my hand and I felt his own free hand wrap around my own cock.

I grinned down at him watching as those smoky dark eyes flashed with lust and demand as he squeezed my hard, thick cock.

"Harder, faster!" I demanded as I tightened my own grip on Chay's cock, stroking in time with him as we both obeyed our bodies pleas for a fuck.

I squeezed his cock as I lowered my head and sucked hard on his nipples as we jacked each other. He hissed at the pleasure pain shooting from the sucking, nipping pressure of my mouth as I shifted back and forth between his nipples.

I felt him nearly faint with the waves of pulsing pleasure that fed from his nipples to his cock and from my hand stroking his cock. I felt him get close to shooting his load in the trembling of his body and the more frantic pace of the hand stroking my dick.

I shifted lower trailing kisses, sharp nips and my tongue slowly down his body and felt him tense then begin to squirm as he realized where I was heading.

I grinned against his lower abs as I felt the helpless insistent push of his free hand against my shoulder as he sought to get me where he wanted me.

I smelled the sharpening, heady scent of sex and desire pouring off him and heard the sharp intake breath as I finally pushed my way between his legs. I blew on his cock and dragged my tongue up its length teasing him as he attempted to thrust it at my mouth.

I laughed and gave in taking his cock in my mouth; I sucked and licked at his cock, slowly swallowing the entire length. I heard his moan as I began to play with his balls, running my little finger across his hole as I used my mouth to play with his cock.

"I want you!" He managed to grit out squirming underneath me as he started to fuck my face.

I heard my own growl as I shifted, moving further down him as I pushed his legs further apart and pushed them over my shoulders.

Anticipating what I was going to do he whimpered rolling his hips up so that I get at the small, pink treasure between them.

I released his cock and he couldn't help the unhappy groan, but it quickly changed to a moan as I bent my head trailing my tongue across his hole.

Slowly I sucked and licked at the small, tight hole until I could push my tongue in and out with enough speed and depth to have him withering underneath me cursing at me as I used my hands to play with his balls and stroke his thighs.

When I thought him excited enough I moved back up his body, watching his burning eyes lock on my mouth as I liked my lips, I liked the taste and smell of him.

I made sure to rub thoroughly against him, grinding my cock against him. He arched against me as I nudged against him, pushing my cock against him with steady pressure until I felt the head pop through his tight sphincter.

He was moaning mindlessly into my neck I began to push the rest of my cock into him. I sucked hard at the vulnerable tendon running up his neck marking him and holding him down in place for my cock.

I felt my balls rest against his smooth ass and I groaned at the feel of the tight, hot clasp his body had on my cock, there was nothing like it in the world.

Holding still for a moment to let him adjust to the invasion of my cock, I slid a hand down to stroke his cock. When I felt him begin to strain against me, his thighs gripping my shoulders as he pushed up against me with a little moan to urge me to fuck him , I did.

His strangled moans were encouraging me to thrust harder and faster, fucking that tight ass I love as I slid my hands underneath him, unable to resist the desire to grab at and squeeze his ass.

The encouraging and increasingly desperate noises Chay was making only goaded me on he began pushing back against the hard thrusts of my cock. I made sure I jacked him in time to my thrusts.

With a heated curse I locked my teeth in his shoulder, tasting blood and I dug my fingers into his ass massaging the muscles. I felt Chay's own feverish clutching of my shoulder as he abruptly screamed his body tensing as his cock jerked once, twice, then I felt his warm seed coat our stomachs.

His ass clamped around my cock squeezing me as I felt my own balls draw up, my own hot seed roaring up my cock as I growled, clutching him against me as my cock released into him.

Collapsing on top of him I released his shoulder, pulled my teeth and cock out of him as I licked at the bite I'd left in him.

It was a while before either of us had the energy or the will to move. But as dawn began to announce itself we roused ourselves pulling our clothes back on and we began a slow, ambling trek back to the safehouse.

Once there we quickly showered necking and touching each other with tender care as we cleaned up. Feeling pleasantly worn out and sleepy, we crawled back into bed naked.

We wrapped ourselves around each other and as the soft blue haze closed around us I felt him pull me deeper into his mind than usual, back into his own memories. He distracted me from falling back into my nightmares; even after all we'd done tonight, he still wanted to keep me away from dark thoughts and I felt the hum of the same wordless Finnish tune.

We both drifted, and to our surprise our devious soulmate connection took us back to the beginning, memories neither of us looked at much.

. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

4 MONTHS AGO

CHAY

From where I stood in the crowd of yelling, jeering Night Worlders, I could see a cat in human form hiding in plain sight. Aside from him, the one I watched, I could see a tiger, a lioness, a cheetah and a jaguar scattered about the old concrete warehouse but he had caught my interest.

The mingled scents of Night Worlders with damp concrete, blood and rotting wood was an odd one, almost unpleasant, even for a predator like me.

I could see his tattoos which tried to trick me he's a werewolf, but I wasn't fooled, I could see the cat in him, but I wasn't sure what cat it was yet. It's in the lazy, predatory prowl, the broad muscular shoulders and arms, the sleek build and swift reflexes.

His cat is there in the short tawny blond hair that holds a gloss closer to a pelt then mere hair. His cat is there in the large almond shaped green eyes that tilt up at the edges meeting his high, sharp cheekbones as they peek out from under his fringe.

But it is his expressions and the energy he carries with him that made him unique even for a cat shifter and drew me, along with his looks, to him like a moth to a light bulb.