A Walk in the Park

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Another one?" he asked wearily, as if Debbie was the latest in a very long succession of failed relationships.

I let it pass and went on, "Debbie sounds really nice. She works in a vet's surgery."

I thought this might awaken a glimmer of interest in Jake as he was quite interested in animals, but he seemed too bored by the idea of his dad having a potential woman in his life to let any kind of reaction show.

I said, "Well, we're having a meal together a week next Wednesday."

He nodded, his face still concealing his opinions, if he had any. "Cool. I'll go over to Dan's."

"What about your tea?"

He shrugged. "His mum'll cook something."

It never ceased to amaze me how other lads' mums could rustle up food at the drop of hat. I needed months of warning if Jake was going to invite his friends home with him.

He looked up at me. "Can you pick me from there? When you and her are through."

"When we're 'through'?" I laughed. "You make it sound like it's going to be just a single date."

Jake didn't seem to be in a mood for humour. It seemed as if, for some reason, he'd formed an opinion against Debbie, or perhaps didn't like the idea of me having a girlfriend, if it ever came to that. It was strange for him to behave like this: he'd never previously expressed any kind of animosity towards any of the women I'd dated since his mum left.

I said, "I'm meeting her after work so it'll be about nine-ish when I pick you up. Not much later than that."

He nodded, his expression still inscrutable.

I could see I was going to get nowhere with him if I tried to pursue this.

I love Jake to bits – he means everything to me and I should probably let him know that more often than I do – but sometimes he can be so bloody infuriating.

===

Next story: Medical History

===