All Comments on 'A Web of Sex, Lies and Sex'

by lexykhan

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Danno_61455Danno_61455over 8 years ago
SOME OBSCURE AND DISJOINTED ASSOCIATIONS

You do have a voice worth hearing in this niche. I have read an earlier adult fiction you posted on loss of virginity, and they are similarly flawed. Just my opinion. It must be very tough to take a work and set it aside for ten days after putting effort into building the story and wrapping characters in layers of personality, but it must be done to move higher in reader opinion polls.

If you re-read this posting today I believe you will find sections you would like to make clearer or maybe more simplified. This is why putting a story aside for ten days and proofing it is more important than rushing to post.

3 stars

lexykhanlexykhanover 8 years agoAuthor
Danno

Hey, Danno. Thanks for the feedback.

Your critique sounds fair to me. When I wrote this story, I was really focused on getting it out of my head and into reality. I ended up working on it a bunch, and wrote it all in one sitting. I knew when I finished that it probably had some issues, but I was out of energy and just wanted to get it out there. I'm sure you're right, and editing it would have made it better.

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate it.

- Lex

mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 8 years ago
A really good story -- thank you

You write very well, but this did have the feeling of something a little unpolished. The old maxim, 'writing is re-writing' is one to keep in the front of your mind -- after you have dashed off the first draft!

Most enjoyable -- four stars and please keep on writing.

lexykhanlexykhanover 8 years agoAuthor
Mel_Pomene

Hi, Mel. Thanks for reading, and the positive comment.

I agree with you, the story could have benefitted from some polish. I honestly didn't proofread at all before I posted it. I'm just starting out, and I was in a hurry to get it out there and find out if it was any good.

Thanks again, I appreciate the encouragement.

- Lex

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

What an asshole! Taking advantage of a mentally ill woman.

Kitist02Kitist02over 8 years ago
Wait a bit...

Danno & Mel's comments about re-writing, or waiting a few if not ten days, and then editing it are very useful advice. You have the gift/knack of writing a well linked and more or less complete story but, and it is a big but, your work needs to be edited severely.

After looking at your other work I see no reason to change my opinion that you have strong things to say. Keep writing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous