A Week Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jake I'm not in the mood for this."

"Jake?"

At the deep voice, Wyatt looked up and saw William. William was another colleague at the firm and one she sincerely liked. He was a huge help when she first started and helped her out at the drop of a hat if she needed it. He was a damn good lawyer and had been at the firm for five years already. He always seemed laid back and chill and they got along quite well.

"I'm sorry William. I'm just trying to get all my information together for this mock trial and I've been very distracted."

She watched a radiant smile light up his face and felt her neck warm. God if only he knew what she had done a few hours ago he would not be smiling at her like that.

"Believe me I understand. I'm glad I wasn't chosen to go up against you. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park."

"Thanks William."

Wyatt smiled sheepishly at the compliment. William always knew the right things to say to make her feel better.

"I was wondering if you were doing something this weekend? Maybe we can grab a bite to eat or catch a movie?"

Wyatt was surprised he asked her out. Since she had been there he flirted with her occasionally and even went as far to take her under his wing when she first was brought on but she always had the feeling he wasn't that interested. Before she could give him an answer a lazy drawl cut into their conversation.

"She won't be able to attend because she and I have some unfinished business."

William and Wyatt both turned to look at Jake. He looked a little disheveled but only Wyatt noticed because she was the cause of it. She narrowed her eyes at him and he in turn sent an arrogant smile William's way. William frowned and turned back to Wyatt.

"I'll talk to you later."

He walked off leaving the pair in a staring contest.

"Where the hell do you get off deciding who I date? I know you would like to believe that you own me but you don't! If I want to go out with William I will!"

Jake was fuming he stepped closer to her blocking her into her office cubicle and away from nosey eyes.

"I don't know if you've forgotten Miss Johnson but for the next six days your ass belongs to me. I've found myself repeating myself more than once to you and I'm getting quite aggravated by it. If I say you're not going on a date you're not end of story. Once these six days are up you can do whatever the hell you want to do with William. Hell ride him like a fucking bronco for all I care, but until then you will abide by my rules. Got it?"

"Loud and clear."

She stood stiff as a board as Jake invaded her space. They held another intense staring contest until finally he backed away and left to his own desk. She let out a deep breath she hadn't known she was holding and couldn't help the groan that escaped her at the realization that she was soaking wet from this little exchange. God help her.

12