A White Tiger and The Wolf Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Henry knocked on the door while Bradley was speaking with Albert Montgomery, Alpha of the Crest wolf pack. "Albert, this is Bradley. I need to know if you can spare some of your best warriors to help guard my mate, Kay. She is one of a very few pure, white tigers and a man named Lazlo is trying to capture her to have control of her power."

"You have found your mate? When did this happen? Of course, I will send you some of my warriors to guard her. Is she pretty? Does she have a sister?" Albert said with a smile. "Wait, did you say pure, white tiger? I did not even know that they still exist. They are really powerful, no wonder this guy is after her. I will send five warriors right over."

"Yes, I have found my mate. It was about a week ago that we met. Thank you for the loan of the warriors. Yes, she is pretty. No, she does not have a sister. And Yes, I said pure white tiger," Bradley answered while ticking off the answers on his fingers.

While Bradley continued making calls to the packs and pride north and east of his pack, Linda and Nigel decided to go upstairs to the guest room that Bradley had given them and Mason went to the medical centre to see whether he could help Nathan with Kay.

Once he was finished making his calls, Bradley left Jason in the office with Henry and went back to the medical centre to check on Kay. He found Paul, John and Connie having a heated discussion just outside the compound. They stopped when they saw him.

Bradley thought, I wonder what that's all about. He was worried about Kay, so he walked past them to her. After he reached Kay's bed, he felt her skin and thought; well at least the cold sheets were working a bit. She does not feel as hot as she did earlier. I wonder what John, Connie and Paul were arguing about. He just could not seem to stop wondering what the argument was about.

Suddenly, Kay sat up and screamed. Bradley jumped and everyone else came running to her bedside. Kay was sobbing and shaking all over. Bradley held her and tried to comfort her, which was hard to do because his wolf was getting angry as no one seemed to know what was happening to his mate.

John placed his hand on Kay's head and said a spell in a language that most of them had never heard. Bradley did not understand what John said, but it seemed to calm down Kay a bit although she was still whimpering.

Kay screaming seemed to stop Bradley from wondering what Paul, Connie, and John were discussing so heatedly. His whole focus was on Kay. He had to keep her safe and figure out a way to stop the burning pain she was in.

Connie went outside and called Andrew, the captain of her guard. "Andrew, have you ever seen a shift like what Kay is going through?" she asked.

Andrew said, "Only once, some 200 years ago when someone was trying to tap the shifter's powers. I bet you its Lazlo trying to get Kay to feel her powers before her body is ready. Your majesty we are going to need Isobel's help. She is the only one that can help Kay, now."

Isobel was the healer of their pride. "I know," said Connie with a sigh, "I will go and get her, but she isn't going to be happy about this. You know as well as I do, how she hates traveling by portal."

Immediately, Connie teleported to Isobel's house.

-----------------------------------

At Isobel's house

Isobel lived in a cottage in Cornwall. She was a bit of an eccentric old lady who looked about 55 years old although she was over 400.

Isobel was planting runner beans in her garden. She liked growing her own vegetables and herbs. Her garden contained quite a variety of items. She grew all kinds of cabbage, carrots, peas, runner beans, broad beans, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet corn, and squash. She also had lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, and cucumbers growing in one of the three greenhouses that were in her garden. She had all kinds of fruit trees and bushes. She even had a small rice field. All in the entire garden was designed to help her live on her own without outside interference.

Her cottage was old fashioned with the original thatched roof. Inside were an open fireplace and a cottage style three piece living room set with rose covers on them.

She didn't have a TV, or the usual video equipment or anything like that, as she thought they were contraptions to make you idle and lazy. Anyway, she had to admit she was never able to get the hang of those things.

The only modern things she had was a washer and dryer, a radio and a phone. That was it. She only used the phone in emergencies, as it was another contraption on which she was not keen.

She was just finishing planting her runner beans when there was a bright light and Connie appeared. Oh no, thought Isobel, this cannot be good if Connie has come all the way over here to see me, without getting in touch first. It must be urgent.

Isobel dusted her hands on her apron and walked over to Connie. "Hi, what brings you all the way over here to see me?" she asked.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you, Isobel, but we have a crisis in Surrey with my daughter Kay," Connie said.

"I didn't know you were still in contact with her," Isobel said. "I thought you told me it was best if they thought you died in that fire all those years ago."

"I know, but times change. I started missing her and wondering what was happening to her. I just had to see her before her 21st birthday. As it happens, she is living with a pack of wolves. The Alpha, Bradley Wolfe, is her mate. He is a very handsome chap, too," Connie said with a grin.

"That's nice, but what does it have to do with me?" Isobel asked.

"Kay was starting to get some of her powers back, so John removed the spell that he cast to bind them. As you know, she will have her first shift on the first new moon after her 21st birthday," Connie said.

"Yes, I remember your first shift very well," said Isobel with a smile.

"Kay is experiencing some very odd side effects at the moment. As we speak, she is burning up almost like her skin is going to catch fire. The only way we are keeping her cool is we have her wrapped in some cold sheets. We are keeping them cold by pouring cold water on them from time to time, but this is not a good solution," said Connie.

"Do you know when the burning started?" Isobel asked as she started walking to the first greenhouse to get some herbs from a hook. She went to her back door and Connie and she walked in.

"Well, according to Bradley, it has been going on for a while now and Kay is getting really scared," said Connie.

Isobel rushed through the living room into her bedroom to change into jeans and a shirt, picked up her jacket, packed a small suitcase, and went into the kitchen to retrieve her spell book. Isobel was a witch as well as being the healer of Connie's white tiger pride.

"Ok," Isobel said, "I'm ready."

Connie made a portal appear to transport them back to Wolfe Mansion.

-----------------------------------------

To be continued.

-----------------------------------------

I would like to thank you all for the kind reviews and I have taken on board some of your comments.

I will now be putting thoughts in Italic writing and hopefully this will make it better for you to read. I am trying to make my chapters longer as well.

I would like to thank my editor(sexydream) for all her help writing this story.

Chapter 8 should be following soon. Just have to do the finishing touches to it. So bare with me.

12